Embassy Suites Front Desk Agent Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Embassy Suites Front Desk Agent Interview Questions

Updated Mar 15, 2017

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxnard, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Embassy Suites (Oxnard, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

I was e-mailed by HR. After agreeing to interview for the position, I received an e-mail that I was being "bumped" up a day. I was escorted to the closed restaurant where the HR person had a clipboard and asked me questions about availability and hit me with an hourly salary figure, asking me if I still was interested. I said yes and then I sat there and waited for the Front Desk Manager to meet with me. The interview was professional and relaxed but surprisingly went for over an hour. I was asked many questions from a clip board. I was succinct in my answers and the interview seemed to be going very well. Toward the end I was asked my soonest availability and I said in two days. Then the manager back-peddled and said he had to interview many people. I said I understood. I did not hear back for a week, then I received an e-mail stating that I was no longer being considered for the position.

Interview Questions

• What are your biggest strengths and weaknesses?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Embassy Suites

Front Desk Agent Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Embassy Suites in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online on indeed.com. I got called the very next day for a interview. I was applying for the overnight shift and overall the interview was simple and easy. I was asked to do a second interview right after I was done with the first but the supervisor was out to lunch so the general manager said they still had two more people to interview and to just expect a call within the middle of the following week. Still have not heard from anyone if the position was filled or to offer a second interview/job.

Interview Questions

• what are your strengths/ weaknesses?   Answer Question
    • tell me about a time you encountered a difficult situation with a customer?   Answer Question

Front Desk Agent Interview

Interview

Very easy. Responded back quickly and very pleasant. Process of filling out paperwork went fast. Start training quickly. Professional environment and friendly attitudes. Went over resume and asked questions about what makes you stand out to be apart of the team.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxnard, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Embassy Suites (Oxnard, CA).

Interview

I applied on the website and was able to get a phone interview about 2 weeks later. But since HR is very unorganized, they called me a day before my actual interview. A a couple weeks later I got called for a face to face interview. Once again HR made a mistake and an hour before my interview, she called and asked if I could reschedule. I waited all week and never got a call. About a month later I received a thanking me for my interest. The whole process was very unprofessional. Thankfully my experience and education landed me a different job as a supervisor.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Embassy Suites (Sacramento, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

It threw me off a little when I receive an email inviting me to do an interview through an app. I thought I completely tanked it but about 2 weeks later I received a phone call from HR inviting me to come in for a face to face interview. The night manager interviewed me. It went really well. He told me about the company, himself, and why he loved working there.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time in your day to day life where your routine was completely thrown off and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Embassy Suites (South Seattle, WA) in April 2015.

Interview

It was a very great process. They just sat down for a few minutes. Asked some very basic questions to get to know you better. Then they have you come back a 2nd time for a 2nd interview. They just wanted to know if you knew about the company. Asked why you want to be there. Asked about previous jobs.

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Embassy Suites (Buffalo, NY) in August 2014.

Interview

Submit the application online. Once recieved if they see something in your resume that makes you stand out they will call you for an interview. Come dressed to impress and be prompt. Your interview will be with the assistant or front desk manager. If you impress they will bring you back in for another interview which is where you´ll be drug tested and fill out new hire paper work. The company is very strict on there drug free policy. After you pass your drug test you will be given a start date for training.

Interview Questions

• Why do I want to work for this company?
      What kind of experience qualifies me for this particular position?
      What can I contribute to this company?
      What does my schedule look like?
      Are you willing to work holidays and weekends?
      Answer Question

Front Desk Agent Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Embassy Suites in May 2014.

Interview

I applied at Hilton Hotel the same day I got an interview. It was about a 5 minute interview and I worked as a server for one day but wanted to be at the front desk. They gave me a seperate interview for the front desk. I came on a wednesday and waited about an hour for the interview. They changed the date for the interview which was a hassle for me at first. When I came for the interview it was about a 15 minute long interview with the basic questions centering around getting to know who I was and customer service.

Interview Questions

• What makes you result oriented   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Embassy Suites (Waltham, MA).

Interview

I applied the GSA online and got a call from the F/D manager few weeks later to set up an interview with her. I came to the hotel on time and waited for her like 15 minutes. We did around 30 minutes interview, which were most base questions. After the interview, she said she would let me see the HR. However, I waited another 15 minutes and she came to me said the HR was on a meeting. She would forwarded my information to the HR and she would contact me. I went home and waited few days get an email from the HR to set up another interview with her. She asked again the same questions as the FOM did. And she sent me to meet the GM. The GM was nice and he asked me some questions were not career related, like what my favorite food is. I asked him how did he think about me in the end of the interview. His answer made me feel like I did well. However, I went home and waited like 2 weeks. No one contacted me to tell me if I got hired or I failed.

Anonymous Employee in Kissimmee, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Embassy Suites (Kissimmee, FL) in November 2013.

Interview

Multiple interviews and a drug test. Most interview questions were situation based and "tell me about a time when". There was one interview with the Front Desk Manager, one interview with Human Resources, and one interview with the Assistant GM with a walk through.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you dealt with a difficult customer and how did you overcome it?   1 Answer