Emory University Interview Questions in Atlanta, GA | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 26, 2017

2.4

Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Emory University (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

I had two interviews. One was with the marketing director and the next with the marketing team the following week. Process was average. They wanted to get a feel for my personality and skill set.

Public Health Program Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Emory University (Atlanta, GA) in August 2016.

Interview

I had an informational interview with someone from the project I wanted to work for within the Rollins School of Public Health at Emory. That informational interview led them to forward my résumé onto some project managers they thought would be interested in my experience and skills set. I received an email 2-3 weeks after the informational interview (from the project managers) requesting an interview. We scheduled it for the following week and we met in a conference room. The interview lasted exactly 45 minutes. Afterward, they said they would be conducting interviews all that week and would get back to who they chose by the end of the following week. The end of the following week came and went, and I heard nothing. However, that following Monday, I received a very nice email from the managers indicating that while I had not received the offer, they were still very interested in my experience and skills set and they asked if it would be okay if they passed my résumé onto some managers for upcoming positions. Overall, I'd call it a win.

Interview Questions

• What was one time you had to work with a difficult client and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • How do you manage stress when you have a lot on your plate and several projects to deal with?   Answer Question

Clinical Research Coordinator I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Emory University (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

I applied online. I received an email several weeks after I applied. They asked questions via email and then scheduled an in person interview. I spoke with several members of the team and the associate director. They asked about my background and qualifications.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Emory University (Atlanta, GA) in April 2016.

Interview

A long and drawn out process: I moved up in the resume pile by knowing a current employee. I had a phone interview and a few weeks later, an in person interview with my potential boss and a couple other department heads. The interview was very conversational - nothing too stressful. I was given a timeline for a response which they did not at all stick to. I was told, however, that I would be contacted when they reached a decision. After waiting a few weeks and not having heard a peep from them, I emailed one of my interviewers about their decision. No response. I waited a few more weeks and just couldn't take it anymore, so I called and discovered that I didn't get the job.

I'm an empty alumni with a really good GPA and references and met the qualifications for the job, and the alumni association still rejected me. I wish I knew where I went wrong.

The most disappointing part, however, is their lack of concern for candidates who are trying to work around a timeline that they don't even try to stick to. I wonder if they ever would have contacted me to let me know I didn't get the job.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have with technology and databases?   Answer Question
    • How do you organize and prioritize your daily tasks?   Answer Question

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Emory University (Atlanta, GA) in April 2016.

Interview

After an initial Skype interview, I was invited to come give a seminar within the department. Following the seminar, I met with several faculty members as well as all the members of the lab. It was a long day, but I felt very welcome.

Interview Questions

• Nothing specific. We just talked science most of the day   Answer Question

Security Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Emory University (Atlanta, GA) in February 2016.

Interview

There are two rounds, the first is Phone interview, and the second is on-site Interview. If you have enough security and network fundamental knowledge, you are fine. I did well during the Interview. And I had a good discussion with the Technical hiring manager and the team. And after the on-site interview, they asked for 5 references from my professional manager and friends. But after I finished everything, they did not give me the offer, because they do not want to provide sponsorship. The HR told me that they wanted to open the job for several weeks to see if there is proficient US-citizen candidates.

Applications Developer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Emory University (Atlanta, GA) in February 2016.

Interview

Got mail from the recruiter.Scheduled the interview.Explained about her work and work to done by us once we got selected and about project.Interview is about 30 minutes and very friendly.She asked me to have brief introduction about me.Got offer after 3 days in mail about my compensation and benefits.

Interview Questions

• 1.Tell me about yourself.
      2.Difference between vector and arraylist?
      3.Which methods are implemented in hash map?
      4.how we handle exception in DB2 and java?
      5.Difference between string,string buffer and string bulider?
      6.difference between interface and abstract class?
      Answer Question

Patient Account Representative I Interview

Application

Interview

It was very formal. Two people were in the room. One person explained the position, then the other person asked 4 behavioral type questions. I sensed the job was already taken when I entered the room and they were just going through the motions. It wasn't very engaging, they were more concerned with writing down my answers to the questions then they were with actually getting to know me, as there wasn't much eye contact, which they apologized for in advance. It was the quickest interview I've ever been on. I tried to tell a little more about me but they wanted you to stick to the questions, I even asked at the end if they had any other questions for me and they flatly said no. Basically they just wanted to know if you fit in with the staff. I knew I didn't get the job when I left because I didn't even get to meet the staff or take a tour, I was just escorted out. I really prepared for the interview and never got to show my true self. They never even asked so tell me about yourself, although I did try to work that in their to be engaging, but they really don't want to hear anything other than what is asked. I am not sure behavioral type questions work best. I felt like a robot just answer the questions and we will make a decision.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when .....(reference to a job)
      I think it was something like, state the project, what steps were taken, what was the outcome, was it successful?
      1 Answer

Graduate Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Emory University (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

They ask about any previous research experience you may have had and your current research interests. They were also curious about your ability to think critically. There were multiple interviewers (4) all with varied backgrounds. Mostly they will talk about their research but I found it valuable to have read their papers and be prepared with a few questions for each.

Psotdoc Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Emory University (Atlanta, GA) in January 2016.

Interview

I did not experience any interview, just feel the project is acceptable and come. No special feeling, just for finishing this project asap and get good publication. Then go back to China.
    By the way, it looks that the vacancy is quite easy to take.

Negotiation

like nothing