Elsevier Test Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Elsevier

1 Interview Review

1.0

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxford, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Elsevier (Oxford, England (UK)) in October 2018.

Interview

I firstly attended a phone screening interview, and then joined a face-to-face interview. The atmosphere was very friendly in general. Both two attenders were software developers and none of them asked me any question related to my profession, testing. There was no technical question either. I was asked to explain what I've done in my previous roles, and then given an unspecific case asking how to test it. I explained the test strategy by prioritising the functions of the case and then mentioned about possible test methodologies and test cases including negative scenarios. Nobody asked me any specific technical question about the technology or tool I could utilise while testing. Therefore, I only focused on the test methodologies and the test coverage I designed. After the interview I was thinking it was great and I would get an offer, but I couldn't. Because, according to their feedback, I was not enough technically. Hearing this feedback was really unreasonable. Because none of them had asked me any specific technical question during the interview. If I was asked any function or tool etc, of course I would explain what I know as I fulfil their requirements. Loosing the opportunity such this way was so tragic. I am really upset because I was cut out for the role, and I guess the interviewer was inexperienced and his missing guidance unfortunately caused me to lose the opportunity.

Interview Questions