Cover image for Emerson

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

Emerson Senior Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Jan 18, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 8 of over 1.0K interviews

Employee Referral29%
Other14%
HardAverageEasy

Emerson

Application

I interviewed at Emerson

Interview

not bad a lot smoother than i thought it would be. very nice people in the HR dept. All the pannel interview partisipents were very nice as well and asked reasonable questions about my background

Interview Questions
  • what is your greatest sttrenghts
    Answer Question
1 person found this interview helpful

Emerson

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Emerson

Interview

Interview with engineering manager, director and HR. Asked about job expectation, scope, whether willing for offshore site work. The duration was about 1 hour plus. Asked about technical background, and some testing thought process kind of questions.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Got a burning question about Emerson? Just ask!

On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Emerson employees and get real answers from people on the inside.

Ask a Question

Anonymous Employee in Ballston Spa, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Emerson (Ballston Spa, NY)

Interview

Overall very slow process. Had an initial phone interview with HR. Before I had a second phone interview a week later with the division head I had to complete a technical quiz. Two weeks after that I was brought on site for 4 interviews the same day. Interviews ranged from very easy to highly tech in. After interviews were complete the division head took me out to dinner. Two weeks later I had a verbal offer followed by a mailed offer two weeks after that. Once a physical and drug screen is complete a start date is set. The whole process from first phone interview was about 2 months.

Interview Questions
  • Why are you looking to move from your current position
  • Describe a failsafe circuit and explain why you would want to design a circuit in that manner

Emerson

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Emerson

Interview

First Telephonic round for skills discussion, Second telephonic round for skills discussion, VC round for skills discussion and salary discussion round over telephone. The mail emphasis is on technical details and specific to your field only

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in North Twenty Four Parganas

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Emerson (North Twenty Four Parganas) in May 2015

Interview

I have attended the Telephonic Interview and which was cool. Not that much technical Questions. A friendly way of discussion. First is telephonic, the second will be video conference and the last will be functional call

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Taipei

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Emerson (Taipei) in Mar 2015

Interview

Phone screening. Then waited couple weeks for face to face arrangement for interview with panel. One of the person at panel being the hiring manager. Mostly technical questions as well as questions about past experiences. It took another couple weeks before they extended the offer.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Emerson (Pune) in Aug 2013

Interview

Face to Face (Linux Kernel and/or Device Drivers)

Interview Questions
  • Write a program having 3 threads (Pthread) 1st thread: Separate out the consonants from input text file & write it to a new file. 2nd thread: Separate out the non consonants from the same input text file(used above) & write it to new file 3rd thread: Sort the file generated in 2nd thread.
  • Write a re-entrant function?
  • What is the meaning of bottom half? Why do we need them? Why there are different types of bottom half? What u do in tasklets? What do u know about softirq? What are the steps you will perform, if Kernel Crashes? What will u do if kernel hangs in Interrupt Handle? What is the first/basic step you will perform in interrupt handler?
  • Why local variables are not shared and global variable are shared? Every Process/thread has its own memory space. What is the meaning of that? If there are 100's of malloc and free and if program gives seg fault how will you identify it?
  • What is Hotplug Device? Suppose I coping a 1GB movie from PC to USB device and instead of safely remove, I directly plug it out, what will happen? Why USB devices need, safely remove?
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Emerson (New Delhi) in Sep 2011

Interview

I went by employee referral. They'd sent an interview invite. After I was selected, they didn't inform me for 3-4 weeks, as their HR was missing, only 1 HR for the entire staff. The interview process was very informal. Asked basic tech questions. Can take you if you have basic knowledge of your stuff. The salary offered is horrible, and they'll tell you that Emerson is not a very good payee

Interview Questions
  • Electrical related questions, Wanted to know my previous work ex

Popular Careers with Emerson Job Seekers