Enaxis Consulting Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 19, 2017

3.3

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Enaxis Consulting (Houston, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

Begins with phone screen, then 3 interviews. First interview is a standard behavioral, next interview is a case study, and final interview is behavioral with one of the partners. Interview process is fairly straightforward. It is expected that you use this time to get to know the company as well, so make sure to ask real, intelligent questions

Interview Questions

• Which part of the company interests you the most?   1 Answer

IT Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Enaxis Consulting (Houston, TX) in November 2014.

Interview

Initial screening over the phone. Followed by 30 minute first round interview with 2 consultants at the Greenway Office. A week later got the second round (case) interview. Had to prepare slides based on the case within 30 minutes and present to two consultants. Last and final round is with founding partner. The guy seemed very arrogant and asked questions which had nothing to do with the job or career

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with team conflict? What's your greatest career achievement? Why do you want to work for us? Where do you see the future of this industry?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Enaxis Consulting (Houston, TX) in June 2014.

Interview

3 levels of interview (after initial phone screening interview) including a case study in which you present the outcome to 2 Interviewers - mostly Manager and Senior Manager level. A feedback is provided within 2 weeks of each interview.

The interviewers were quite friendly and encouraged you to settle down if they sense some nervousness. In general, they are after your skills, experience and what you will do in different scenarios.

Once you pass the first round, the second will be a case study to test your analysis and reasoning skills and also your presentation skills then you get to meet the partner if all goes well...and the offer if you get past the partner.

Interview Questions

• How do you manage stakeholders/project sponsor when something is wrong with your project   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Enaxis Consulting in October 2013.

Interview

Met with Partner, a few Senior Managers, and then did a case study interview. The meetings with management were very conservative and not overwhelming or intense. There was a clear focus on understanding match for both parties to ensure this was a right fit in terms of goals, skills, experience, and commitment.

Interview Questions

• Case study interview tests not only your ability to analyze a business problem, but also your ability to perform some excel analysis of raw data, and present your findings to an audience. Ensure you skills are up-to-date and you are not intimated speaking to a panel, and answering questions that test your logic.   Answer Question

Change Management Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Enaxis Consulting in December 2012.

Interview

I had a phone and in person interview with this company. My phone interview went great and I was very excited to have an in person interview with the company. My first interview was set up on a Friday at 3, I got a call at 2:30 from the office saying they had to reschedule my interview because the person interviewing me was in a meeting. Ok, first red flag but I let it go and went ahead and rescheduled the interview and drove the 40 minute commute home. My second interview I arrived at the office and waited while the rest of the office was goofing off. Not a negative for me, but an observation. When I was showed into my room, the two men interviewing me did not have my resume or file on them. So I provided my updated resumes to them and we started the interview. Throughout the interview I felt like I was being attacked about my answers and personal life! I have interviewed with many companies but never have I ever been interrogated in this manner. One man (who I will not name) kept telling me he was not buying my HONEST answers and I had to sell them to him. Now don’t get me wrong, I was being honest and truthful but yet he wanted me to come up with a lie in order to meet his expectations. They flat out asked me if I was married and had children, which is ILLEGAL. I answered honestly and then they came back at me how I was going to handle the LONG HOUR demands of their clients being a single mother. Also, I got interrogated as to why I am in graduate school!? IU got asked questions such as "Well are you going to leave the company when you get your degree?", "Are you willing to drop your program to meet the needs of our company?", then the icing on the cake, "If you do not get a promotion or a raise in 5 years, are you going to leave the company?"!!!

Now it may just be me, but these questions are not something you want to be asking a candidate on an interview. If I want to get a master’s it is my personal business and a goal of mine. I understand they might have been worried about the retention rate of their employees but this is not the way to go about it.

There is so much more I could say about the interview but I feel I have already written too much for a simple review. Overall, I was invited back for the second round and quickly declined. I do not want to work for a company who had indicated to me that there are long hours, no raises or promotions for 5 year periods and does not value my education as an asset for my position (which my degree is directly related to) AND most importantly who sees me being a single mother as a hindrance on completing a job.

May work for some people, but for me I am more than happy working for a different company.

Interview Questions

• They were skeptical of my ability to do my job while being a single mother. Not only was this illegal to even ask but is a huge form of discrimination. Too many red flags for me and not a company I want to be associated with.

Just my .02 cents
      Answer Question

Enaxis Consulting Response

Oct 31, 2013 – Talent Director

I just came across this and would like to reply even though it has been a while since it occurred. I understand your frustration at not being hired, but I was very surprised to read this, as every ... More

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Enaxis Consulting (Houston, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

Overall, I enjoyed the interview process. I had the opportunity to meet with several people in the company, so there was no doubt if I would be a cultural fit. None of the questions were too difficult or outside what I expected.

Interview Questions

• Nothing out of the norm - Work history, experience, reason for interest in Enaxis   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Enaxis Consulting (Houston, TX) in July 2014.

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter focusing on fit and willingness to work for Enaxis, in person interview focusing on fit and polish. In person case study focusing on analytical capabilities and presentation skills. Finally partner interview. Found the partner interview to be the most challenging simply because the partners are most engaged in ensuring fit with company culture.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Enaxis Consulting (Houston, TX) in August 2014.

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter. Found me through Linked-In. Two additional Interviews with Principal and Senior Principal in person at the Houston office. Final step was a case study before receiving an offer. Process took one month.

Interview Questions

• Case study completed for a IT Change Management role. Did not fit my background. Told this to the recruiter.   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Enaxis Consulting (Houston, TX).

Interview

Recruiter trolls LinkedIn for possible candidates.
    Initial phone interview is scheduled with the recruiter if you're interested. Then if you have potential, a second phone interview is scheduled with a consultant. Then there is an in-person interview to complete a 90 minute case study (60 minutes to prepare your PPT, then 30 minutes to present to 2 consultants).
    Last interview is with one of the owners.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Offer was significantly lower than what was discussed so had to negotiate for more.

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Enaxis Consulting (Houston, TX).

Interview

Recruiter trolls LinkedIn, etc. and reviews resumes submitted and then contacts possible candidates; phone interviews with recruiter, in-person interviews with founders and employees at various levels including a case interview designed to test reasoning, I.T. knowledge, PowerPoint, and Excel skills; after input from all interviewers, founders decide on whether to make offer or not

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They reject many candidates as making too much and will also agree that they can make a given compensation range, but may put a much lower number in the offer with limited ability to negotiate it upwards