Elkay Manufacturing Interview Questions in Oak Brook, IL | Glassdoor

3.7

3 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

International Distribution Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oak Brook, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Elkay Manufacturing (Oak Brook, IL) in June 2016.

Interview

Phone interview with talent recruiter lasting one hour to screen thoroughly before recommending me as a candidate
    Phone interview with International Sales Director and Services Manager also included very detailed questions about my background and using examples of situations to see how I would manage each
    Meet with four key people at Elkay: Operations, HR, VP Int'l Sales - this was a good interview and each of these people asked relevant questions about my past, where I aspire to be in the next five years and examples of prior situations.
    The most uncomfortable interview was with the person in Operations who directly asked me which year I graduated and which year I came to the United States (leading to my age).

Interview Questions

• Tell me how you would handle a situation where you could not deliver goods on time to a customer?   1 Answer

Digital Marketing Specialist, Web Content Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oak Brook, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Elkay Manufacturing (Oak Brook, IL) in October 2014.

Interview

Spoke to the recruiter first over the phone and then we set up a phone interview with the hiring manager. I was later invited for an in person interview. I interviewed with 7 different people. First was the hiring manager where we talked about my experience mostly. Next I spoke to her boss who asked about what I could bring to the team. After that I met with two people who I would be helping them with my services followed by two people who would be my partners on the team. Lastly I met with the Director of HR and then the initial recruiter came in to debrief and ask if I needed any water or anything else. It was a half day full of talking and answering questions. Definitely a bit grueling but necessary to insure a proper a fit from both ends.

Senior Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oak Brook, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Elkay Manufacturing (Oak Brook, IL) in April 2014.

Interview

Very thorough. I had two screen calls, one full day of interviews and some follow up telephone interviews. The hiring manager was outstanding. She was very thorough and attentive. She actively kept in touch and did a great job outlining what to expect. Everyone I met with was organized and asked thoughtful questions. Unanimously, I felt that everyone's demeanor was positive. I found that infectious and motivating. It make me want the job more than anything.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a situation where you needed to make a decision without all of the information. How did you handle it and what was the outcome?

How would you describe your management style? What would your direct reports say that your greatest strength is?

Describe how you would manage an employee that is not meeting expectations? What steps would you take to put your employee on the right path?

Tell me a situation where you failed. What happened and how did you handle it?   Answer Question