Emory University Interview Questions in Atlanta, GA | Glassdoor

2.4

78 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Respiratory Therapist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Emory University (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Dr. Plummer interviewed me. He drew an L shape and labeled both sides with numbers and symbols and asked me what that meant. After much thought I said I don't know. He said "GOOD ANSWER". It's better not to know than know something wrong. Good choice!

Clinical Research Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Emory University (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

I took a very long time to hear anything, I waited months and emailed to get updates but the process was still stressful. The background check took the longest and there was no negotiation of salary on my level.

Financial Aid Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I interviewed at Emory University (Atlanta, GA) in June 2017.

Interview

Their interview process is one of the best I've ever engaged in! I interviewed on a Thursday and in two weeks a decision was made. Both panel interviews went exceptionally well and all parties involved were pleasant. Word of advice...if you're pursuing an advanced degree (PHD/Ed.D) and the job you're applying for doesn't require it, don't say anything about it and remove it from your resume. Even if you're a great candidate, you won't be considered an asset but more so a liability and a waste of OJT (on the job training). Don't allow your academic endeavors to become a place of contention for future employers; oxymoronic isn't it...

Financial Aid Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Emory University (Atlanta, GA) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied for the Financial Aid Advisor position at Emory University (Atlanta, GA) May 2017. Then called for an Interview in mid-June 2017.

Their interview process is one of the best interviews that I have ever experienced. I was never and it was pouring down rain. It was a 2 hour interview process with 2 different committees. I felt that they were impressed with me and made sure to explain how I truly know Financial Aid. I was myself and made sure to look at each person on the committee. You never know who is the deciding factor for the position.

Interview Questions

• If you had a weekend to yourself (no family, kids, obligations), what would you do?   Answer Question
    • If you had a week to yourself (no family, kids, obligations), what would you do?   Answer Question

Research Interviewer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Emory University (Atlanta, GA) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied to the job in January. I was emailed to do a phone interview in late February. Completed a team interview and 2 one-on-one interviews and one team bonding/meeting. I received the job offer in mid March.

Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Emory University (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

I had two interviews. One was with the marketing director and the next with the marketing team the following week. Process was average. They wanted to get a feel for my personality and skill set.

Public Health Program Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Emory University (Atlanta, GA) in August 2016.

Interview

I had an informational interview with someone from the project I wanted to work for within the Rollins School of Public Health at Emory. That informational interview led them to forward my résumé onto some project managers they thought would be interested in my experience and skills set. I received an email 2-3 weeks after the informational interview (from the project managers) requesting an interview. We scheduled it for the following week and we met in a conference room. The interview lasted exactly 45 minutes. Afterward, they said they would be conducting interviews all that week and would get back to who they chose by the end of the following week. The end of the following week came and went, and I heard nothing. However, that following Monday, I received a very nice email from the managers indicating that while I had not received the offer, they were still very interested in my experience and skills set and they asked if it would be okay if they passed my résumé onto some managers for upcoming positions. Overall, I'd call it a win.

Interview Questions

• What was one time you had to work with a difficult client and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • How do you manage stress when you have a lot on your plate and several projects to deal with?   Answer Question

Clinical Research Coordinator I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Emory University (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

I applied online. I received an email several weeks after I applied. They asked questions via email and then scheduled an in person interview. I spoke with several members of the team and the associate director. They asked about my background and qualifications.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Emory University (Atlanta, GA) in April 2016.

Interview

A long and drawn out process: I moved up in the resume pile by knowing a current employee. I had a phone interview and a few weeks later, an in person interview with my potential boss and a couple other department heads. The interview was very conversational - nothing too stressful. I was given a timeline for a response which they did not at all stick to. I was told, however, that I would be contacted when they reached a decision. After waiting a few weeks and not having heard a peep from them, I emailed one of my interviewers about their decision. No response. I waited a few more weeks and just couldn't take it anymore, so I called and discovered that I didn't get the job.

I'm an empty alumni with a really good GPA and references and met the qualifications for the job, and the alumni association still rejected me. I wish I knew where I went wrong.

The most disappointing part, however, is their lack of concern for candidates who are trying to work around a timeline that they don't even try to stick to. I wonder if they ever would have contacted me to let me know I didn't get the job.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have with technology and databases?   Answer Question
    • How do you organize and prioritize your daily tasks?   Answer Question

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Emory University (Atlanta, GA) in April 2016.

Interview

After an initial Skype interview, I was invited to come give a seminar within the department. Following the seminar, I met with several faculty members as well as all the members of the lab. It was a long day, but I felt very welcome.

Interview Questions

• Nothing specific. We just talked science most of the day   Answer Question