Emerson Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 9, 2017

2.6

21 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Emerson in June 2017.

Interview

Phone interview followed by an on site interview with the engineering manager and a second interview a week later with the VP of engineering and 3 engineers.
Overall the process is straightforward, easy people to talk to , seems like a good company

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Emerson

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Emerson (Saint Louis, MO) in January 2017.

Interview

Almost horrific....the sly HR person asked "We have a great relocation package, we pay for a house hunting trip, how many will be coming?" within 10 minutes of the interview. I suspect, but do not know, that they using this information to assess my marital status....I can't possibly think of the necessity of acquiring this information within 10-15 minutes. I suspect that this information is valuable because the job requires alot of travel.

Interview Questions

• We offer a great relocation package, and we pay for a house hunting trip, how many of you will be coming on that trip?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Emerson (Austin, TX).

Interview

It was a very easy process with interviews with multiple engineers. Answered questions, talked with them about applicable experience. There were no technical questions. Mostly all were behavioral or questions about resume experience

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Emerson (Austin, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

I had a phone interview, followed by an on site interview with various people the following week. They were very conversational and low pressure environments during each one on one interview.

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Emerson in April 2015.

Interview

I was first contacted by the HR department. We scheduled a phone interview. The phone interview was with 3 managers from different departments. They asked simple questions, mostly behavioral, some technical questions. Nothing too difficult or out of the ordinary.

Engineer Interview

Interview

Be prepared to answer "Tell me about a time you....." questions.
    Have examples ready, cause effect examples help. The problem was X and I did this and that to get to outcome of Y.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a disagreement with a co-worker and how did you handle the situation.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate. Looking back I should have. Average raise, even for great employees is 3%......keep this in mind.

Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Emerson (Boulder, CO) in April 2012.

Interview

Started with a phone interview discussing experience and how it fits position. In person interview came about a week later. It consisted of four one-on-one interviews. Each of those had a few "think of a time when (blank) happened..." along with questions about resume.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Emerson (Minneapolis, MN) in February 2012.

Interview

the job is entry, I am female experienced engineer in China, after immigrated into U.S. and few years gap of no job for taking care of child. recently graduated with master degree in engineering. I guess that they are looking for new grads with on experience, that is the reason for not get future interview...

Interview Questions

• what is your most successful project or work you have done before.   1 Answer
    • what is your weakness?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Emerson (Saint Louis, MO) in December 2011.

Interview

organized, met with a panel of potential staff members and managers

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work here and where do you see yourself in 5 yrs.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Emerson.

Interview

get the new grads.. interviewed once.. take an exam.. then got a job offer.. after there was a medical exam and an iq test.. pretty much standard for a new grad