Emergency Medical Associates Interview Questions in Parsippany, NJ | Glassdoor

Emergency Medical Associates Interview Questions in Parsippany, NJ

Interviews at Emergency Medical Associates

2.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Emergency Medical Associates (Parsippany, NJ) in May 2015.

Interview

Four step process:
    1. Phone interview
    2. In-person interview with typing test, transcription test, and medical terminology test
    3. 2nd In-person interview with management
    4. On-site interview

Interviewers were all very warm and welcoming. They were all fairly painless. I'd say the hardest part was the medical terminology test. I'd brush up on terms before the interview.

Interview Questions

• What does a CIM do? Why should we hire you instead of anyone else?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Emergency Medical Associates (Parsippany, NJ) in December 2014.

Interview

First met with the hiring manager who was really nice. Asked the generic interview questions such as availability, strengths, what experience you want to gain from the company, etc. Then you take a medical terminology quiz, two scribing tests, and a typing test. The interview was fairly normal, nothing you wouldn't expect.

Interview Questions

• What was a time you were faced with a problem at a job and how did you solve it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Emergency Medical Associates (Parsippany, NJ) in August 2018.

Interview

So far I have received a brief phone interview where she just basically asked what I thought a scribe did and if I had 100 hrs of experience. I then did "the first official round" of interviews where she asked me some situation questions, asked what my weakness was, and my plans for the future. I then did the three tests (medical terminology test, typing test, and transcription test). I studied for the medical terminology test through quizlet, which I thought was sufficient. The typing test was directly from typingtest.com and the transcription test for me was to listen to an audio clip while I took notes, and then I had to answer questions regarding the audio I just heard. I heard back about this interview maybe a week later notifying that I made it to the next round. I have not had it yet, but I do know that it is with the Regional Manager.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a situation where you didnt agree/get along with a colleague.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ

Application

The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Emergency Medical Associates (Parsippany, NJ).

Interview

Initially submitted my application including cover letter and resume through their website. Received a phone call within a week from a recruiter to further discuss the position and my qualifications. Within the next week received a phone call inviting me for an interview, which was held 2 days later. Had my first interview with a different recruiter than the one who first called me. The interview lasted about an hour, of which the majority consisted of questions about my perception of the job and its responsibilities, my qualifications for the position, etc. I was asked to rate my interest in the position on a scale of 1-10, which took me by surprise. After the questions I took 2 dictations tests, a typing test (both on the computer), and a medical terminology test. I believe I did well on all of them. I was told that there were three rounds of interviews, the first one I was having with the recruiter, the second one with the Regional Manager, and the third one with the hospital I would potentially be working at. I then received a phone call within the week inviting me for the second interview with the Regional Manager, which was to take place two days later at a Starbucks. However, the next day I received a call back saying that the interviewer got sick and the interview was postponed a week. I had the second interview on the rescheduled day at the Starbucks. I'm not sure how it went, it was awkward interviewing in a Starbucks. Two weeks later I received a call from the first person I interviewed with who told me that the positions at the hospitals I was being considered for have filled, and that I wouldn't have been able to commit the one year minimum that they require (since I would potentially be attending grad school next year). However, he assured me that I was a good candidate for the position and they would have liked to have me.

Interview Questions

• On a scale of 1-10 how interested are you in this position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Parsippany, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Emergency Medical Associates (Parsippany, NJ) in July 2014.

Interview

Initial phone screen, followed by an on site interview with human resources where a typing test, and medical terminology test is administered. If you pass these, you get another interview with one of the regional managers, depending on the site for which you applied for. After this stage, a job offer is typically applied and a 2 week training begins in the Parsippany Office.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Emergency Medical Associates (Parsippany, NJ) in September 2015.

Interview

Interview consisted of multiple rounds. One phone interview (initial contact), one in person and another online. The first in-person interview was the longest at about an hour and consisted of pretty general questions--go into it knowing why you want to do it. That interview also included a 10 question medical terminology test, a dictation test and a typing speed test. The typing test is pulled directly from typingtest.com so practice there if you aren't the fastest typist. Other than that, they appreciate it if you are personable, have an understanding/passion for medicine, and, as always, dress to impress.

Interview Questions

• What responsibilities do you think a CIM is responsible for?   Answer Question
    • What are your plans and why do you want to go into the medical field/emergency medicine?   Answer Question
    • Would you have any times (evening hours) or dates that you would not be able to work?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Emergency Medical Associates (Parsippany, NJ) in July 2015.

Interview

The interview consisted of the interviewer asking me at the very beginning what I knew about the position, then proceeding to tell me exactly what the position entails. The interviewer than asked me a number of typical interview questions (background, interest in the position, etc.). This was followed by a basic medical terminology test ( abbreviations and term definitions), a transcription test (you get to a practice first), and a typing test. The whole process took about an hour.

Interview Questions

• Q: What past experience do you believe will be most useful to you as a clinical information manager?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Parsippany, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Emergency Medical Associates (Parsippany, NJ).

Interview

Multiple interviews:
    1. phone interview
    2. in person or GoTo interview for medical terminology/dictation test/typing test
    3. in person interview with management

It is a long process with usually a few weeks between interviews.

Interview Questions

• Q: What does a CIM do?
      Q: typical questions, such as strengths, weaknesses, etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Parsippany, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Emergency Medical Associates (Parsippany, NJ) in January 2016.

Interview

There are 3 rounds of interview along with the initial phone interview. Its a pretty simple process but takes time. The phone and first round of interview is just an HR person reading a script and asking questions. while the 3rd interview seemed more formal and as if the interview may actually be judging your potency. The first interview has 3 tests which you must pass to move forward, a medical terminology test, typing test and transcription test.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Emergency Medical Associates (Parsippany, NJ) in April 2016.

Interview

I was contacted for an interview via email after applying through indeed.com. The recruiter was nice and we set up an interview at ease. I was interviewed at their headquarters by another person. The interview consisted of multiple prepared questions, a typing quiz (need to score >60 wpm), transcription quiz from an audio file scored based on accuracy, and medical terminology and abbreviation test of about 10-20 questions (written). There was no indication of which medical terms would be on the examination in the email but they were all fairly basic... (COPD, PCP, myocardial infarction, etc.) I was contacted shortly after the interview and told I did not receive the position. No specifics were given as to why I did not receive an offer, they just mentioned they went with someone who was "more qualified".