Emerald Expositions Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Emerald Expositions Interview Questions

Interviews at Emerald Expositions

New Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Emerald Expositions (Chicago, IL) in August 2018.

Interview

The interview process with Emerald was very smooth and transparent. As I was interviewing for a job with the company that was out of state, I had numerous phone and skype interviews - as well as an in-person interview with the local HR team. I felt like the company was being very realistic in their needs and everyone took their time to ask questions that not just evaluated me as a candidate, but also whether or not I would be happy in the position I was interviewing for. I was impressed with how open and honest the entire staff was and feel like I was able to get a good grasp for what the company is all about.

Interview Questions

• What was the biggest sacrifice you made for your career.   1 Answer

Oct 22, 2018 – Emerald Expositions

We appreciate your feedback on a non-traditional interview setup, and are glad to hear it went smoothly for you. We will definitely take your experience as a best practice for moving forward in... More

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Emerald Expositions (Atlanta, GA) in April 2017.

Interview

Recruiter reached out via email and after a 30min. screening, I had an in-person interview. The in person interview lasted over 2 hours with no apparent hiccups. From what the hiring manager communicated, it came off as though turnover was quite high at the organization and structure seems a bit aloof.

Possibly a great organization for someone looking to gain experience, but for a seasoned professional this does not seem like the best environment to grow in. Everyone was extremely nice and accommodating.

Interview Questions

Emerald Expositions Response

Jun 8, 2017 – Emerald Expositions

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your interview experience. It’s good to hear that your experience was pleasant, and that the employees you encountered were friendly and... More

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Emerald Expositions (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied online but heard nothing. Turns out my father has known the VP for years having exhibited w/ the company before (nepotism at its best!) so HR reached out to me for an interview. Brief phone interview then invited for an in-person. I was more than qualified for the position given that I marketed trade shows before and previously worked for one of their industry competitors so I already knew the the audience. The hiring mgr wanted me to come back in to interview w/ her mgr but needed to coordinate schedules. Heard nothing so I emailed her but she never responded, not even w/ a generic "we've gone in a different direction" email. Blessing in disguise as the salary range for the position was $55-$63K (I made that years ago working at a nonprofit with only $2 million in revenue!) and I took a job with a base salary $30K higher. On a personal note, my father passed recently and the VP didn't reach out even though he has my contact info.

Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Emerald Expositions (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

I was recruited directly from their HR department.

After the hiring manager was a half hour late (while I paid for NYC parking), the interview with her was tepid at best. She was totally distracted and disinterested. She forgot to bring some of the papework, which she send she'd send later (and never did).

Afterweard, she did not respond to emails or phone calls, except to send me last year's strategic plan and instructions to have me comment on that in detail, and then come up with a year's calendar of detailed recommendations for a specific strategy.

I hope I am never so desperate (supporting a family has its downside) so as to comply with such an obviously underhanded request. I sent everything--two days of work--and never heard back, except from an apologetic HR person weeks and weeks later, to tell me that hired someone else.

This company (or at least some of its managers) appears to be one of those companies who solicits best practices for free and then disrespectfully either uses or tosses them--with no acknowledgement of the person who put in the work.

Message: there is a divide between those who have jobs and those who do not. Emerald has built its wall and it's very high and wide. This was despicable; my only goal is to get a job with one of their biggest clients.

Interview Questions

• These were textbook type questions; nothing special at all.   Answer Question

Aug 19, 2016 – Emerald Expositions

We appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback on your interview. While we are disappointed to hear about your negative experience, we absolutely will take this opportunity to review your... More

Digital Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Emerald Expositions (Alpharetta, GA) in October 2013.

Interview

Interview was casual, very personable and more focused on who I was as a person than the strict, usual "tell me more about your experience".

Interview Questions

• "What is your number one goal when coming aboard a team, organization, and/or company?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

Brief, very flexible, and most importantly fast. Negotiations ended up better than I expected or asked for.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in White Plains, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Emerald Expositions (White Plains, NY).

Interview

I was referred for the position by a current employee and was instructed to send my resume and cover letter to the director. HR then reached out and set up a phone interview with me and the woman who held that was absolutely wonderful! I then had two in person interviews with the VP, Director and Manager of my division.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest weakness?   1 Answer

Jan 31, 2018 – Emerald Expositions

We are pleased to read your interview experience was a positive one. Employee referrals are our best source of hires, and we're grateful you were recommended to Emerald!

Tradeshow Operations Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Emerald Expositions.

Interview

I applied online and received an email to do a phone screening about 3 days later. The phone screening went well and I was told that my information would be sent along to the hiring manager in the office to schedule an in-person interview the following week. I never heard from anybody. I followed up via email to the lady that did my phone screening and never got a response. Very unprofessional, in my opinion. Nothing is more frustrating than this type of situation when you’re looking for a new job/opportunity. A simple ‘we have decided to move forward with other candidates at this time. Thanks for your application’ would have sufficed.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience? Basically walk them through your resume.   Answer Question
    • Rate your skill level with Word and Excel.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a tough situation and how you resolved it at work?   Answer Question

Oct 22, 2018 – Emerald Expositions

Thank you for taking a moment to provide your feedback. Our recruiting team is lean, and we do our best to respond to all candidates regardless of status. Obviously, a mistake was made, and we... More