Emerson Interview Questions in Sidney, OH | Glassdoor

2.5

10 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Embedded Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sidney, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Emerson (Sidney, OH) in April 2017.

Interview

I was flown out to their Sidney, Ohio plant and given a day long interview. I met with members of the team as well as HR and other direct manufacturing teams.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Emerson, and older company, verses somewhere such as Google?   Answer Question

Refrigeration Engineering Co-op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sidney, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Emerson (Sidney, OH) in June 2016.

Interview

Interviewed with five people consecutively for a half hour each. Started with a person from HR, then proceeded to 3 engineers one of which was the would be manager for the position. The other two engineers reported to this engineering manager. The final person was the manager of the manager.

Interview Questions

• Can you explain the refrigeration cycle?   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sidney, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Emerson (Sidney, OH) in November 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very relaxed. Even though it was relaxed, I was given ample opportunity to share my education/experience/personal style as well as given robust information about the company and position. I first had a phone interview with the hiring manager, next I was schedule for 4 hours of Face 2 Face interviews, 1 hour each with 4 different people. The 4 hours seemed intense when it was scheduled, however I found it to be a extremely positive experience. Wonderful people who were very relate-able and seemed genuinely interested in my fit, as opposed to other companies which seem to have a process of a "firing squad" trying to ask questions to see if they can trip you up.

After that, I was invited back for one last interview with a VP, which again, was quite relaxed and professional while at the same time able to allow me opportunity to really share what I am all about and gather some last minute details about the position and company from one last vantage point.

Interview Questions

• there were no difficult questions asked, only relevant questions about my experience, why leaving current company, why Emerson and why me.   Answer Question

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sidney, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Emerson (Sidney, OH) in May 2015.

Interview

Initially phone interview then on site interview with 5 different people then had to do power point presentation sent by Email then a background check . Interview was very easy. They were not trying to trip or anything . They just want somebody to fill the position it seems.

Interview Questions

• Education, work experiences given I have no Business degree and applying for Manager of business Development but it seems a business degree is not required for a business development job here.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Offer negotiable . They seem they want good candidates at that location.

AC Commercial Scroll Co-op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sidney, OH

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Emerson (Sidney, OH) in March 2015.

Interview

I had a connection within the company and was given a high recommendation. I applied online before scheduling three phone calls. One was with my eventual direct boss, another with two engineers I ended up working closely with, and the third was with HR. They took 30-45 minutes each.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time where you inspired others to work harder   Answer Question

Integrated Projects Co-op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sidney, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Emerson (Sidney, OH) in March 2014.

Interview

Talked to a recruiter at a career fair. They asked if I would do an on site interview over email about a week later. The interview was at their manufacturing plant in Sidney, OH which lasted approximately 3 hours and included a tour of the facility

Interview Questions

• First, it was a panel of engineers whom I would have been working with. They mostly asked details about my information on my resume and why I was interested in the company. Then, I was interviewed by their supervisors and asked a series of behavioral questions.   Answer Question

IT Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sidney, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Emerson (Sidney, OH).

Interview

Applied for 1 position, and was called in for an interview. Interview was for some different position I did not apply for. Then I was interviewed by the HR Department who had glowing comments about my skills related to yet a different position that I did not apply for. The HR rep told me they would be "in touch soon". Three weeks later I got an automated "Thank You" reject note email for yet another position I did not apply for.

Interview Questions

• The whole experience was baffling, confusing, and completely unexpected.   Answer Question

Emerson Response

Jan 16, 2014 – Social Marketing Manager

We appreciate constructive feedback, so thank you for taking the time to share your interview experience. This is certainly not our standard and we will take into account your comments.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sidney, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Emerson (Sidney, OH) in January 2014.

Interview

First step is a phone screen followed by an onsite interview with the HR co-op manager along with the manager's you will be working him. Process takes 2-3 hours.

Interview Questions

• Questions typically pertained to the job and activities you're involved with at school and outside of work.   1 Answer

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sidney, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Emerson (Sidney, OH) in October 2013.

Interview

Got a call from HR and interview was set up over the phone followed by on site interviews with managers. Had 4 interviews with different managers including director of engineerng

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in this position?   1 Answer

Transport Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sidney, OH

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Emerson (Sidney, OH) in September 2011.

Interview

Had 1:1 interview with four different people. They were very nice and I received a tour around the plant.