Emerson Systems Administrator Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Emerson (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

They generally only use outside recruiters (contract, RTH) to find talent, although employee referral occurs as well. They generally bypass a recruitment pre-screen by using one of three outside recruitment agencies, regardless of how they came by an applicant. However, most of the time, they are looking for a body to fill a seat, and are not really interested in their technical or business savy.

Interview Questions

• If you were asked to perform a function outside of your realm of expertise (with no additional training), would you be able to jump in and be the team player.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Difficult, they were not willing to give much, but in the end we both were agreeable to it. The HR department basically ignored the Hiring Manager and took it upon themselves to try and cut the position off at the "Salaries knees". Note: I learned, after the fact, that they were negotiating with at least three other people for the position a the same time. Whomever relented the most, got the job, as all but one were of equal experience levels. What got it for me, was the promise (in writing from HR) of guaranteed modest increases for the first two years (however, they never happened, despite very good performance reviews, and I eventually left the company).