Emerson Windows Administrator Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Emerson Windows Administrator Interview Questions

3.5

2 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Windows Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cluj-Napoca (Romania)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Emerson (Cluj-Napoca (Romania)).

Interview

Referred by a friend of mine who was contacted but wasn't interested in the job.
Initial contact with 3rd party recruiting agency where resume was discussed. Was asked what my expectations are in terms of compensation.

Got contacted a second time after a month for a follow-up interview. Second interview was mostly technical with team-lead/line manager/HR.

Interview had a number of standard questions (e.g. describe what is RAID) and focused on Active Directory / Networking (DNS) / Server management.

Also discussed a few scenarios of real life problems encountered and what steps I would take to resolve them.

A third interview took place over the phone with the hiring manager in the US. I was asked to describe my experience with the technologies I had listed and was an opportunity to test my English.

Interview Questions

• Was asked the difference between TCP and UDP.   1 Answer
  • What is the difference between RAID 0 and RAID 1   Answer Question
  • Users are complaining a website is not working. When investigating you realize that the IIS website is stopped. When attempting to start it you receive an error ( something like access denied?)   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation took place. Was called by HR and advised they could pay me this sum due to corporate ladder stuff.

Other Interview Reviews for Emerson

Windows Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manila, Manila (Philippines)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Emerson (Manila, Manila (Philippines)) in June 2012.

Interview

HR will call you. Then local windows team lead will make an initial technical interview. Then the final interview is with Global Windows Manager (can be a panel interview too)

Interview Questions

• Your experience in windows platform   1 Answer

Negotiation

Slight higher than is expecter