Empower Retirement Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

1. Featured Interview

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenwood Village, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Empower Retirement (Greenwood Village, CO).

Interview

HR was pleasure to work with. They were very responsive in getting back with my questions. Most of the process was electronic and streamlined. It went very well.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions - Explain past work experiences. How well do you work with others. How do you handle working in a fast-pace enviroment. How well do you handle conflict.   Answer Question

Junior Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Empower Retirement.

Interview

The interview process was standard: phone screen with a recruiter, in-person with the hiring manager and next level manager, informal group meeting with the team (who seemed great). Everything after that was unbelievable. After extending an offer to me late Friday afternoon, they rescinded the offer on Monday because I didn't accept immediately. They claimed it showed "lack of excitement." Apparently they are looking for someone reactionary and opportunistic rather than rational and logical. The interview process took 16 days on their end, and apparently two days is too much for me to ask. Clearly integrity isn't valued at this company. The best I can say is that at least they revealed their true selves before I made the mistake of accepting the offer.

Interview Questions

• Standard: what are your strengths and weaknesses? Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Empower Retirement (Denver, CO) in February 2015.

Interview

Face to face with five managers. Total time was approximately 1 1/2 hours. Discussion was mostly about my previous work. Not any "test" questions such as write a query to do ... As it ended up, the one misleading thing that did occur during the interview was when I asked if they do design and code reviews (especially for a new hire), they answered absolutely. But when the time came for my first design review, they fell short. And there was never a code review. Seems like they were overwhelmed with work and didn't have time.

Interview Questions

• Describe your SQL experience   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenwood Village, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Empower Retirement (Greenwood Village, CO) in April 2012.

Interview

There was an initial phone interview for screening. This was followed by another phone interview. After this, an on-site interview was scheduled for face to face meeting with the project manager and individual team members. The overall process was relatively simple. The scheduler was accommodating on available times. It was a good experience.

Interview Questions

• Are you looking for a lead role or individual contributor role?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Empower Retirement in May 2018.

Interview

I first had a phone interview and then was contacted about a week later to set up an in person interview. Both the HR rep on the phone and hiring manager were very personable and the overall hiring process was enjoyable, especially because I got the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you turned a negative customer experience into a positive?   Answer Question

IT Employee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Empower Retirement.

Interview

The interview process took 25 days and conducted three interviews. All the three interviews were conducted back to back and recruiter followed well for arranging interviews. However, Its been two weeks and I havent heard back from recruiter for final decision. I sent a follow up email to recruiter but havent heard back. Overall experience is good for interview arrangements and interview style. Something missing is informing final decision as candidate expects a yes/no at the end of two to three weeks after the interview. Please expedite your process.

Internal Wholesaler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenwood Village, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Empower Retirement (Greenwood Village, CO).

Interview

Call from recruiter to gauge my interest in the position. 3-4 days later, I had a face to face interview with the sales manager that lasted about 45 minutes. 3 days later I spoke with the External Wholesaler I would be partnered with. 1 day later, I spoke with the National Sales Manager very quickly. I was offered the position 1 week after the last phone call.

Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Empower Retirement (Denver, CO).

Interview

Prequlaification with hr representative at their office. Appropriate skill level test, personality testing
    Interview with hiring manager and a meet and greet with the potential team. Job offer and it was interesting and a joyful period in my life when I got hired doing something different than what I was currently doing

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at Empower Retirement (Denver, CO) in February 2012.

Interview

Professional, Basic

really do not have much to say
    person who interviewed me was awesome, but ended up leaving after I started.

I had a phone interview and in-person with direct-report manager and then the regional office director.
    They were all awesome.

Interview Questions

• Asked about relationship skills? knowledge of retirement plans   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Empower Retirement in August 2011.

Interview

I applied online and interviewed in person with two managers. It was very cordial and light. Good interview with very friendly people. The questions were mixed with good real life situations.

Interview Questions

• How do you multi task? How do you deal with an angry client? Describe a time you couldn't help a client with what they needed and how you improved on it the next time.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Empower Retirement (Denver, CO) in August 2010.

Interview

The hiring process was better than most places. The HR team knows what they are doing that they are following up. I was assigned to on HR rep and dealt with him the whole time

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Great-West was great during the negotiation phase. They were reasonable and were quick to get back to me. I did not feel pressured. I am pretty happy with the negotiation phase.