Embassy Suites Front Desk Agent Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 15, 2017

2.7

19 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Southfield, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Embassy Suites (Southfield, MI) in March 2014.

Interview

Very simple process. Meet with HR manager and had a simple 1:1 interview with general interview questions. Then met the front desk manager who talked about job responsibilities and what would be expected. This was followed by a short meeting with the General Manager who asked questions about me to see if i was a right fit for the culture.

Night Auditor/Front Desk Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Embassy Suites (Troy, MI) in January 2016.

Interview

I was originally interviewed by my manager who was amazing but had left about 6 months into my year of being there. Both managers that interviewed me were awesome and eager to hire somebody new because they were in need of a good, dependable employee and were also very eager to get me started as soon as possible and I did.

Anonymous Employee in Kissimmee, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Embassy Suites (Kissimmee, FL) in November 2013.

Interview

Multiple interviews and a drug test. Most interview questions were situation based and "tell me about a time when". There was one interview with the Front Desk Manager, one interview with Human Resources, and one interview with the Assistant GM with a walk through.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you dealt with a difficult customer and how did you overcome it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxnard, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Embassy Suites (Oxnard, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

I was e-mailed by HR. After agreeing to interview for the position, I received an e-mail that I was being "bumped" up a day. I was escorted to the closed restaurant where the HR person had a clipboard and asked me questions about availability and hit me with an hourly salary figure, asking me if I still was interested. I said yes and then I sat there and waited for the Front Desk Manager to meet with me. The interview was professional and relaxed but surprisingly went for over an hour. I was asked many questions from a clip board. I was succinct in my answers and the interview seemed to be going very well. Toward the end I was asked my soonest availability and I said in two days. Then the manager back-peddled and said he had to interview many people. I said I understood. I did not hear back for a week, then I received an e-mail stating that I was no longer being considered for the position.

Interview Questions

• What are your biggest strengths and weaknesses?   1 Answer

Front Desk Agent Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Embassy Suites in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online on indeed.com. I got called the very next day for a interview. I was applying for the overnight shift and overall the interview was simple and easy. I was asked to do a second interview right after I was done with the first but the supervisor was out to lunch so the general manager said they still had two more people to interview and to just expect a call within the middle of the following week. Still have not heard from anyone if the position was filled or to offer a second interview/job.

Interview Questions

• what are your strengths/ weaknesses?   Answer Question
    • tell me about a time you encountered a difficult situation with a customer?   Answer Question

Front Desk Agent Interview

Interview

Very easy. Responded back quickly and very pleasant. Process of filling out paperwork went fast. Start training quickly. Professional environment and friendly attitudes. Went over resume and asked questions about what makes you stand out to be apart of the team.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Embassy Suites (San Diego, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

Breif phone screening, then in person interviewer. In person interview was one on one. The interviewer was kind and friendly. They were helpful to me and didn't get frustrated if i took my time answering a question. We got along well and it was not as nerve racking as other interviews. After this i had to interview with the General Manager. They ultimately offered me the job in the second interview.

Interview Questions

• Whats the first that comes to mind when i enter a hotel.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxnard, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Embassy Suites (Oxnard, CA).

Interview

I applied on the website and was able to get a phone interview about 2 weeks later. But since HR is very unorganized, they called me a day before my actual interview. A a couple weeks later I got called for a face to face interview. Once again HR made a mistake and an hour before my interview, she called and asked if I could reschedule. I waited all week and never got a call. About a month later I received a thanking me for my interest. The whole process was very unprofessional. Thankfully my experience and education landed me a different job as a supervisor.

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Embassy Suites (Buffalo, NY) in August 2014.

Interview

Submit the application online. Once recieved if they see something in your resume that makes you stand out they will call you for an interview. Come dressed to impress and be prompt. Your interview will be with the assistant or front desk manager. If you impress they will bring you back in for another interview which is where you´ll be drug tested and fill out new hire paper work. The company is very strict on there drug free policy. After you pass your drug test you will be given a start date for training.

Interview Questions

• Why do I want to work for this company?
      What kind of experience qualifies me for this particular position?
      What can I contribute to this company?
      What does my schedule look like?
      Are you willing to work holidays and weekends?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Embassy Suites (Chicago, IL) in June 2011.

Interview

Interviewing with Embassy Suites Lakefront- Hilton was a typical interview.- Met with HR director for 1st interview and then met with my supervisor. Once I made it through the first round, I was asked to take a drug test and background testing. Once I passed, I was asked to come in for 2nd interview in which they offered me the position.

Interview Questions

• Asked an example of a tough customer service issue and how you handled it.   Answer Question