Empower Media Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Empower Media Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Empower Media

Marketing Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Empower Media (Cincinnati, OH) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied for this position online and received an email three weeks later to schedule a telephone interview. The call was scheduled for 60 minutes; I cut the call short and withdrew myself from consideration about halfway through.

The "Talent Finder" was nearly 10 minutes late in calling and neither apologized for nor acknowledged her tardiness. The interview itself consisted mostly of standard, high-level telephone interview questions interspersed with 30-45 seconds of awkward dead air while the Talent Finder took notes.

I ended the call when the Talent Finder insisted upon collecting my full salary history in order to fully assess my candidacy and "justify" an appropriate salary should I ultimately receive a job offer. In explaining why this data is relevant (it's not) the Talent Finder disclosed that Empower tracks the salary data it collects from job applicants in an internal database it uses to assess/re-center the salaries of its own employees.

Aside from the fact that applicants' target salary, not salary history, is what's relevant, mining or harvesting personal data from job applicants - who often feel pressured into answering ANY question asked by interviewers - is a pretty disingenuous business practice.

Interview Questions

• Take me through your salary history for the jobs listed on your resume? (paraphrasing)   1 Answer

Client Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Empower Media (Cincinnati, OH) in January 2011.

Interview

Started with a phone interview with HR. Got asked in for a skill test and two 2:1 interviews. Thought they went well and was told I would hear from them soon. Never heard back. Followed up and was told the position was already filled.

Analyst Entry Level Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Empower Media (Cincinnati, OH) in April 2010.

Interview

-Contacted by HR manager, then on-site interview with 3 different groups of (2-3) people each from the specific department. HR manager said i would be contacted by the end of the week and never heard back even after following up.