Emerson Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

158 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Emerson (Austin, TX).

Interview

1. Online application and resume submittal. 2. Phone interview with hiring manager (went well.) 3. Onsite interviews with 4 people over 4 hours (VP, HR, Hiring Mgr, Peer Dir, lunch with potential direct reports, VP) 4. Detailed application and background check 5. Phone interview with VP

Business Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodbury, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Emerson (Woodbury, MN) in August 2017.

Interview

I applied online and received an email to do a phone interview. Phone interview resulted in an in person interview one week later. I interviewed with multiple people over a span of four hours. I cannot say enough good things about this process or the people I met. Sure it was lengthy but this company is wants to be sure they have the right people in the right roles. This is A brilliant approach! My interview included mock calls, an inbox exercise where I had to prioritize work based on the information I was given. Every employee I talked to loved the company and had been there >10 years. I was so impressed when I left! I don't know if I will receive an offer but I had to submit this review!

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time you took a big risk and what you learned from the outcome.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Emerson in June 2017.

Interview

Phone interview followed by an on site interview with the engineering manager and a second interview a week later with the VP of engineering and 3 engineers.
    Overall the process is straightforward, easy people to talk to , seems like a good company

Innovation Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Emerson (Dayton, OH).

Interview

Started out with a series of phone interviews and then went to an onsite series of interviews. On the second set of onsite interviews they sent me an itinerary five days before, but did not set up an travel. Someone totally dropped the ball on the logistics piece. Also found it odd that they were not very well organized, made me feel like an outsider the whole time.

Interview Questions

• Typical behavioral type questions about experiences.   1 Answer

Embedded Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sidney, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Emerson (Sidney, OH) in April 2017.

Interview

I was flown out to their Sidney, Ohio plant and given a day long interview. I met with members of the team as well as HR and other direct manufacturing teams.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Emerson, and older company, verses somewhere such as Google?   Answer Question

Entry Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Emerson.

Interview

Very friendly environment, interview was more casual and conversation-like. They focused on being able to answer your questions as well as asking technical and situational questions to understand your though processes.

Interview Questions

• Situational, based on items on your resume to prove you posses the skills you stated.   Answer Question

Mechanical Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shakopee, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Emerson (Shakopee, MN) in March 2017.

Interview

Did an interview on campus after a university career fair. Heard back form an HR rep and set up an interview at their Rosemount facility. Since I was out of town they got a hotel room about a mile from the facility. Came in the next morning and did 3-1 hour panel interviews. No tour or anything, just in and out. Overall interviewers were nice and asked basic questions. Have never returned a call or responded to an email since.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Emerson (Denver, CO) in March 2017.

Interview

Phone interview with manager and human resources. what more do you want me say about an interview I didn't get the job. This is very annoying and not helpful in any way that benefits me.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Emerson.

Interview

phone interview with 5 people at the other end. they asked a lot questions on my resume. It last for about an hour. I asked some questions about what type of reject they are doing and what I gonna do for this position. right now I still waiting to see the result of this phone screening.

Interview Questions

• they asked me to describe basically every project I listed on resume
      c++ abstract class VS. java interface   Answer Question

Marketing Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Emerson.

Interview

1st round interview- Managers were nice and inviting. They were excited about their jobs and the company. They seemed sincerely interested about what I had to say. (smiling and saying tell me more about xyz) They made the environment comfortable and relaxed.