Ellie Mae Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 12, 2018

1. Featured Interview

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Ellie Mae (Pleasanton, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

Entire process was in three main stages.
    1. Recruiter screening - Here they just want to know what your interested in and match you accordingly to a team.
    2. WebEx Technical Interview - Basic OOP's concepts, REST API's, SQL, Javascript and simple coding question
    3. Onsite - 4 technical rounds

Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ellie Mae (Pleasanton, CA) in December 2012.

Interview

Online application

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ellie Mae in March 2016.

Interview

Applied through an internal reference, Recruiter send an email that they recruit only Green Card holders and Citizens. Unfortunately I am in H1B I am not qualified for this company. H1B or F1 visa guys stay away from this company.

Ellie Mae Response

Apr 14, 2016 – SVP, Human Resources and Operations

I’m disappointed seeing your comments, because it does not represent Ellie Mae. I'm unclear where you got this impression. Our priority is to hire the best and the brightest to help enable our... More

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Ellie Mae.

Interview

The Interview Process took too much time. I think it depends on the recruiter also. Otherwise interviewers were nice. Onsite interview had 5 rounds. Overall very good experience with interviewers. Can't say the same for the recruiter.

Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Ellie Mae (Pleasanton, CA).

Interview

Interview process was fast and smooth. I was very well informed of different phases in the recruitment process. Interviewers were super nice and made me comfortable during the entire process

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Ellie Mae.

Interview

The interviewer asked about previous project experience and questions related web services. It was a webex call. I was also asked to code for Palindrome alogorithm. She explained me what qualities they are looking in the candidate to hire.

Senior Technical Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Ellie Mae (Pleasanton, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

Interview process was streamline, I talked with the Hiring manager and a member of the team on the phone and then was invited to an onsite review. Whole process took approximately 2 weeks, process would have been quicker, I was on vacation and came back the following week for the onsite.

Interview Questions

• Onsite was very positive, I was ask how I find great candidates, why I like what I do.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Ellie Mae.

Interview

The Interview process was fairly straightforward.

1. Recruiter call to go over logistics of the position, making sure you have the appropriate background as per the job description.

2. Technical Interviews over the phone - So unfortunately there was some miscommunication on their end, some people rescheduling, etc, but I ended up having 5 phone technical interviews. These were fairly straight forward as well, starting with my background, scenarios dealing with requirements and end user requests, and general infrastructure knowledge testing for Linux, scripting, etc.

3. Technical Interviews on-site. I had another 4 interviews on site, ranging from 1 technical interview with a talented systems engineer both about public and private server knowledge, and then 3 interviews with managers and HR to go over logistics and culture fit.

Everyone was great!

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ellie Mae (Pleasanton, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

I spoke to 3 individuals in a 2 hour time span. They were very polite and welcoming. Each person glanced at my resume, but really wanted to know more about me and what i enjoy doing instead of what was written down on my resume.

Interview Questions

• What is a challenge you had in your past work experience and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Training Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ellie Mae (Pleasanton, CA) in October 2012.

Interview

After submitting my cover letter and resume, I was contacted by the Talent Acquisition Manager at Ellie Mae for an initial interview. I passed the screening and then was passed on to the Training Manager for a phone interview. I was then forwarded on to the Vice President, Client Services manager for my third telephone interview. After that successful interview, I was asked to prepare a 15-10 minute training presentation on any topic so they could gage my competencies and training style(s). This was to happen in the next week or two. The following week I was asked to speak with yet another person for my fourth telephone interview. I spoke with the Vice President of Development for about 25 minutes. That following Friday I was asked to give my presentation via webinar and conference call. I delivered my presentation in the allotted time to four panelists who at the end of the presentation gave me glowing reviews.

I was then told that they would be making a decision and I would be contacted the early part of the following week. I never heard from them that week. So the Friday of that week, I left two voice mail messages with the manager and Vice President regarding following up with the interviews; I decided to make a call to Ellie Mae corporate (no live person ever answered the phone) instead I got a voice mail tree and found the Vice President's office number and called that, and she picked up the phone. I thanked her for giving me the time to interview and was doing my due diligence and following up, she preceded to thank me for following up, and assured me that they had not gotten their respective parties together to collaborate due to a conference that some of them were attending, and that as soon as they have come to a decision, they would contact me.

That following Monday evening around 9 P.M., I received an email thanking me for taking the time to interview with Ellie Mae for their Product Trainer position, and at this time, they have selected other candidates to move to the final selection process.

Since that interview, I have looked again on their website and they have updated the position as of (10/22/12) with the position still available.

Interview Questions

• I we hire you, will you be loyal to our company and not leave for another opportunity should it arrise?   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ellie Mae in February 2017.

Interview

I had a phone interview with a recruiter, then a hiring manager. I was encouraged to follow up with the hiring manager with any questions, but they would not return my calls or emails. They do not have the common decency to even send you a rejection letter... your application sits "on file" for eternity. Encompass is buggy, unreliable software anyways.

Interview Questions

• Typical run of the mill stuff- interviewer was more interested in talking than listening.   Answer Question