Encore Capital Group Attorney Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.5

2 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Attorney Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Encore Capital Group (San Diego, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

First a phone interview from recruiter. Than a phone interview with the managing attorney in NY City, Then a face to face interview with managing attorney and office staff. Then they flew me to San Diego where I was round robin interviewed by 7 managers.

Interview Questions

• How do you see the industry evolving in the next 10 years.   1 Answer

Attorney Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Encore Capital Group in December 2011.

Interview

The interview process consisted of an initial phone screening with the recruiter. Two days later the recruiter called back and discussed the position with me in greater detail. Once the recruiter determined that I was a "good fit" to continue in the process I was scheduled for my next phone interview with a State Attorney in another office. The next day I spoke with a State attorney from the Texas office who explained the overall operation, "Encore way," and asked me questions to determine my qualifications for the positions. The recruiter called again and advised that the attorney that I was going to move to the next phase of the process and a few days later I had another phone interview--this time with a VP from the corporate office from San Diego, CA. About two weeks later the recruiter called me back and advised that instead of having me speak to their COO I was going to be flown to California to interview with him and meet the rest of the team. Therefore, I was flown to San Diego and I had a full day ofo one-on-one interviews with six or seven people. In addition, I was flown to San Antonio to meet the attorney who I spoke I initially interview with.

I sent a follow-up thank you letter to the team upon returning home from my trip. The recruiter responded right after the holidays and advised that everyone really enjoyed meeting me and I should be hearing from them soon--once the team completed all of their interviews. However, to date the company never even sent me a letter to inform me that I was not extended an offer. I can live with not been extended an offer of employment, but I was truly disappointed with the unprofessional manner in which it was communicated--or in this case not communicated.

The interview questions are all the standard, usual questions. Don't over-prepare or sound "rehearsed." Simply know about the position in which you are applying. Be the "expert" regarding your position. It will help to have knowledge about the company as a whole as well. The individuals conducting the interviews were polished and friendly and assuming someone gets back to you either way once you are granted an interview your experience should be a professional one.

Good luck!

Interview Questions

• How do you know that this work environment is going to be any better than your last one?   1 Answer