Ellie Mae Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ellie Mae Interview Questions

Updated Dec 5, 2017

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Ellie Mae.

Interview

The interviewer asked about previous project experience and questions related web services. It was a webex call. I was also asked to code for Palindrome alogorithm. She explained me what qualities they are looking in the candidate to hire.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

Interview

Long, tedious, repetitive. Mediocre and disorganized. Full of aging second-raters looking to hire third-raters. Very "homogeneous". Every single interviewer. Didn't hear back from recruiter! What a waste. Avoid at all cost.

Interview Questions

• Describe some random general thing, so that I can see you're smarter than me.   Answer Question

Senior Director, Product Management Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ellie Mae in September 2017.

Interview

This company does not understand the meaning of "communication". Emails, phone calls, etc. go unanswered. Their job portal website always shows the job as "in process" even after the position has been filled. Initially, the HR rep didn't even consider me because she wasn't sure that I was willing to relocate (never asked, just assumed..even though I applied the position from afar). Very disappointing experience.

Interview Questions

• General background questions, standard profile screening.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Interview

Phone interview with a recruiter followed by technical phone interview. Phone interview was to check expectations about salary and benefits. The technical interview was focused on resume and projects I worked on.

Engineering Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Ellie Mae (Pleasanton, CA).

Interview

This position was for an Engineering Manager position. I spoke with the Sr. Director over the phone. This person wanted to make a technology move from a C# to a Java stack. He seemed to be interested in moving to an on-site.
    The on-site was a mixed bag. The first interviewer was a remote C# engineer. He was worried about how I would handle the team if Java were used for development and whether he would be fired. The second interviewer was from Product Management, was supposed to take me to lunch but suddenly decided to be remote. So this interview became very weird with this guy on the phone and me trying to eat and talk. This interviewer came from a related space to my current work domain and was trying to tell me what the competitors to my current company were when I clearly knew otherwise. Also this interviewer was new to the firm and couldn't answer my questions properly. I felt it quite unprofessional that HR did not tell me in advance about his non-availability. The next interviewer was a person from senior management. This guy spent half the interview examining his phone while he listened to my answers. He had already made up his mind. This interviewer then asked me to list the reasons for leaving each of my employers in the last 6 years ( 2 employers ). I found this quite rich coming from someone who had been at his previous job only 7 months before he came to Ellie Mae. You will see this when you look up his LinkedIn profile. The next interview was with an architect. This person was good to talk to and we talked about different API implementations. He seemed quite concerned that there were different factions aligned to Java and C# and wondered if the Java/AWS move would ever happen. This set off alarm bells in my brain. The last interviewer was again from senior management but on the UI side. This was a good interview - with lots of management questions asked. At the end of it all, it was pretty apparent that 2 of the interviewers were least interested - they probably had other people lined up. Was a good interview experience but I can't wait to see how their competitor Blend does.

Interview Questions

• Name the competitors to my current company   1 Answer

Problem Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ellie Mae.

Interview

Standard screen, in person interview with hiring manager and peer. Asked to come back for interview with peer and a VP. Never got a response even after 2 followup emails to the hiring manager and the HR recruiter.

Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Ellie Mae (Pleasanton, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

Entire process was in three main stages.
    1. Recruiter screening - Here they just want to know what your interested in and match you accordingly to a team.
    2. WebEx Technical Interview - Basic OOP's concepts, REST API's, SQL, Javascript and simple coding question
    3. Onsite - 4 technical rounds

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ellie Mae (Pleasanton, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

There was a phone screen and then they invited for in-person interview. All interviewers were very courteous. The in-person interview was almost all day long for about 6 hours. Most of the questions were technical to assess the software skills. There were also questions about your overall experience and how you handle particular situations etc.,

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were technical / white boarding to assess the software skills.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Ellie Mae (Pleasanton, CA).

Interview

Hr call, phone interview (pair programming), onsite (3 technical 1 behavior)
    Expectations are very high and some of the interviewers are very rude. HR should work on diversifying the company. HR is very nice and helpful, but some interviewers ask questions that are not related to the job description or the type of work you'll do. Some interviewer felt as if they didn't want to hire anyone.

Interview Questions

• Questions heavily based on algorithms and data structures.   Answer Question

Front End Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ellie Mae in July 2017.

Interview

Overall the interview process was nice. There are 3 rounds, first one includes the normal phone screening round in which they go through your resume and expectations etc.
    The second round was the technical one. They asked me lot of questions on both the front end and back end. Thats why I got confused about the position. The last round is an onsite interview, it contains 4 technical interviews.

Interview Questions

• The first technical round has questions like closure function in JS, Sevice Oriented Architecture etc.   Answer Question