Ellie Mae Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 30, 2017

3.1

Senior QA Automation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Ellie Mae (Pleasanton, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

1. Screening by recruiter - about 60 minutes.
    2. Initial Phone Interview by QA in platform team - about 45 minutes
    3. followed by onsite interviews- about 3.5 hours on site and full day off from work.

I felt I was overqualified for the position.
    2-3 emails to follow up.
    No response on anything by recruiters.

For all the time and energy invested by a candidate, at least put a closure with a followup email indicating your decision.

Interview Questions

• Regular and easy QE question, few very easy coding questions, SQL, mostly API related questions too.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Ellie Mae (Pleasanton, CA).

Interview

Interview process was fast and smooth. I was very well informed of different phases in the recruitment process. Interviewers were super nice and made me comfortable during the entire process

Product Trainer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ellie Mae in December 2014.

Interview

The interview process was very long and there were several cycles that I had to go through. There also wasn't a position open, at the time, but I was first on the list to be called as soon as a position was requested.

Interview Questions

• Are you available to Travel   1 Answer

Software Developer New Grad Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Ellie Mae (Pleasanton, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

I got an interview call through a career fair at my school. They called me onsite after a phone screen. There were 3 technical interviews and a behavioral interview. Technical interviews mostly had questions related to Data Structures and algorithms like LinkedList, HashMap, Arrays. Overall the experience was positive, the interviewers were really sweet and helpful. The whole process was very fast paced. I received an offer in 2 days after the onsite interview.

Interview Questions

• Reverse a linked list and other questions on Linked lists
      Puzzles
      Dynamic resizing of arrays
      Design an efficient data structure
      How hash maps work and reducing collisions etc.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Ellie Mae.

Interview

The Interview process was fairly straightforward.

1. Recruiter call to go over logistics of the position, making sure you have the appropriate background as per the job description.

2. Technical Interviews over the phone - So unfortunately there was some miscommunication on their end, some people rescheduling, etc, but I ended up having 5 phone technical interviews. These were fairly straight forward as well, starting with my background, scenarios dealing with requirements and end user requests, and general infrastructure knowledge testing for Linux, scripting, etc.

3. Technical Interviews on-site. I had another 4 interviews on site, ranging from 1 technical interview with a talented systems engineer both about public and private server knowledge, and then 3 interviews with managers and HR to go over logistics and culture fit.

Everyone was great!

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ellie Mae in February 2017.

Interview

I had a phone interview with a recruiter, then a hiring manager. I was encouraged to follow up with the hiring manager with any questions, but they would not return my calls or emails. They do not have the common decency to even send you a rejection letter... your application sits "on file" for eternity. Encompass is buggy, unreliable software anyways.

Interview Questions

• Typical run of the mill stuff- interviewer was more interested in talking than listening.   Answer Question

Enterprise Sales Liaison Interview

Anonymous Employee in Livermore, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ellie Mae (Livermore, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

The team that I support exist mainly in field offices rather than in the home office, where I work. Several phone interviews were set up with Talent Acq, HR, SVP's, Sales Execs, etc. every call came to me at the exact minute it was scheduled, all questions were relevant and all were mindful of time and courtesy.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable with walking to an Executive's office, knocking on the door and politely and professionally insisting on a moment of their attention?   1 Answer

Senior BI Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Ellie Mae.

Interview

Interview process comprised of phone interview with Sr. Manager followed by a series of multiple group interviews with members of the team, including Sr. Director. Interview questions were both technical and non-technical and included questions relating to SQL, ETL Process, Statistics, and BI life-cycle. Questions were also asked to gauge whether I could work well with the team. Overall experience was positive.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I got a call from one recruiter saying some one has referred me. I was not able to recall her completely. After applying for job I had one phonic technical round and then on site interview of around 4-5 hours.

Interview Questions

• In Phonic round I was asked to write code for generating Magic square of 3. The logic was also there otherwise it is hard to answer these kind of questions   Answer Question
    • Questions on how to get the depth of complete file structure in tree.   1 Answer
    • Implement adding an element into Binary tree.   Answer Question
    • Some questions on multi threading   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ellie Mae in May 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very professional. The timeline was longer than I was used to but they are a larger company so there is a lot of coordinating of schedules, however, the hiring manager was nice enough to call me to keep me informed so I didn't think I had been forgotten.

Interview Questions

• The questions asked were just standard interview questions and a review of my skills.   1 Answer