Emerson Plant Engineer, Sales, Field Technician Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

Plant Engineer, Sales, Field Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Emerson (Minneapolis, MN) in January 2009.

Interview

Interview took place over a two week period. First by phone, then other interviews meeting various management. One morning I received a phone call asking if I could meet my interviewer at this office and then surprised me with a skills test. I aced the test but didn't like the surprise notice and believe that it should have been done during one of the first interviews. I had at least 4 meetings/interviews. Easy interviewing process for me, but must be expert in the industry and very well informed about the company you are interviewing for.
I

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a differing opinion from another experienced Engineer.   1 Answer

I had other offers and the contract they wanted me to sign was too vague. For instance, during the interview, I was told I would have a company car but the contract did not list this benefit. The job description was discussed in the interview, yet the contract did not detail my job description as it was verbally detailed during the interviews and I began to see that I would be doing many different jobs, holding many different positions. Although I was extremely qualified and capable of doing every job detail and position discussed, they didn't want to pay me $100,000 year. Offer was for $89,000 and the additional benefits would complete the $100,000 I was asking for, however the contract was too vague and did not guarantee my salary package would be at $100,000. TOO MUCH DOUBLE TALK TO BELIEVE. EVERYTHING MUST BE IN WRITING AND INCLUDE THE ADDITIONS THAT I REQUESTED.