Ellie Mae Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ellie Mae Interview Questions

Updated Apr 25, 2017

3.2

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ellie Mae in February 2017.

Interview

I had a phone interview with a recruiter, then a hiring manager. I was encouraged to follow up with the hiring manager with any questions, but they would not return my calls or emails. They do not have the common decency to even send you a rejection letter... your application sits "on file" for eternity. Encompass is buggy, unreliable software anyways.

Interview Questions

• Typical run of the mill stuff- interviewer was more interested in talking than listening.   Answer Question

Senior BI Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Ellie Mae.

Interview

Interview process comprised of phone interview with Sr. Manager followed by a series of multiple group interviews with members of the team, including Sr. Director. Interview questions were both technical and non-technical and included questions relating to SQL, ETL Process, Statistics, and BI life-cycle. Questions were also asked to gauge whether I could work well with the team. Overall experience was positive.

Enterprise Sales Liaison Interview

Anonymous Employee in Livermore, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ellie Mae (Livermore, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

The team that I support exist mainly in field offices rather than in the home office, where I work. Several phone interviews were set up with Talent Acq, HR, SVP's, Sales Execs, etc. every call came to me at the exact minute it was scheduled, all questions were relevant and all were mindful of time and courtesy.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable with walking to an Executive's office, knocking on the door and politely and professionally insisting on a moment of their attention?   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I got a call from one recruiter saying some one has referred me. I was not able to recall her completely. After applying for job I had one phonic technical round and then on site interview of around 4-5 hours.

Interview Questions

• In Phonic round I was asked to write code for generating Magic square of 3. The logic was also there otherwise it is hard to answer these kind of questions   Answer Question
    • Questions on how to get the depth of complete file structure in tree.   1 Answer
    • Implement adding an element into Binary tree.   Answer Question
    • Some questions on multi threading   Answer Question

Custom Solutions Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ellie Mae (Pleasanton, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

The interview process went well, but took some time. There was comfort knowing that while I was being interviewed by talent acquisition, several department managers, and a couple of executive leaders, I also had the opportunity to interview each of them. Between phone calls and a site visit, I was able to conclude this would be a company vested in my success, would offer a wonderful workplace environment, and would be confident in my abilities to perform.

Interview Questions

• To translate a business scenario to code (or pseudocode).   1 Answer
    • Typical questions when discussing positions detailed within a resume. I was also asked questions geared towards gaining insight into my technology and mortgage industry experience/knowledge.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations, the initial offer was fair.

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ellie Mae in May 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very professional. The timeline was longer than I was used to but they are a larger company so there is a lot of coordinating of schedules, however, the hiring manager was nice enough to call me to keep me informed so I didn't think I had been forgotten.

Interview Questions

• The questions asked were just standard interview questions and a review of my skills.   1 Answer

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Ellie Mae (Pleasanton, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Phone interview with the recruiter and hiring manager, then in-person interviews with several members of the team and the hiring manager, then a second round of in-person interviews with upper level management, then a last round with the business partner I would support. The hiring manager was very transparent about the process and next steps. The internal recruiter and talent acquisition coordinator were both easy to communicate with and very friendly and professional.

Interview Questions

• Questions pertained to my experience to assess whether or not I could do the job and there was also a lot of questions to assess whether I would be a good fit into the team and culture. Regarding skills, they asked if I had worked on various types of analyses or done forecasting for various parts of the P&L. Sometimes they proposed hypothetical questions to see how I would approach solving the problem. Regarding fit, they asked about how I worked, how I communicate, and they asked situational questions.   Answer Question

Information Security Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ellie Mae in March 2016.

Interview

I applied online and after a few weeks, I was contacted by the recruiter. He asked for my availability for a phone call, which I promptly provided. However, after that email, I never heard back from the recruiter. A second email didn't yield anything.

This is very unprofessional and speak volume of the organization hiring practices. I am somehow glad that I did not go through with the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Nothing. The recruiter cut of all contacts after the first email.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ellie Mae in March 2016.

Interview

Applied through an internal reference, Recruiter send an email that they recruit only Green Card holders and Citizens. Unfortunately I am in H1B I am not qualified for this company. H1B or F1 visa guys stay away from this company.

Ellie Mae Response

Apr 14, 2016 – SVP, Human Resources and Operations

I’m disappointed seeing your comments, because it does not represent Ellie Mae. I'm unclear where you got this impression. Our priority is to hire the best and the brightest to help enable our ... More

Learning and Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ellie Mae (Pleasanton, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

Once I got past the recruiter, I had a conversation with the hiring manager then was invited for a face to face interview. Met with 3 people in the department. Was called back for round to and met with 4 people in the department including the CHRO. It took about a half a day for each face to face session. A panel would have reduced the time of the interview. There were some repetitive questions.

Interview Questions

• Typical behavioral interviewing questions (that you can google and prepare for).
       - Describe a situation that was difficult but you learned from it.
      - What was one of the most creative things you did in your last job.
      - Describe one of your biggest challenges that you overcame.
      1 Answer