Emerson Mechanical Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.1

7 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Mechanical Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sidney, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Emerson (Sidney, OH) in October 2017.

Interview

I was contacted and had a phone interview. After that I was brought in for 4 in person interviews. Three were with people in the department I would be working in and one by a HR person.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you want to gain from working at Emerson?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Emerson

Anonymous Employee in Florham Park, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Emerson (Florham Park, NJ).

Interview

There's 3 stages. Phone interview and two campus interviews. The phone interview is usually done with two managers and is just basic. You get the normal, interview questions. The campus interviews are much longer and more in-depth. The first campus interview is where you meet your potential manager and the questions are based on how you think and some of your knowledge. The second interview takes half a day. This is where you meet with other managers and employees and really see what they do. You get a better sense of the environment and how the people are. The managers take you on an in-depth tour of the facilities and introduce you to a lot of the employees. You also get to meet the head of engineering. They really try and get to know you and try to understand who you are as a person.

Interview Questions

• All the questions were straightforward. If you were in engineering, you better understand Ohm's Law and some basic circuits and electrical engineering. They will ask you about that.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Salary... but usually what they offer is firm....

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Emerson.

Interview

initial phone interview, onsite interview with manager various CAD FEM questions

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Emerson (Houston, TX) in November 2012.

Interview

Talk to recruiters from HQ on campus during career fair. They forwarded my resume to the oil and gas division in Houston, I got a call about an interview about a month later. I was flown down to the office in Houston and had 3 1:1 interviews about 45 minutes long each. First one was technical based, second was mostly about my resume and work, school, and life experiences. The last one was the typical behavioral type questions.

Interview Questions

• If we are updating the controls on a relief valve, how many pressure sensors should be placed on the tank?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiations were almost non existent. I was happy with the salary, but they didnt offer any relocation help, other than the signing bonus that will barely cut it.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Emerson in November 2012.

Interview

● Maintenance inspection of all critical equipments during running/shutdown to identify the abnormal condition at an early stage and to carry out the repair/corrective measures with the help of maintenance department and ensure its implementation in plant.
    ● To organize lube oil testing, leakage monitoring, wear debris analysis of oil samples to control the lubricant consumption and to enhance the life of lubricants.
    ● Condition Monitoring-Vibration analysis, Thermography, Wear Debris Analysis, Non-destructive testing inspection and Laser Alignment.
    ● Dynamic and static balancing process fans and pumps impeller.
    ● Condition Monitoring of all rotating equipments.
    ● Balancing of high & medium speed industrial fans and processing fans
    ● Condition monitoring of girth gear- pinions.
    ● Hans free using of Emerson-CSI-2130,2120,IRD make DATApac-1500,Enpac-1200
    ● Maintenance planning, scheduling & execution of rotating equipments used in process industries like rollers, mills, pumps, compressors, gearboxes, weigh feeders, blowers, fans, material handling devices.

Interview Questions

• • Root Cause Analysis (RCA) Techniques Skill
      • Communication and listening Knowledge
      • Coaching / Mentoring Knowledge
      • Preventative Maintenance Optimisation (PMO) Techniques Knowledge
      • Use of Risk Reliability Management (RRM) tool Knowledge
      • Managing HSE Knowledge
      • Develop, integrate, plan, execute and drive reliability strategies/tactics Skill   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cluj-Napoca (Romania)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Emerson (Cluj-Napoca (Romania)) in September 2011.

Interview

The interviews at Emerson may take 2 months; a minimum of 3 interviews are a common thing: the HR interview, the local manager, the remote/foreign manager.
    Because I was out of town and they really have seen me already at other interview (that I didn't take) I only went once.
    The company tries to pay as small as possible, negotiation is very welcome; but keep in mind that the raise afterwards are a percent from the first salary, so if you accept a small salary you will always get small raises.

Interview Questions

• - make a tolerance calculation
      - explain the composition of SST alloys
      - strength of materials
      - fluid dynamics: continuity equations   1 Answer

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Emerson in April 2011.

Interview

For this co-op assignment I did two separate phone interviews and then a virtual interview with two engineers within the department I worked in.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation when you had to resolve a conflict in a group? What steps did you take to evolve it?   Answer Question
    • Why are you interested in the company ? Why are you interested in this internship?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate my salary because I felt it was sufficient