Emulex Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Emulex Interview Questions

ASIC Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Emulex.

Interview

Had a brief phone interview to go over my resume I submitted. A hour after the phone interview, I got an on-site interview. On the on-site interview I had multiple engineers talk to me about all the projects I did. There were some technical questions asking about digital design and Verilog.

Interview Questions

• Whats the difference between blocking and non-blocking statements.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Emulex.

Interview

Applied at Career Fair on campus, then HR called for phone-screening-interview.
    There was the second phone interview with a manager of engineering.
    Last was on-site-interview. It was a group and 1:1 interview.

Firmware Engineer Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Emulex.

Interview

The company came to the job fair. Got a mail for a after a 3 weeks for availability. Then got a mail for internship position after 3 weeks. The interview covered topics from computer architecture, CAN bus, static and volatile variables, and then he dived into pointers.

Interview Questions

• Asked about computer architecture and types of hazards and how to resolve hazards.. Wasn't difficult, but was unexpected.   Answer Question

Hardware Engineer Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Emulex.

Interview

I was interviewed at the College fest where I was asked basic questions on the resume and then I was given an online test to complete in next 4 days. The online test consisted pretty much basic C level questions which were difficult to complete in the given amount of time.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult part is to finish the test in the given amount of time.   Answer Question

Interview

Phone first and On-site second

Interview Questions

• Very specific with your previous experience. Have to remember everything correctly and in detail.   Answer Question

Testing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Emulex (San Jose, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

had phone interview with sr. testing engineer asking various linux kernel questions.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Emulex.

Interview

C- structs, pointers, programming skills, script-perl

Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Emulex (Costa Mesa, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

Process was fast paced and questions weren't too technical. All were geared toward experience and projects listed on my resume.

Interview Questions

• Design a memory buffer for incoming packets of varying size so that you don't waste any memory locations.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Salary is negotiable but they came with a fair rate so I didn't counter offer.

Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Emulex (Austin, TX).

Interview

ASIC Pre-silicon Validation engineering Internship

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Emulex (San Jose, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

First round is the telephonic interview round
    - Basic networking related question, mostly on Layer 2 of OSI model.
    Second round is the On-site interview round with the hiring manager and few expertise.
    - Question about details working of protocols and in-depth knowledge about the hand-on experience with networking devices such as switches and servers.
    Third round is another on-site round with the team members.
    - Questions to understand what kind of team player you are and your attitude towards the team members in terms of sharing knowledge and past experience. The more friendly you are with the team mates, more comfortable your third round of interview will be.

Interview Questions

• In-depth knowledge about protocols mentioned on your resume. Be very well prepared for those.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation upto the interviewee skills set.