Elkay Manufacturing Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Elkay Manufacturing

2.8

Machine Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mifflinburg, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Elkay Manufacturing (Mifflinburg, PA) in March 2018.

Interview

First they took you on a tour of the facility then thy took you to an office and asked numerous questions did a on the spot saliva drug test and if they wanted to hire you they told you right away.

Interview Questions

• How can you benefit the company.   1 Answer

Team Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Elkay Manufacturing (Denver, CO) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview is simple. They ask you basic questions, "why do you think you are the best choice for this position", "what if scenarios". It is a very simple interview as long as they like what you say the position is yours. It is a plus if you have experience in the department you are applying for.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you're the best choice for this position   1 Answer

Supply Chain Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Elkay Manufacturing in August 2009.

Interview

Interview was through networking. Initial contact was by HR to set-up interview within a couple of weeks of initial contact. Had 1 informational type interview with HR manager that lasted about an hour. Was informed of outcome after couple of calls/emails. Seems like a good employee oriented company to work for.

Sale Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Elkay Manufacturing in April 2016.

Interview

very smooth and easy to deal with, overall a great experience! I met with people 1:1 and was able to ask a lot of questions. I was very happy to receive a call back from Elkay!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Elkay Manufacturing (Albany, OR).

Interview

Phone interview from HR Manager.........typical review from a clueless HR talking head. Asked about salary and she gasped. I am an engineer and paid the big bucks in compassion to a loser HR Manager.

Could not agree on compensation.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Elkay Manufacturing in February 2014.

Interview

HR called me on Monday and I went in for the interview on Wednesday. I met with a manager in Broadview, IL and a manager in Spokane, WA. At the end, I met with HR. The HR didnt really interview me, he only ask how i felt about the position.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Elkay Manufacturing in September 2009.

Interview

Well, I would say that I enjoyed the interview at Elkay. I met with two people on during the first go-round. One of these two would have been my direct supervisor. I later met with a person who works out of their Minnesota cabinet division (she would have been my manager).

The company seems to have a friendly atmosphere and be employee friendly.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a challenging assignment that you had to overcome?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Lumberton, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Elkay Manufacturing (Lumberton, NC) in March 2013.

Interview

Shuttled between four different interviewers, plus a plant tour. Questions were standard. You saw the hiring manager, and several members of upper management, plus the HR rep. Took about four hours for everything.

EHS Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Elkay Manufacturing in June 2015.

Interview

Screening phone interview. Conducted by human resources representative. Very canned questions, could not deviate from the format. Questions aimed at finding young, presumably low priced, but highly qualified and experienced individuals.

Interview Questions

• What year did you obtain your master's degree?   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Elkay Manufacturing.

Interview

The interview process consisted of a phone screen from an Elkay Recruiter, followed by an hour long phone interview from the hiring manager. Subsequent to the phone interview face-to-face interviews were arranged at their Corporate HQs. The face-to-face interviews was more than half a day affair with seven folks interviewing me for an average of an hour each. The interviewers ranged from an Analyst level to a Director. HR too interviewed me, which was quite puzzling, since I was under the impression that HR's involvement would be at the end of the process, when extending an offer. Most individuals in the interview panel had no relevant questions subject wise, and were mostly about my strengths/weakness, where do I see myself in 5 years etc.

I noticed that the hiring manager came up with a laundry list of questions typed up on a few sheets of paper with spacing for his comments. During the interview the hiring manager was quite busy writing notes in the spaces, against the questions he had prepared. The questions that were asked of me were more about gathering information for himself, rather than being relevant to the position I was being interviewed. I got a feeling, that this was a fake interview and that there were not really serious about hiring.

The Recruiter kept pestering me to share my references, SSN for a background check, even before I had my in-person interviews. I thought that this was very strange, since unless an offer was extended, how could I share this confidential information?

I would say overall a very negative experience, and I am glad that I did not end up working over there.

Interview Questions

• Could you list out your top three strengths, with real life examples ?   Answer Question