Embassy Suites Front Desk Agent Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Embassy Suites Front Desk Agent Interview Questions

Updated Apr 15, 2017

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxnard, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Embassy Suites (Oxnard, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

I was e-mailed by HR. After agreeing to interview for the position, I received an e-mail that I was being "bumped" up a day. I was escorted to the closed restaurant where the HR person had a clipboard and asked me questions about availability and hit me with an hourly salary figure, asking me if I still was interested. I said yes and then I sat there and waited for the Front Desk Manager to meet with me. The interview was professional and relaxed but surprisingly went for over an hour. I was asked many questions from a clip board. I was succinct in my answers and the interview seemed to be going very well. Toward the end I was asked my soonest availability and I said in two days. Then the manager back-peddled and said he had to interview many people. I said I understood. I did not hear back for a week, then I received an e-mail stating that I was no longer being considered for the position.

Interview Questions

• What are your biggest strengths and weaknesses?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Embassy Suites (Fort Worth, TX) in March 2009.

Interview

Phase 1: Phone interview with scenario questions.....what would you do if you had a long line in the lobby and etc.
    Phase 2: Interview between you and 3 managers. Questions shot at you left and right. some of them relevant some of them really irrelevant
    Interview was rather difficult for it being a hotel job
    Be prepared for a strange interview

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation salary that was offered was really good for it being a hotel

Night Auditor/Front Desk Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Embassy Suites (Troy, MI) in January 2016.

Interview

I was originally interviewed by my manager who was amazing but had left about 6 months into my year of being there. Both managers that interviewed me were awesome and eager to hire somebody new because they were in need of a good, dependable employee and were also very eager to get me started as soon as possible and I did.

Front Desk Agent Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Embassy Suites in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online on indeed.com. I got called the very next day for a interview. I was applying for the overnight shift and overall the interview was simple and easy. I was asked to do a second interview right after I was done with the first but the supervisor was out to lunch so the general manager said they still had two more people to interview and to just expect a call within the middle of the following week. Still have not heard from anyone if the position was filled or to offer a second interview/job.

Interview Questions

• what are your strengths/ weaknesses?   Answer Question
    • tell me about a time you encountered a difficult situation with a customer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Embassy Suites (San Diego, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

Breif phone screening, then in person interviewer. In person interview was one on one. The interviewer was kind and friendly. They were helpful to me and didn't get frustrated if i took my time answering a question. We got along well and it was not as nerve racking as other interviews. After this i had to interview with the General Manager. They ultimately offered me the job in the second interview.

Interview Questions

• Whats the first that comes to mind when i enter a hotel.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxnard, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Embassy Suites (Oxnard, CA).

Interview

I applied on the website and was able to get a phone interview about 2 weeks later. But since HR is very unorganized, they called me a day before my actual interview. A a couple weeks later I got called for a face to face interview. Once again HR made a mistake and an hour before my interview, she called and asked if I could reschedule. I waited all week and never got a call. About a month later I received a thanking me for my interest. The whole process was very unprofessional. Thankfully my experience and education landed me a different job as a supervisor.

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Embassy Suites (Buffalo, NY) in August 2014.

Interview

Submit the application online. Once recieved if they see something in your resume that makes you stand out they will call you for an interview. Come dressed to impress and be prompt. Your interview will be with the assistant or front desk manager. If you impress they will bring you back in for another interview which is where you´ll be drug tested and fill out new hire paper work. The company is very strict on there drug free policy. After you pass your drug test you will be given a start date for training.

Interview Questions

• Why do I want to work for this company?
      What kind of experience qualifies me for this particular position?
      What can I contribute to this company?
      What does my schedule look like?
      Are you willing to work holidays and weekends?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Embassy Suites (Chicago, IL) in June 2011.

Interview

Interviewing with Embassy Suites Lakefront- Hilton was a typical interview.- Met with HR director for 1st interview and then met with my supervisor. Once I made it through the first round, I was asked to take a drug test and background testing. Once I passed, I was asked to come in for 2nd interview in which they offered me the position.

Interview Questions

• Asked an example of a tough customer service issue and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Embassy Suites (Sacramento, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

It threw me off a little when I receive an email inviting me to do an interview through an app. I thought I completely tanked it but about 2 weeks later I received a phone call from HR inviting me to come in for a face to face interview. The night manager interviewed me. It went really well. He told me about the company, himself, and why he loved working there.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time in your day to day life where your routine was completely thrown off and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Front Desk Agent Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Embassy Suites in May 2014.

Interview

I applied at Hilton Hotel the same day I got an interview. It was about a 5 minute interview and I worked as a server for one day but wanted to be at the front desk. They gave me a seperate interview for the front desk. I came on a wednesday and waited about an hour for the interview. They changed the date for the interview which was a hassle for me at first. When I came for the interview it was about a 15 minute long interview with the basic questions centering around getting to know who I was and customer service.

Interview Questions

• What makes you result oriented   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiation