Ellie Mae Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

1. Featured Interview

Business Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ellie Mae (Pleasanton, CA) in September 2018.

Interview

Three stages, fairly quick process. Interviewed with four separate people during my two hour visits each. Was offered job in writing within five business days. All interviews were very professional and the entire process was very easy. Onboarding was also very easy.

Interview Questions

• How does (previous job) relate to this position you're applying for?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ellie Mae (Pleasanton, CA) in February 2020.

Interview

The interview process took 2 weeks. I applied online and got a response from recruiter within a couple of days.
    I quickly scheduled a technical phone interview. The question asked were around current job and was asked to solve a DS problem on hacker rank. It was based on Arrays.
    I passed that round and went onto onsite.

1st Round - REST api's and a simple problem around Arrays.
    2nd Round - REST api's and architecture at current company.
    3rd Round - Behavioral and some questions on Java and other languages.
    4th Round - Multithreading concepts, REST api's and an easy Tree problem.

Received an offer within 2 days. Negotiated and got what I was expecting.
    I enjoyed the interview process and it was well defined.

Database Administrator Interview

Interview

got a call from recruiter , but once I heard about the directors name whom I known in the past , dont want to apply further. worst director from ebay. if you pull all ebay oracle DBAs when this director was working on they will give you book of tortures they went through with this guy

Interview Questions

• recruiter - general experience , company benefits etc,.   1 Answer

IT Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Ellie Mae in December 2019.

Interview

Had a 30 minute phone interview with the hiring manager and HR Talent Acquisition Recruiter. Then completed on-site interviews with 4 people comprised of IT and Functional stakeholders.

Senior Applications Security Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ellie Mae (Pleasanton, CA) in October 2019.

Interview

Company and role overview Call with Recruiter, then moderately technical Call with Security VP, then Ghosted.

Severely disappointed in their Recruiters for ghosting a candidate.
    Security VP was an absolute pleasure to talk to. Patient, kind, framed the interview in a manner that permitted me to demonstrate my knowledge without feeling like a bland technical exam.

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ellie Mae in May 2019.

Interview

Applied Online through their portal in March 2019. A recruiter contacted in 1st week of May and scheduled an interview. Just 15 minutes before the scheduled interview, she drops a voice mail that position is filled and interview is cancelled.
    This becomes evident that the company does not value candidates time.

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Ellie Mae.

Interview

Discussed implementing new clients onto software products. Train, configure and deploy client. Travel every quarter. Report bugs. Work with the clients for 30-90 days. Document process using Salesforce. Create documentation as needed. Follow Ellie Mae values.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want this position?   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ellie Mae in January 2019.

Interview

Phone screen was fine, then I came in for some face to face interviews. It was a bit of a mess. The recruiter was late meeting me, the hiring manager couldn’t find the conference room so he was late. The line of questioning was fine. They rescheduled one interview. It was a mess and therefore I declined the offer.

Interview Questions

• Why are you looking for this new opportunity?   2 Answers
    • Can you tell me about your qualifications for this role?   1 Answer

Senior Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ellie Mae (Pleasanton, CA) in January 2019.

Interview

Wonderful Experience. Had one phone screen and two rounds of onsite interviews. About 12 people interviewed in addition to recruiter. The questions were related to Finance as this role is for Financials and generic BSA questions

Interview Questions

• More inline with the senior BSA role   2 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ellie Mae (El Segundo, CA) in November 2018.

Interview

First round was with their in-house recruiter over the phone. He was really very nice and a pleasure to talk with. Second round was also over the phone with the tech lead. Third round was in-person with another tech lead.

Interview Questions

• .Net page-level caching questions   1 Answer
    • REST API - verbs, url formation, best practices, output   1 Answer
    • Whiteboard:
      1. email interface
      2. use dependency injection for an email service to demonstrate loose-coupling
      3. unit testing   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Interview

Interview was very unprofessional. Interviewer have not come prepared with the interview question was checking the laptop and asking the question. One of the interview was not able to make then the previous buy took the interview and he was looking like biased.