Empyrean Benefit Solutions Business Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 15, 2017

2.4

12 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Empyrean Benefit Solutions (Houston, TX).

Interview

I was called in for an interview with a large group of people which was nerve wracking because I knew not everyone there was going to get the job. We all gathered in one large room for an overview session and were later distributed to individual rooms. Three different people come into the rooms separately for a short interview process. They asked their questions before they moved onto the next room to interview the next person. The interview discussions were overall pleasant, they asked few question and genuinely heard what I had to say to learn if I was good candidate.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Empyrean Benefit Solutions

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Empyrean Benefit Solutions (Houston, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

The interview process was mostly behavior questions. You may be interviewed by between 2 to 4 individuals with the same day. The interviewer will mostly go over you resume and prior experience.

Anonymous Employee in Meyerland, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Empyrean Benefit Solutions (Meyerland, TX) in August 2013.

Interview

Applied online and approximately 1 week later I was in the office interviewing. I interviewed with 9 people the first round and 3 on the second round. Really gave a good picture of the company culture.

Interview Questions

• Mostly asked about previous experiences typical behavioral interviews.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didnt have to negotiate.

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

Be yourself!

Interview Questions

• What are your long term goals and your short term goals?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Empyrean Benefit Solutions (Houston, TX) in December 2012.

Interview

I was called about an interview and had it in Houston at the office. The interview was with 5 separate people, each taking about 30 minutes each. All of the questions were typical behavioral questions. I was asked most of the same questions by everyone. All of the employees seemed nice and were pleasant. After the interview, I was told I would get a call within the next 2 weeks, but ended up getting a call 2 hours later offering the job. Overall, it was a good interview experience.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didn't attempt any negotiations.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Empyrean Benefit Solutions (Houston, TX) in March 2012.

Interview

Spent an entire day at the office in Houston Texas. Interviewing consecutively with 4 project managers, client service managers and other technical leads. Interviews were purely behavioral. The people were very nice and professional. There was also breakfast and lunch served. They have a present business analyst be your chaperone and escort you from one interview to the next throughout the process. It was a good experience.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation. I accepted purely because I had no other better offers at the time.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Empyrean Benefit Solutions in December 2011.

Interview

A long round of interviews with various managers through the company

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Was not able to negotiate

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Empyrean Benefit Solutions (Houston, TX) in December 2011.

Interview

Group interview and then a series of interviews with other managers throughout the company. An analyst is usually picked to act as a kind of mentor during this time.

Interview Questions

• A question involving scales.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation phase.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Empyrean Benefit Solutions (Houston, TX) in November 2011.

Interview

4 30 min interviews. I was able to meet many different employees at the company and the experience was positive. They ask a range of questions to test analytical skills and a few pointed questions about technical abilities. It is easy to shine with SQL experience.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Empyrean Benefit Solutions (Houston, TX) in April 2011.

Interview

The day started out with breakfast with employees of the company and about 11 other candidates followed by a short presentation by a few company executives.

The breakfast was followed by 4 interviews with people in various positions at the company. Most questions were behavioral interview questions, questions about past work experience, and school work. There were no case-study type questions to answer.

The interviews were followed by a short lunch and farewells.

Interview Questions

• What would your bosses from your past job say about you?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Although the offer was on the low end of what I expected, I did not negotiate as the benefit package was good and salary reviews occur only 6 months after starting.