Emerson Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

479 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Emerson (Austin, TX).

Interview

1. Online application and resume submittal. 2. Phone interview with hiring manager (went well.) 3. Onsite interviews with 4 people over 4 hours (VP, HR, Hiring Mgr, Peer Dir, lunch with potential direct reports, VP) 4. Detailed application and background check 5. Phone interview with VP

Business Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodbury, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Emerson (Woodbury, MN) in August 2017.

Interview

I applied online and received an email to do a phone interview. Phone interview resulted in an in person interview one week later. I interviewed with multiple people over a span of four hours. I cannot say enough good things about this process or the people I met. Sure it was lengthy but this company is wants to be sure they have the right people in the right roles. This is A brilliant approach! My interview included mock calls, an inbox exercise where I had to prioritize work based on the information I was given. Every employee I talked to loved the company and had been there >10 years. I was so impressed when I left! I don't know if I will receive an offer but I had to submit this review!

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time you took a big risk and what you learned from the outcome.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Emerson.

Interview

Applied online. Had an interview with the manager. Asked about previous work experience and whether I had experience in soldering, bread boards and reading schematic. Received an offer three day later.

Interview Questions

• What kind of experiences do you have with soldering and lab equipments?   Answer Question

IT Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sidney, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Emerson (Sidney, OH) in July 2017.

Interview

I interviewed with three people each asked different question ranging from basic knowledge to personal back ground. Felt more like a conversation than an interview AT the end I was able to ask any questions I had and they were quickly answered

Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lake Charles, LA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Emerson (Lake Charles, LA) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied online a month before getting a follow up survey by email. Day after I replied to the email I got a call from HR setting up an interview. It was really relaxed, more conversational. Great interviewers!

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Emerson in June 2017.

Interview

Phone interview followed by an on site interview with the engineering manager and a second interview a week later with the VP of engineering and 3 engineers.
    Overall the process is straightforward, easy people to talk to , seems like a good company

Innovation Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Emerson (Dayton, OH).

Interview

Started out with a series of phone interviews and then went to an onsite series of interviews. On the second set of onsite interviews they sent me an itinerary five days before, but did not set up an travel. Someone totally dropped the ball on the logistics piece. Also found it odd that they were not very well organized, made me feel like an outsider the whole time.

Interview Questions

• Typical behavioral type questions about experiences.   1 Answer

Embedded Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sidney, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Emerson (Sidney, OH) in April 2017.

Interview

I was flown out to their Sidney, Ohio plant and given a day long interview. I met with members of the team as well as HR and other direct manufacturing teams.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Emerson, and older company, verses somewhere such as Google?   Answer Question

Entry Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Emerson.

Interview

Very friendly environment, interview was more casual and conversation-like. They focused on being able to answer your questions as well as asking technical and situational questions to understand your though processes.

Interview Questions

• Situational, based on items on your resume to prove you posses the skills you stated.   Answer Question

Mechanical Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shakopee, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Emerson (Shakopee, MN) in March 2017.

Interview

Did an interview on campus after a university career fair. Heard back form an HR rep and set up an interview at their Rosemount facility. Since I was out of town they got a hotel room about a mile from the facility. Came in the next morning and did 3-1 hour panel interviews. No tour or anything, just in and out. Overall interviewers were nice and asked basic questions. Have never returned a call or responded to an email since.