Ellie Mae Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ellie Mae Interview Questions

Updated Oct 19, 2016

3.2

Release Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ellie Mae in April 2013.

Interview

I had a phone interview with the hiring manager followed by an in-person interview with several of the team members.

One of the in-person interviews was extremely odd -- a contributor (with whom this role would have worked closely with) spent the entire 45-minute interview talking at me rather than asking questions. This became extremely uncomfortable.

After the interview, I never heard from Ellie Mae again. At that point I didn't expect to be offered the job (nor would I have accepted), but having taken a day off to come in and interview I would have at least expected the courtesy of an email saying they'd decided to do in another direction.

Interview Questions

• No specific questions stand out -- the interviewer who didn't ask questions was by far the most difficult portion to handle.   Answer Question

Human Resources Business Partner Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Ellie Mae.

Interview

I was referred to the recruiting team by a current employee. I was contacted by a scheduler who scheduled an interview. The recruiter never called me at the scheduled date/time. I had to get back in touch with the scheduler to inform her the recruiter never called me. No apology. Scheduled another date/time. Day before, interview had to be changed - I understand that happens often. Then on the re-rescheduled date/time, again, no call from the recruiter. I wasn't going to reach out to Ellie Mae again, they should be following up with me when THEY miss the interview. I am very busy so for this to happen multiple times was highly unprofessional. Hard to believe this is how they treat people that they are trying to get to work for them.

Information Security Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ellie Mae in March 2016.

Interview

I applied online and after a few weeks, I was contacted by the recruiter. He asked for my availability for a phone call, which I promptly provided. However, after that email, I never heard back from the recruiter. A second email didn't yield anything.

This is very unprofessional and speak volume of the organization hiring practices. I am somehow glad that I did not go through with the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Nothing. The recruiter cut of all contacts after the first email.   Answer Question

Custom Solutions Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ellie Mae (Pleasanton, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

The interview process went well, but took some time. There was comfort knowing that while I was being interviewed by talent acquisition, several department managers, and a couple of executive leaders, I also had the opportunity to interview each of them. Between phone calls and a site visit, I was able to conclude this would be a company vested in my success, would offer a wonderful workplace environment, and would be confident in my abilities to perform.

Interview Questions

• To translate a business scenario to code (or pseudocode).   1 Answer
    • Typical questions when discussing positions detailed within a resume. I was also asked questions geared towards gaining insight into my technology and mortgage industry experience/knowledge.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations, the initial offer was fair.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I got a call from one recruiter saying some one has referred me. I was not able to recall her completely. After applying for job I had one phonic technical round and then on site interview of around 4-5 hours.

Interview Questions

• In Phonic round I was asked to write code for generating Magic square of 3. The logic was also there otherwise it is hard to answer these kind of questions   Answer Question
    • Questions on how to get the depth of complete file structure in tree.   1 Answer
    • Implement adding an element into Binary tree.   Answer Question
    • Some questions on multi threading   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ellie Mae in March 2016.

Interview

Applied through an internal reference, Recruiter send an email that they recruit only Green Card holders and Citizens. Unfortunately I am in H1B I am not qualified for this company. H1B or F1 visa guys stay away from this company.

Ellie Mae Response

Apr 14, 2016 – SVP, Human Resources and Operations

I’m disappointed seeing your comments, because it does not represent Ellie Mae. I'm unclear where you got this impression. Our priority is to hire the best and the brightest to help enable our ... More

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ellie Mae (Pleasanton, CA) in December 2012.

Interview

Online application

Tech Support Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Ellie Mae (Omaha, NE) in April 2013.

Interview

Initial contact was through a recruiting company. After this, a short phone interview took place where my Operations experience and team leadership was discussed. I was then invited out to the corporate office for a day long 'meet and greet' with multiple folks in various leadership positions.

Interview Questions

• The most unsettling visit was with the VP of Tech Support. No questions were asked - she said she just 'wanted to talk'. It was the least formalized visit of the day which was unexpected.   2 Answers

Negotiation

I visited with the SVP of HR. We only negotiated once, and this was through the consulting company that recruited me.

Product Trainer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ellie Mae (San Francisco, CA) in December 2012.

Interview

4 rounds of interviews by phone, slow hiring process, sample training demonstration, background checks. Interview screening from H.R., 1-1 interview, panel interview, presentation, another 1-1 interview. Long periods of silence, weeks before they get back to for additional rounds and decision making.

Interview Questions

• Standard run of the mill questions (scenario based).   1 Answer

Negotiation

typical, back and forth for 2 phases

Technology Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ellie Mae.

Interview

Very professional fair and reasanable. was called whithin days, had phone interview followed by in personinterview with the team as well as the managers, had feedback very soon and received the offer in a timely manner.

Negotiation

Very resanable.