Emerson Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Emerson Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Feb 18, 2017

2.6

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Emerson (Austin, TX).

Interview

It was a very easy process with interviews with multiple engineers. Answered questions, talked with them about applicable experience. There were no technical questions. Mostly all were behavioral or questions about resume experience

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Emerson

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Emerson (Austin, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

I had a phone interview, followed by an on site interview with various people the following week. They were very conversational and low pressure environments during each one on one interview.

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Emerson in April 2015.

Interview

I was first contacted by the HR department. We scheduled a phone interview. The phone interview was with 3 managers from different departments. They asked simple questions, mostly behavioral, some technical questions. Nothing too difficult or out of the ordinary.

Engineer Interview

Interview

Be prepared to answer "Tell me about a time you....." questions.
    Have examples ready, cause effect examples help. The problem was X and I did this and that to get to outcome of Y.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a disagreement with a co-worker and how did you handle the situation.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate. Looking back I should have. Average raise, even for great employees is 3%......keep this in mind.

Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Emerson (Boulder, CO) in April 2012.

Interview

Started with a phone interview discussing experience and how it fits position. In person interview came about a week later. It consisted of four one-on-one interviews. Each of those had a few "think of a time when (blank) happened..." along with questions about resume.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Emerson (Minneapolis, MN) in February 2012.

Interview

the job is entry, I am female experienced engineer in China, after immigrated into U.S. and few years gap of no job for taking care of child. recently graduated with master degree in engineering. I guess that they are looking for new grads with on experience, that is the reason for not get future interview...

Interview Questions

• what is your most successful project or work you have done before.   1 Answer
    • what is your weakness?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Emerson (Saint Louis, MO) in December 2011.

Interview

organized, met with a panel of potential staff members and managers

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work here and where do you see yourself in 5 yrs.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Emerson.

Interview

get the new grads.. interviewed once.. take an exam.. then got a job offer.. after there was a medical exam and an iq test.. pretty much standard for a new grad

Engineer Interview

Interview

Tough but fair interview. Telephone interview followed a few days later by face to face interview. Two interviewers present. It lasted for about an hour and a half. There were some tough questions that really put me on the spot but it was never too uncomfortable.

Interview Questions

• Technical questions on intended role scenario   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Emerson (Pune (India)).

Interview

Interview process is of very bad level. Interviewers are not oriented towards quality people. Takes interview for fun to insult interview. Irrelevant questions are asked. Not in mood of taking interview. DONT GO FOR INTERVIEW