Embassy Suites Front Desk Agent Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 31, 2017

2.5

21 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Embassy Suites (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied online, got a call for interview within 4 days, interviewed with 3 different managers within an hour. They took a couple of days to check references and later called me to offer the position.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Embassy Suites

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxnard, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Embassy Suites (Oxnard, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

I was e-mailed by HR. After agreeing to interview for the position, I received an e-mail that I was being "bumped" up a day. I was escorted to the closed restaurant where the HR person had a clipboard and asked me questions about availability and hit me with an hourly salary figure, asking me if I still was interested. I said yes and then I sat there and waited for the Front Desk Manager to meet with me. The interview was professional and relaxed but surprisingly went for over an hour. I was asked many questions from a clip board. I was succinct in my answers and the interview seemed to be going very well. Toward the end I was asked my soonest availability and I said in two days. Then the manager back-peddled and said he had to interview many people. I said I understood. I did not hear back for a week, then I received an e-mail stating that I was no longer being considered for the position.

Interview Questions

• What are your biggest strengths and weaknesses?   1 Answer

Front Desk Agent Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Embassy Suites in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online on indeed.com. I got called the very next day for a interview. I was applying for the overnight shift and overall the interview was simple and easy. I was asked to do a second interview right after I was done with the first but the supervisor was out to lunch so the general manager said they still had two more people to interview and to just expect a call within the middle of the following week. Still have not heard from anyone if the position was filled or to offer a second interview/job.

Interview Questions

• what are your strengths/ weaknesses?   Answer Question
    • tell me about a time you encountered a difficult situation with a customer?   Answer Question

Front Desk Agent Interview

Interview

Very easy. Responded back quickly and very pleasant. Process of filling out paperwork went fast. Start training quickly. Professional environment and friendly attitudes. Went over resume and asked questions about what makes you stand out to be apart of the team.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lombard, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Embassy Suites (Lombard, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

On Tuesday, in the last week of September, when I was still out of work, I walked into the Embassy Suites near my house as I thought I might like being a front desk agent at a fancy hotel like that. In the beginning, this entire process seemed extremely promising and all my stars seemed to be aligned. I asked if they were hiring and if I could have a job application. The front desk supervisor was really nice and really friendly, gave me an application, and said to let him know when I was finished. After I was finished I did just that, and he gave me an interview on the spot! It was really easy and freestyle. He mainly just asked me about my last couple jobs (What did I like about them? Why I left them?). As well as why I wanted to work there. Afterward, he asked for my drivers license, so he could do a background check and also said he was going to email me a questioner for me to complete. Later that night I did the questioner, it was basically a few more interview questions (pretty easy: What is your biggest strength? What is your biggest weakness?) After I sent that back, he responded saying that he loved how I got back to him with that so fast, and that he would be in touch when my background check came back. Two days later (Thursday) I got a call from the property HR lady, saying that she got my background check and since I already had my interview, if I could just drop by with a list of references and numbers to verify my previous jobs. So I went back there later that day, where I sat down with her, and she told me the salary, the benefits, the perks (the whole nine yards) and then she took out a form and asked me my shirt and pants size for my uniform. She then said that on Monday she was starting a couple of other new hires, and that she was going to try to get a hold of my references and stuff because she would like me to be part of that group. The next day (Friday) I emailed her at the end of the day asking if it was possible for me to do that, and she emailed me back saying "Yes, come in Monday at 10am to fill out new hire paperwork" I was so happy to have a job again!! Then on Sunday, I get another email from her saying that the front desk agent position has not yet been filled and they want to make sure they hire the best candidate and "sorry for the confusion" So I went down to the hotel hoping that the supervisor who interviewed me might be there to straighten things out for me. He was there, but this time he was distant, saying that everything was now in the HR lady's hands, and if I email her, she'll email me back. So I went home and emailed her saying how I didn't understand..... and she replied, saying "I'm really sorry for the confusion, but we are still in the recruiting process."
    Bottom Line: I just don't understand why in the world an employer would "Ghost Someone" with a job offer like that. (very sickening)

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave your last job?
      Why would you like to work here?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxnard, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Embassy Suites (Oxnard, CA).

Interview

I applied on the website and was able to get a phone interview about 2 weeks later. But since HR is very unorganized, they called me a day before my actual interview. A a couple weeks later I got called for a face to face interview. Once again HR made a mistake and an hour before my interview, she called and asked if I could reschedule. I waited all week and never got a call. About a month later I received a thanking me for my interest. The whole process was very unprofessional. Thankfully my experience and education landed me a different job as a supervisor.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Embassy Suites (Sacramento, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

It threw me off a little when I receive an email inviting me to do an interview through an app. I thought I completely tanked it but about 2 weeks later I received a phone call from HR inviting me to come in for a face to face interview. The night manager interviewed me. It went really well. He told me about the company, himself, and why he loved working there.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time in your day to day life where your routine was completely thrown off and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Embassy Suites (South Seattle, WA) in April 2015.

Interview

It was a very great process. They just sat down for a few minutes. Asked some very basic questions to get to know you better. Then they have you come back a 2nd time for a 2nd interview. They just wanted to know if you knew about the company. Asked why you want to be there. Asked about previous jobs.

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Embassy Suites (Buffalo, NY) in August 2014.

Interview

Submit the application online. Once recieved if they see something in your resume that makes you stand out they will call you for an interview. Come dressed to impress and be prompt. Your interview will be with the assistant or front desk manager. If you impress they will bring you back in for another interview which is where you´ll be drug tested and fill out new hire paper work. The company is very strict on there drug free policy. After you pass your drug test you will be given a start date for training.

Interview Questions

• Why do I want to work for this company?
      What kind of experience qualifies me for this particular position?
      What can I contribute to this company?
      What does my schedule look like?
      Are you willing to work holidays and weekends?   Answer Question

Front Desk Agent Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Embassy Suites in May 2014.

Interview

I applied at Hilton Hotel the same day I got an interview. It was about a 5 minute interview and I worked as a server for one day but wanted to be at the front desk. They gave me a seperate interview for the front desk. I came on a wednesday and waited about an hour for the interview. They changed the date for the interview which was a hassle for me at first. When I came for the interview it was about a 15 minute long interview with the basic questions centering around getting to know who I was and customer service.

Interview Questions

• What makes you result oriented   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiation