Emory University Administrative Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Emory University Administrative Assistant Interview Questions

2.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Emory University (Atlanta, GA) in April 2016.

Interview

A long and drawn out process: I moved up in the resume pile by knowing a current employee. I had a phone interview and a few weeks later, an in person interview with my potential boss and a couple other department heads. The interview was very conversational - nothing too stressful. I was given a timeline for a response which they did not at all stick to. I was told, however, that I would be contacted when they reached a decision. After waiting a few weeks and not having heard a peep from them, I emailed one of my interviewers about their decision. No response. I waited a few more weeks and just couldn't take it anymore, so I called and discovered that I didn't get the job.

I'm an empty alumni with a really good GPA and references and met the qualifications for the job, and the alumni association still rejected me. I wish I knew where I went wrong.

The most disappointing part, however, is their lack of concern for candidates who are trying to work around a timeline that they don't even try to stick to. I wonder if they ever would have contacted me to let me know I didn't get the job.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have with technology and databases?   Answer Question
  • How do you organize and prioritize your daily tasks?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Emory University

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Emory University.

Interview

Applied online and emailed the HR department with my resume. I received a call within a week of sending my initial email. I interviewed with three different people on three different interviews. After that they hired an internal person for the position.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Interview

Straightforward and simple

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Simple and short

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Emory University.

Interview

email, then phone interview, then in-person interview with several people

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Emory University in December 2010.

Interview

Recieved email asking if I was interested in the position. I came in for a one-on-one interview with the executive admin. assistant. Went over resume and discussed myself and goals. Next, I met the rest of the department. Basically, discussed my resume and told them about myself.

Negotiation

Not able to negotiate at all. There is a scale used so not able to negotiate pay much.