Emirates Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Emirates Interview Questions

Updated Jul 16, 2017

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Emirates (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

I made it through the second round of interviews before being cut. The first round was watching videos about the company and Dubai and the second round was breaking into groups to describe inanimate objects. Overall the two rounds I made it through were fairly interesting and unique to the company.

Cabin Crew Interview

Interview

Overall, there is a 4 step process to being hired.
    The first three steps you must go through involve the dropping off of your CV, a presentation of the company, a brief presention involving a random object, and then finally a group project.
    In my group, it started at 200 people and only 15 people made it to the final interview.

Interview Questions

• In what way were you faced with a cultural challenged?
      In what way have you respected another culture?
      In what way have you been most challenged at the work place?   1 Answer

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Emirates.

Interview

They had us make a bridge out of paper inwhich I was totally unprepared for to see how we interact with others. They also had us bring a picture but I completely forgot mine so I wasnt elected.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you should join emirates?   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Mary, FL

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Emirates (Lake Mary, FL).

Interview

I applied online and received an invitation to the invitation day a couple days later. At the hotel, there was only one recruiter from Emirates. She played a few videos about Dubai and working for Emirates. We then lined up to give her our resumes, where she asked a couple questions. She barely gave me time to explain my answer before asking another question. After the first cut, I came back for the group round. We were put into groups of 3 and asked to describe the personality traits of certain professions. I came up with all of the traits for my group (we needed 3 and each person presented one). We then received a random item and had to present a creative idea on how the profession could use the idea. Again, I came up with the idea and spoke about it. I was shocked when I got cut after this round. She only picked one person per group. Emirates does not say why or why they don't pick a person. I feel their process is not practical because the first groups didn't follow directions in stating their names, yet they got chosen because of her one person per group choosing process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Emirates (Las Vegas, NV) in November 2015.

Interview

just started my process, i will have my assessment day next weekend. I applied online on mid November, and got email invitation in three days. I know the process is hard, but I am very excited. Because I have dreamed about this job so long. and I believe im ready

Aircraft Mechanic Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Emirates.

Interview

Very simple interview to determine your work history and most importantly your willingness to and dedication to work.

You are give a psychometrics exam to take online...which they are very big on.
    HR representative and Maintenance manager is present taking turns asking the questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?
      Very basic aircraft maintenance practices.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They will make every effort to low ball you! They will tell you there are plenty of other people they can hire if you don't want to accept the offer. Negotiate as much as you can up front because once you're in, you're stuck!

Cabin Crew Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Emirates.

Interview

It was kind of agency interview.First I checked arm reach and scar check. They just started with small talk like cv drop. It took around 5 mins . And after I got a mail from them. Then the process was same as other open day process.

Cabin Crew Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Emirates in May 2015.

Interview

There are several stages in the Emirates selection process. Once you'll arrive and go through a cv drop the recruiter plays a video about Dubai to familiarize the candidates about the position. After the video she does a quick Q&A and then 30 mins later the candidates are asked to come back and check if they made the first cut. The second round consists of grouping and coming up with a creative ways to use the given profession and a random item like umbrella, candy, clock, shoes and etc... And then she makes another cut. The third round was when she separated the remaining candidates into two groups and gave us 15 minutes to discuss and find solutions to a given situation which is customer service related. When both groups completed the task she made another cut. The fourth round was when she had non native speakers take an English test and those who didn't pass were eliminated. The last round was one on one interview the next day. i heard the Q's vary but the personality test is mandatory for all candidates to take after one on one interview is completed.

Interview Questions

• Usuals:
      Why should we hire you?
      Why do you think you're the best candidate?
      how would you handle a difficult customer?
      Give us an example of a time when you went above and beyond for your guest.   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Emirates (New York, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online and got a special invite to go to the Boston open call but couldn't make it so I got another invite to go to the one in NY. I got there early there were about 100 other candidates dressed to impressed, hair pulled back and the signature red lipstick. We were shown a video about the company by one recruiter and then given a chance to ask questions. One by one we went up to meet the recruiter for her to ultimately make her decision. I thought I made a great impression but I wasn't chosen to go onto the second round. I spoke with someone who went all the way to the one on one interview. After that first round going from 100 to 30 people they had group activities where another cut was made and then people were chosen for the one on one interview. I was told they get back to you in about 4 weeks.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Emirates (San Francisco, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

You submit application online, and if there's an open/assessment day near you, you should get an email inviting you. Just so you know, though you most these 'assessment days' require you to be invited from applying online, the open day process is incorporated into the assessment day, so the first step after a presentation and some questions, is submitting your resume and having a 2 second interaction with the single recruiter there, and there is a cut immediately after where half the applicants are cut.

Also, I waited a month and a half to get an automated response email inviting me to this two days before the event. Good luck!