Emtec Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.1

12 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Emtec (Chicago, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

One of their recruiters reached out to me about a week after I applied online. They set up a quick phone call to screen me the same week, and then I was told that they would set up a call with the department head and I (about a week after that). Both interviews were fairly straightforward. The latter was very specific and I was unprepared for some of the questions. This interview ran for about 45 minutes and I received feedback from the recruiter during the same week. Even though they decided not to move forward, it was nice to receive some feedback rather than absolute silence.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through a marketing campaign that you ran (step-by-step )

What is your marketing strategy?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Emtec (Chicago, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

There was only 2 rounds, one on campus, one in office. Last round was all behavioral. It was 5 one on one interview with management from different area. The Chicago location is mostly compromised of white males. The overall office culture gave me a bad feeling, the office area was mostly empty.

Interview Questions

Emtec Response

Nov 25, 2016 – Professional Services Sr. Recruiter

I believe this particular set of interviews took place on a Friday when many, who can, work from home. This would explain the quiet / empty office feeling.

Inclusion and diversity are fundamental... More

Software Test Engineer Interview

Application

I interviewed at Emtec in July 2017.

Interview

1st round is technical plus aptitude test for 75 min...there were 3 programs to code in c language...each question has 2 min except programming ...questions on objects oriented programming structure and c language

Software Development Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Emtec (Pune (India)) in July 2017.

Interview

It was my first experience of an interview in a MNC.
    There was an aptitude round (technical+quantitative)
    After that they had Two technical face to face interview.
    The first face to face interview went well.
    The second one was in depth and unfortunately couldn't get through.
    With much more in depth preparation cracking it would be easier......
    The interviewers were pleasant and helpful....

Junior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Emtec (Pune (India)) in July 2017.

Interview

There was first an apti round along with coding round.
    The shortlisted candidates were called on campus for face to face interview.
    First technical interview was easy and just focused on programming knowledge.
    The second technical interview was a little practical approach.

.NET Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Emtec (Pune (India)) in September 2016.

Interview

HR was very good and humble. Offered water and coffee as soon as i reached. Then initiated my interview process.
    there were 3-4 rounds, of which i got rejected in third round.
    1st round : written test (coding + apti + technical apti.),
    2nd round : F2F technical
    3rd round : F2F technical

Technical Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Emtec (Pune (India)) in April 2016.

Interview

4 levels of interview: Initially with HR, then 2 other technical interviews. Consulting company and is looking for candidates good in architecture design and thorough technical background. CRM (Dynamics and Salesforce), analytics, Mobile, cloud are some of the technologies that they are looking to hire for. Interviewers are courteous. Quick and too the point.

Interview Questions

• Designing enterprise applications, interconnectivity for distributed applications   1 Answer

Software Tester Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Emtec (Pune (India)) in October 2015.

Interview

First they conducted a written apti and then they had 2 technical rounds and then hr round. I cleared the apti and first technical round . the second technical round I did not cleared it. They asked questions regarding testing and http. The apti was a technical one with database and query questions

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Emtec (Pune (India)) in March 2015.

Interview

There were 4 total rounds.

Round 1: This was technical aptitude written test. It had 15 questions (regarding C# core concepts, Web form apps and winform apps), programs (linked list, binary tree, stack) and queries based on the given scenario.

Round 2, 3: These were technical interviews. Both the interviewers were very polite and helpful. They asked me questions regarding C#, ASP.NET, MVC, WCF and SQL.

I got rejected in the third round. I didn't felt bad, since I was not fully prepared. But overall experience was very good.

Interview Questions

• I can't recall all the questions. But here are few questions that I remember.

WCF:
      How do you achieve security in WCF?
      What are the different contracts in WCF?
      What is the endpoint in WCF?
      What are the different ways to consume the WCF service?

OOP:
      What are the different OOP concepts?
      What is polymorphism? Difference between overloading, overriding.
      What is abstract class, interface?
      Why C# does not allow multiple inheritance? What is the alternative to achieve it?

Programs:
      Asterisk pyramid
      Single digit sum of the digits

ASP.NET:
      Session, Application object
      Page life cycle
      What setup is required to use windows authentication?
      Forms authentication

MVC:
      Techniques to send data from controller to view
      How request processing is done?
      Significance of the MVC controller's parameter less constructor

jQuery, javascript
      What is JSON?
      Result of: "555" + 5, "555" - 5?
      What is object in JavaScript?
      What is differed object in jQuery? Parameters present in deferred .then() method?

SQL:
      Isolation levels
      Error handling
      For the following tables, how many rows should be returned for innter join, left join and right join?
      [Table A] [Table B]
          Col1 Col1
      ----------- ------------
           1   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Emtec (Pune (India)) in November 2013.

Interview

I applied for .net developer position through company's career page.First round was online technical test, they said that they conduct this round for candidate below 3 years of experience.
    Technical test was bit difficult.There were multiple question related to XML manipulation in .net, WCF related questions, oops,remoting, ado.net
    Second round was technical interview, interviewer asked me typical .net related interview questions.
    After that hr came & asked me some questions like introduction, family background.
    After that there was another technical interview, interviewer asked me about oops,ado.net,web services,singleton pattern

Interview Questions

• Can there be multiple null values in column which have unique constraint set?   1 Answer
    • if there is a situation where we need to fetch millions of records from db what can be done to improve performance?   Answer Question