Emergency Medicine Associates Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1.9

Sort:

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Germantown, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Emergency Medicine Associates (Germantown, MD) in May 2016.

Interview

I was referred to EMA by a current employee (one of my friends) and my interview consisted of a 15-minute phone call. Rather than standard interview questions, we discussed my availability and wages.

Interview Questions

Emergency Medicine Associates Response

Aug 26, 2016 – Director of Human Resources

Thanks for your feedback. We try not to make intern interviews too hard. We are here to help you learn.

Attending Physician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Germantown, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Emergency Medicine Associates (Germantown, MD).

Interview

Low stress. Everyone was kind. Got a tour of the entire emergency department and hospital. Met with the director and other employees. Everyone was welcoming. Got a sense that the nursing staff and providers got along well.

Interview Questions

• Asked about patient satisfaction. This is extremely important to the company.   Answer Question

Staff Member Interview

Interview

Very smooth process. I applied, was contacted, scheduled an interview and offered the position very quickly. Nothing that really stood out with the process. It seemed like everyone involved was very happy to work here, and very helpful with any questions I had.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my previous work experience and how I can use that to contribute to this position   Answer Question

Dec 29, 2014 – Director of Human Resources

I'm glad you had a positive experience! Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help you throughout the course of your employment.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Germantown, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Emergency Medicine Associates (Germantown, MD) in October 2017.

Interview

Phone screen involved answering multiple questions on HR processes. Met the Director of Human Resources one on one for in -person interview. She asked very detailed HR questions regarding my experiences and how I could contribute to the current merger and acquisition of multiple locations and all anticipated HR changes. Overall interview was approximately one hour and fifteen minutes. Found out I got the job a week later.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience in business transformation? Tell me a time when you resolved a complex business problem. What was it and what steps did you take to change the work process?   Answer Question

Physician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manassas, VA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Emergency Medicine Associates (Manassas, VA) in June 2017.

Interview

The actual interview was very laid back. Discussed the department and support systems. The interviewing physicians and EMA staff were very nice. Nurses seemed engaged with the physicians. Overall great experience.

Interview Questions

Emergency Medicine Associates Response

Jun 12, 2017 – Director of Human Resources

I'm so glad you had a good experience during your interview at Novant Prince William Medical Center. Please let me know if I can be of any assistance during your process.

Physician Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Emergency Medicine Associates (Arlington, VA) in April 2015.

Interview

Contacted by recruiter for short conversation regarding the details of the position. She first asked questions about my experience and what I am looking for in a position. We discussed location, training, and salary. The recruiter said she forwarded my CV to the Medical Director. I am now awaiting contact from the Medical Director regarding an interview.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Emergency Medicine Associates in July 2014.

Interview

Received an email from linked in recruiter then agreed to phone interview with EMA recruiter. A formal interview was set up a few days later at 2 different hospitals (interviewing for 2 possible positions). Two days after interview I received an official offer.

Interview Questions

• Overall interview was very relaxed, nothing overly challenging or confusing.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Able to negotiate hours, salary, work location

Dec 9, 2014 – Director of Human Resources

Thanks for your feedback! We hope you enjoy your employment experience and recommend us to your colleagues. Please reach out to me directly if I can assist during your onboarding process.

Wendy... More

Emergency Medicine Physician Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Emergency Medicine Associates (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

Recruiter cold called me to inquire if I might be interested in a position with them. Spent a lot of time on the phone with to recruiter reviewing multiple locations that I might be interested in. He then emailed me even more information. I followed up and let him know where I'd like to interview and he coordinated 4 on-site interviews. I met with the directors at each site and was provided all of that current attendings' contact information and schedules. Afterwards they offered a position at where I am now.

Interview Questions

• What professional interests do you have that you'd like to get involved in?   Answer Question

Negotiation

They sent me a contract, which I reviewed and then asked for some minor changes. Reviewed these wth the recruiter who was able to make some changes.

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Emergency Medicine Associates.

Interview

I contacted the EMA recruiter when I decided to move to the greater Washington DC area. I then met with him and the director over dinner. We had a normal conversation over dinner. That was the interview. There were no curveballs.

Interview Questions

• We discussed experience, training, career goals, family needs, and other typical things over dinner.   Answer Question

Aug 22, 2016 – Director of Human Resources

I'm glad you had a smooth interview experience. We hope to see you soon in an Orientation!

Md Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Emergency Medicine Associates in October 2014.

Interview

Everyone at EMA was truly accommodating during my interview process, from arranging interview dates and travel, to scheduling in-person interviews, shadowing, and post-interview follow-up. Everyone was professional, friendly, and welcoming on my interview day. I really appreciated how I was able to speak with multiple physicians within the group after my interview to learn more about the hospital and practice, and to find out if EMA was a good fit for me.

Interview Questions

• The majority of my interview focused on questions getting to know me as a person, as well my personal and professional goals within my specialty. No truly unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Dec 23, 2014 – Director of Human Resources

Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help you through the on-boarding process!