Ellie Mae Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

9 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior QA Automation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Ellie Mae (Pleasanton, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

1. Screening by recruiter - about 60 minutes.
    2. Initial Phone Interview by QA in platform team - about 45 minutes
    3. followed by onsite interviews- about 3.5 hours on site and full day off from work.

I felt I was overqualified for the position.
    2-3 emails to follow up.
    No response on anything by recruiters.

For all the time and energy invested by a candidate, at least put a closure with a followup email indicating your decision.

Interview Questions

• Regular and easy QE question, few very easy coding questions, SQL, mostly API related questions too.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ellie Mae in February 2017.

Interview

I had a phone interview with a recruiter, then a hiring manager. I was encouraged to follow up with the hiring manager with any questions, but they would not return my calls or emails. They do not have the common decency to even send you a rejection letter... your application sits "on file" for eternity. Encompass is buggy, unreliable software anyways.

Interview Questions

• Typical run of the mill stuff- interviewer was more interested in talking than listening.   Answer Question

Information Security Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ellie Mae in March 2016.

Interview

I applied online and after a few weeks, I was contacted by the recruiter. He asked for my availability for a phone call, which I promptly provided. However, after that email, I never heard back from the recruiter. A second email didn't yield anything.

This is very unprofessional and speak volume of the organization hiring practices. I am somehow glad that I did not go through with the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Nothing. The recruiter cut of all contacts after the first email.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ellie Mae in March 2016.

Interview

Applied through an internal reference, Recruiter send an email that they recruit only Green Card holders and Citizens. Unfortunately I am in H1B I am not qualified for this company. H1B or F1 visa guys stay away from this company.

Ellie Mae Response

Apr 14, 2016 – SVP, Human Resources and Operations

I’m disappointed seeing your comments, because it does not represent Ellie Mae. I'm unclear where you got this impression. Our priority is to hire the best and the brightest to help enable our... More

Human Resources Business Partner Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Ellie Mae.

Interview

I was referred to the recruiting team by a current employee. I was contacted by a scheduler who scheduled an interview. The recruiter never called me at the scheduled date/time. I had to get back in touch with the scheduler to inform her the recruiter never called me. No apology. Scheduled another date/time. Day before, interview had to be changed - I understand that happens often. Then on the re-rescheduled date/time, again, no call from the recruiter. I wasn't going to reach out to Ellie Mae again, they should be following up with me when THEY miss the interview. I am very busy so for this to happen multiple times was highly unprofessional. Hard to believe this is how they treat people that they are trying to get to work for them.

Senior Virtualization Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ellie Mae (Pleasanton, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Consisted of two phone screens(IT Recruiter, and an Architect), and an in person panel interview from different areas of the Technology group that included the hiring manager.

The Good:
    The Technical panel interview went well, and I thought the company was a complete fit for the role based on the requirements. The teams were professional and upfront about the role and company, which was appreciated. The technical questions were well thought out.

The Bad:
    The communication from recruitment in the beginning was thorough and the team was upfront when the process started, however it seemed to be lacking and changed in each conversation in the end looking like a disorganized team.

Interview Questions

• Scenario based questions based on their current infrastructure and on what improvements i would recommend or change.   1 Answer

Release Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ellie Mae in April 2013.

Interview

I had a phone interview with the hiring manager followed by an in-person interview with several of the team members.

One of the in-person interviews was extremely odd -- a contributor (with whom this role would have worked closely with) spent the entire 45-minute interview talking at me rather than asking questions. This became extremely uncomfortable.

After the interview, I never heard from Ellie Mae again. At that point I didn't expect to be offered the job (nor would I have accepted), but having taken a day off to come in and interview I would have at least expected the courtesy of an email saying they'd decided to do in another direction.

Interview Questions

• No specific questions stand out -- the interviewer who didn't ask questions was by far the most difficult portion to handle.   Answer Question

Training Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ellie Mae (Pleasanton, CA) in October 2012.

Interview

After submitting my cover letter and resume, I was contacted by the Talent Acquisition Manager at Ellie Mae for an initial interview. I passed the screening and then was passed on to the Training Manager for a phone interview. I was then forwarded on to the Vice President, Client Services manager for my third telephone interview. After that successful interview, I was asked to prepare a 15-10 minute training presentation on any topic so they could gage my competencies and training style(s). This was to happen in the next week or two. The following week I was asked to speak with yet another person for my fourth telephone interview. I spoke with the Vice President of Development for about 25 minutes. That following Friday I was asked to give my presentation via webinar and conference call. I delivered my presentation in the allotted time to four panelists who at the end of the presentation gave me glowing reviews.

I was then told that they would be making a decision and I would be contacted the early part of the following week. I never heard from them that week. So the Friday of that week, I left two voice mail messages with the manager and Vice President regarding following up with the interviews; I decided to make a call to Ellie Mae corporate (no live person ever answered the phone) instead I got a voice mail tree and found the Vice President's office number and called that, and she picked up the phone. I thanked her for giving me the time to interview and was doing my due diligence and following up, she preceded to thank me for following up, and assured me that they had not gotten their respective parties together to collaborate due to a conference that some of them were attending, and that as soon as they have come to a decision, they would contact me.

That following Monday evening around 9 P.M., I received an email thanking me for taking the time to interview with Ellie Mae for their Product Trainer position, and at this time, they have selected other candidates to move to the final selection process.

Since that interview, I have looked again on their website and they have updated the position as of (10/22/12) with the position still available.

Interview Questions

• I we hire you, will you be loyal to our company and not leave for another opportunity should it arrise?   1 Answer

Senior Interaction Designer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ellie Mae in January 2013.

Interview

After a pleasant, collegial interview with a very competent-seeming hiring manager, I was invited to a second interview with a larger team. I was given an exercise to prepare in advance (suggest revisions to a series of pages) and also show examples of projects where I had faced design challenges and how I addressed them. Both of these took some time to prepare.

Almost half the hour allotted went to set-up, unfortunately. The first projector we tried would not accept a signal; the second washed all color from the projected images. One participant was participating remotely, so time also went into getting hooked into their wireless and setting up GoToMeeting.

Meanwhile, it seems, senior managers invited were fuming. The mood was combative and critical from the start. One kept latching onto design details and expressing disdain for my explanations. It had been a while since I completed the complex projects shown, but I was expected to instantly remember the thinking that went into every detail. Criticism of design is of course an integral part of the process, but there are ways to go about design reviews that are constructive and not insulting, particularly when someone has been asked to prepare something on their own time. What they thought of my response to their design exercise (sent in advance) was never mentioned.

Soon after this grilling concluded, someone from HR showed up to say that the people I was supposed to talk to next had “been pulled into meetings” (this had been supposed to be a 3-hour process.)

The recruiters who got me into this, extremely solicitous beforehand, stopped communicating.

A thoroughly unpleasant waste of time.

Interview Questions

• "Why does the design not show how the company is protected from employees who misuse this application?"   Answer Question