Emerson Manufacturing Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 7, 2017

3.2

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Welcome, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Emerson (Welcome, NC) in May 2015.

Interview

I interviewed for positions at ASCO in Welcome, NC.
My first communication was at a career show at my college. I applied online for three positions online. I received an email about two phone interviews with three hiring managers. I called and setup the times. It turned out to be three positions that I was interviewing for.
After the phone interviews I received an email to setup an on site interview forthe manufacturing engineer position. It was a tour, interview and a trial by fire.
The trial by fire was three actual issues that popped up during the tour with one of the managers that I would have been working with on the production floor. It showed how fast paced the job is.
I had a second on site interview with other managers and the HR personnel a couple of days later. At the end I was told that I would have a call back at the beginning of the next week.
Two weeks later, no call back and seeing a new posting of the same position told me that I didn't get the job.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Emerson

Anonymous Employee in Chanhassen, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Emerson (Chanhassen, MN).

Interview

I interviewed with HR on my college campus during the Fall Career Fair (October 2nd). I then received an email from HR at the end of October informing me they were still reviewing candidates and positions. I contacted HR by phone a couple of times in the next couple of months. I was very patient because it was the Holiday season and I knew that it was a busy time for everybody. Some time after New Years Day, I was able to secure an interview at Emerson in Chanhassen, MN.

The interview process was rigorous, but helpful. I arrived and was offered lunch with my college's alumni. I was then interviewed by 3 times, each by 2 engineers. In general, it was a manager from a specific department and a veteran from the same department. There was also a tour and an HR interview. Paperwork was filled out on site, so be prepared to have your work history and at least 2 contacts and their phone numbers for the background check.

Interview Questions

• Why are aesthetics important?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was given a formal offer via email. It included the base salary and bonuses. I signed the sheet and faxed it back. I also received information on benefits such as health, dental and vision insurance as well as information about profit sharing and the company culture.

Anonymous Employee in Chanhassen, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Emerson (Chanhassen, MN).

Interview

Called by hiring manager and had an informal phone interview. Was then called on-site for half day interview. Typical on-site for engineers is 2-3 interviews with peers and managers (2 interview you at one time) and one interview with HR. Questions tend to be situational, focused on Lominger Competencies. They look to see if you can speak engineering language and fit within the group.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to define the principles of heat transfer - this was an a-typical question.   Answer Question

Negotiation

You are not allowed to negotiated any portion of the offer. There was a relocation package and small signing bonus.

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Emerson.

Interview

I was called by HR headhunter. They rushed to get me in to the interview because they thought I was so perfect for them. I interviewed and they were frustrated I did not have experience with large component refrigerators. I never even heard back from them. Bush-league.

Interview Questions

• What sort of large component refrigerator experience do you have?   Answer Question

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Emerson (Singapore (Singapore)) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied online in Jobstreet website. The interview was conducted by 2 Senior Manufacturing Managers. Met them in their office. Only one round. Mainly asked about my previous job. I didn't get hired.

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Emerson in February 2011.

Interview

Had to interview with HR, Manager and Plant Manager

Interview Questions

• Strengths that you think you have which will help this position.   Answer Question