Encana Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 21, 2017

2.7

Spatial Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Encana (Denver, CO) in August 2017.

Interview

I think this is the kind of interview everyone hopes for. The HR rep was extremely clear, thorough and helpful. The interview was with a panel of 5 people who took turns asking mostly behavioral questions with some technical probing. They were the nicest people and really seemed like they enjoyed working at Encana and appreciative of each other as teammates. I wish it would've worked out that I was a fit for the position, but even though I didn't get an offer there were no hard feelings. They were extremely professional and upfront throughout the whole process.

The hiring manager seemed to have read my cover letter and resume thoroughly which I think is a rarity these days. The whole interview team was well prepared, and asked thoughtful questions. Their answers to my questions were very clear and gave me a good idea about the position. There was no whiteboard or any other in depth technical evaluation, though this was for a temporary position so that may have factored in.

Interview Questions

• How do you communicate with people of different backgrounds (e.g., field technicians)?   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Encana in January 2017.

Interview

It felt competative, but also pretty comfortable. All interviewers were kind and focused listeners. Overall the process did not take too long, and Encana did an excellent job of preparing and informing throughout the whole process for the first day of work.

Interview Questions

• What is something that you've done in the past year that will help prepare you for this job?   Answer Question

N/A Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Encana in December 2016.

Interview

I had a couple phone interviews with HR, and then flew across the country for an in-person interview. They asked basic questions and some asking what you would do in the situation. Some of the interviewers were nice and interested, but a couple seemed really stressed and were projecting some of their issues with their current role onto the interview. It took a couple months to hear back, I'm pretty sure I was the second choice and they were hashing it out with another candidate before getting back to me. They had a third party call all three of my references from Canada and talked to them for about half an hour each. In addition to being very time consuming, they were at work and weren't sure if they'd get international phone charges. HR was very nice, it was just an incredibly long process.

Interview Questions

• The questions were like how would you proceed in certain scenarios, safety culture, relationships between different departments, nothing too tricky.   Answer Question

Operations Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Encana (Denver, CO).

Interview

Met with the HR Rep to begin with to go over basics, then met with the Team Leader and their Supervisor as well as the person who was in the position at the time. It was helpful to have that person in there to be able to ask them specific questions the position.

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Encana (Denver, CO) in November 2014.

Interview

My interview was set up by a coordinator, who was very professional. The interview took place in a conference room and was divided into two portions. First I met with the coordinator who let me know about the company benefits -- awesome! -- and the second part of the interview was with the supervisor and a co-worker. Questions were the very basic questions you would expect about background and experience along with what I had to offer the company. The company culture came across as very relaxed and supportive. All in all a very good interview!

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult or unexpected. Very nice conversation.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Encana (Denver, CO) in November 2014.

Interview

Detailed with 2 other Admins, lasted about 45 minutes and reviewed various information about ECA and being an admin. Tested my knowledge of the company and industry. Made sure personality aligned with others.

Interview Questions

• What do you do when you have downtime at work?   1 Answer

Supply Management Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Encana.

Interview

The interview process was actually very enjoyable. I made contact at a university career fair. I was lucky enough to be called back for a pre-interview dinner and then the interview the next day. Dinner was awesome and as you know, an interview in itself. The dinner made the interview a lot more enjoyable and they smiled a lot. I joked a lot and still managed to maintain a professional approach. They contacted me about two days after my interview. And told me I got the job! I am so excited!!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

N/a

Geology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Encana (Houston, TX) in September 2014.

Interview

I interviewed with Encana at a AAPG Student Expo. The two recruiters that interviewed me had laid back personalities. They made the interview fun and not stressful at all. I was told I was one of their top candidates from the event. However, I was not selected as a final candidate for the position once final decisions were made a few weeks later. Encana decided to go with candidates from campuses that they recruit at regularly.

Interview Questions

• Mostly standard interview questions, such as the following: What do you know about Encana?; and Why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Accounting Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Encana.

Interview

They held a meet and greet at my university, the day before interviews were to be held. We were able to meet with interviewers ahead of time, and that helped to ease the interview jitters and I felt like the interview was more of a conversation than 'being grilled.'

Interview Questions

• Explain a time where you felt like you failed, and what you did to overcome that.   Answer Question

Interview

Group interview with Lead and three other staff members. Discussed previous projects, showed evidence of attention to detail, organization and communication skills