Emory University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 1, 2017

2.5

18 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Research Specialist Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 8+ weeks. I interviewed at Emory University.

Interview

The interview lasted an hour and consisted of a brief overview of the type of testing performed and tour of the lab. No questions were asked other than "Do you have any questions for us?"

Financial Aid Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I interviewed at Emory University (Atlanta, GA) in June 2017.

Interview

Their interview process is one of the best I've ever engaged in! I interviewed on a Thursday and in two weeks a decision was made. Both panel interviews went exceptionally well and all parties involved were pleasant. Word of advice...if you're pursuing an advanced degree (PHD/Ed.D) and the job you're applying for doesn't require it, don't say anything about it and remove it from your resume. Even if you're a great candidate, you won't be considered an asset but more so a liability and a waste of OJT (on the job training). Don't allow your academic endeavors to become a place of contention for future employers; oxymoronic isn't it...

Clinical Research Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Emory University in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online through Emory's website. After my application was under review, it took a week to have a phone interview, and the next week was my in person interview. The interview process began with a phone interview and then an in person interview. I was notified about the decision two weeks after my in person interview.

Interview Questions

• What skills can you bring to the clinical research team?   Answer Question

Senior Director Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Emory University in October 2016.

Interview

I was emailed to set up a telephone interview. There was a committee of people on the phone call. It would have been helpful to know who was on the committee prior to the call. Then the finalists had a campus interview.

Interview Questions

• Questions were all related to content in the job description.   Answer Question

Patient Access Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Emory University.

Interview

The interview process took maybe 2 months with applying and getting a call back for an interview. There was 3 interview steps; 1st interview was a phone screen call in which was very pleasant and the recruiter asks a few customer service questions. Second interview was face to face in which did not last long about 15-20 minutes in which you sit with a recruiter and they just get a feel if you are a good fit for the position. Third interview is a group interview in which they ask a few questions and each person has a chance to answer and you can ask questions to the interviewer as well. I felt like all the stages of the interview went well. After 3rd interview I waited about two weeks in which I emailed the HR lady and then I found out that I did not get the job. But it was a good experience and I would apply again for another position.

Public Health Program Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Emory University (Atlanta, GA) in August 2016.

Interview

I had an informational interview with someone from the project I wanted to work for within the Rollins School of Public Health at Emory. That informational interview led them to forward my résumé onto some project managers they thought would be interested in my experience and skills set. I received an email 2-3 weeks after the informational interview (from the project managers) requesting an interview. We scheduled it for the following week and we met in a conference room. The interview lasted exactly 45 minutes. Afterward, they said they would be conducting interviews all that week and would get back to who they chose by the end of the following week. The end of the following week came and went, and I heard nothing. However, that following Monday, I received a very nice email from the managers indicating that while I had not received the offer, they were still very interested in my experience and skills set and they asked if it would be okay if they passed my résumé onto some managers for upcoming positions. Overall, I'd call it a win.

Interview Questions

• What was one time you had to work with a difficult client and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • How do you manage stress when you have a lot on your plate and several projects to deal with?   Answer Question

Clinical Research Coordinator I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Emory University (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

I applied online. I received an email several weeks after I applied. They asked questions via email and then scheduled an in person interview. I spoke with several members of the team and the associate director. They asked about my background and qualifications.

Academic Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Emory University.

Interview

Email from administrator, brief phone conversation the same day, final interview two days later.

Process was quick and got the rejection a few days after the interview.

Confused since my current position is exactly the same but who knows, most likely internal or alumni. One of the interviewers said "I think I got you figured out" which was very strange. Might inquire with HR.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Emory University (Atlanta, GA) in April 2016.

Interview

A long and drawn out process: I moved up in the resume pile by knowing a current employee. I had a phone interview and a few weeks later, an in person interview with my potential boss and a couple other department heads. The interview was very conversational - nothing too stressful. I was given a timeline for a response which they did not at all stick to. I was told, however, that I would be contacted when they reached a decision. After waiting a few weeks and not having heard a peep from them, I emailed one of my interviewers about their decision. No response. I waited a few more weeks and just couldn't take it anymore, so I called and discovered that I didn't get the job.

I'm an empty alumni with a really good GPA and references and met the qualifications for the job, and the alumni association still rejected me. I wish I knew where I went wrong.

The most disappointing part, however, is their lack of concern for candidates who are trying to work around a timeline that they don't even try to stick to. I wonder if they ever would have contacted me to let me know I didn't get the job.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have with technology and databases?   Answer Question
    • How do you organize and prioritize your daily tasks?   Answer Question

Security Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Emory University (Atlanta, GA) in February 2016.

Interview

There are two rounds, the first is Phone interview, and the second is on-site Interview. If you have enough security and network fundamental knowledge, you are fine. I did well during the Interview. And I had a good discussion with the Technical hiring manager and the team. And after the on-site interview, they asked for 5 references from my professional manager and friends. But after I finished everything, they did not give me the offer, because they do not want to provide sponsorship. The HR told me that they wanted to open the job for several weeks to see if there is proficient US-citizen candidates.