Elmcroft Senior Living Nursing Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

1.0

Nursing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Radcliff, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Elmcroft Senior Living (Radcliff, KY) in April 2015.

Interview

They called me after applying online for an interview. When I got there they wanted me to fill out a paper application as a part of the process. I have serious problems with the tone of the application. Specifically the application demanded that I sign two lines in particular. The first days "I understand that emergency conditions may require me to temporarily work shifts other than those for which I am applying and agree to such scheduling changes as directed by my supervisor or Elmcroft management." Mind you that this one is written in all caps. So I don't know how they define an emergency, and to me it means that scheduling will be ad hoc. I've been working as a nursing assistant for three and a half years now, and I know there is an industry-wide shortage, and that this becomes stressful for leadership. I do not want to work for a company that gives itself the right to define an emergency when there is merely staff shortage.

The next line gives my interpretation more weight. It demands that I sign agreement to "work schedules are based upon the needs of the business and may be subject to change on a weekly basis." I once had a job like this. It was when I worked in retail. The problem wasn't my availability, but the lack of any guarantee of consistent scheduling. In fact I would be signing away my right to consistent schedule.

I didn't get any further in the application and asked to see the interviewer. She was friendly and mild mannered. I pointed out my issue and she tried to explain how they actually do things which isn't as bad as the application sounds. Still I worried that this was a corporate mindset that might come out when management changes hands.

I had to part ways however when she saw how much I was asking for. I currently work for Trilogy and didn't want to take a substantial pay cut just to work closer to home. They start pay at $9/hr and add $0.20/hr for each year of experience, up to five years I think. This is not competitive.

Interview Questions

• I didn't really get to ask any questions, I was more asking her questions. You just need to know what you're worth.   Answer Question

We just could agree on pay. There is really no negotiation here. I'm sure pay is locked in by corporate. I would suggest that nursing aides look elsewhere and don't be afraid of a long commute to find a company that will pay competitively. This is difficult work in so many ways. Generally I've found that the pay offered represents the degree by which a company values its employees. I would hate to work for a company that didn't value my work.