Emerson Interview Questions in Marshalltown, IA | Glassdoor

2.8

9 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Materials Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marshalltown, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Emerson (Marshalltown, IA).

Interview

The interview lasted from 9:30-4 and included lunch. In addition to providing a sample of my technical writing, a technical presentation was required.
    The technical presentation was first, followed by interviews with the Materials Engineering Manager, Engineering Specialist, Additive Materials Engineering Specialist, Materials Engineers, Assistant Engineer, VP of Additive Manufacturing & Materials Technology, Director of Engineered Products, and Manager of Risk Mitigation.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you used your materials knowledge to solve a problem where the solution was not immediately apparent.   Answer Question

Test & Evaluation Engineering Co-op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Marshalltown, IA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Emerson (Marshalltown, IA) in November 2015.

Interview

The interview process started with an on campus interview during the career fair. The interview there was very laid back and behavioral in nature. The 2nd round interview was on site, and included an entire day of facility tours, lunch, and an hour long interview during the middle of the day.

Interview Questions

• What sort of hands on mechanical experience do you have and what projects have you used them on?   1 Answer

CAD Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Marshalltown, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Emerson (Marshalltown, IA) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview was not very difficult. There was a lot of focus on CAD skills and applicable experience. I made every experience I had in school count and tied it to whatever question they asked me. I have experience with different kinds of software so my versatile skills were attractive.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate. I was very happy for the offer

Electronics Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marshalltown, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Emerson (Marshalltown, IA) in February 2015.

Interview

Spoke with HR over the phone, and was shortly after flown out for an interview. The interview day was very long and tiring. Had 9 1:1 interviews, all of which were the same thing - questions about my resume and experience. Besides the interviews, had a 5 question test in the lab. The test's goal was to check my ability to read schematics, and work with testing equipment.

Interview Questions

• Given a op-amp, find the Vo as a function of Vin. Had to solve on the board.   Answer Question
    • Write a function that outputs the maximum number in an array. Choose any programming language.   Answer Question

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Marshalltown, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Emerson (Marshalltown, IA) in December 2014.

Interview

1. Phone interview with a member of the Human Resources department (This was much more elaborate than the face-to-face interviews)
    2. Greeted by the Test Manager and given a tour of the site
    3. Individual interviews with Senior Test Engineer, Software Test Engineer, Test Engineer, Applications Team Manager, and Test Manager
    4. Discussion of expectations on both ends

Interview Questions

• I was given a simple diagram of a flow computer and its components. I was asked a very vague question of how would I test it?   1 Answer

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Marshalltown, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Emerson (Marshalltown, IA) in October 2014.

Interview

Very informal. More based on people skillet than technical ability. Behavioral. Be friendly and not weird and your fine. Interview has multiple steps and people. I was initially contacted via email. Be interested, and ask questions. Have things to talk about, friends, school, truck, piano, poodles, be able to show competent social skills. Act interested in control valves also

Test Engineering Co-op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Marshalltown, IA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Emerson (Marshalltown, IA) in October 2014.

Interview

The first interview was very casual but with some questions on past experience and work at school. Then they flew me to Marshalltown for a follow up interview and tour of the test laboratory. All travel expenses were paid and it was a very informative opportunity.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever disagreed with a manager or supervisor and what did you do about it?   Answer Question
    • Q: What was one thing that they asked you?   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Marshalltown, IA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Emerson (Marshalltown, IA) in March 2012.

Interview

Phone interview followed by a 3 hour in person interview process w/4 different interviewers

Interview Questions

• All the questions were challenging and varied between interviewer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much negotiation, they came in with a solid offer.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marshalltown, IA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Emerson (Marshalltown, IA) in September 2011.

Interview

Interview was set up at a Career Fair, gentleman I talked to led me to believe that the interview would be with the Emerson parent company. Interviewed with a different gentleman working for Fisher explicitly (control valves). Interview started off well, I had experience with the line of TI micro controllers he used (MSP valueline).

Interviewer was dressed in casual attire, Polo and slacks. Prompted me for questions about the company multiple times. Took approx. 30 min. Not a lot of technical questions. More interested in previous project experiences than technical knowledge.

I inquired about opportunities outside of Fisher, and he seemed to become upset. He told me he was recruiting for Fisher only.

Interview Questions

• Write a function that takes an array as the only parameter, and returns an array of the same values in reverse order. Any language, must compile.   2 Answers
    • Talk about a time when you worked in a group with one or more people when they didn't complete their independent objectives.

Followup was how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Didn't get an offer from the area I was applying for.