Encyclopædia Britannica Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 4, 2017

2.7

Curriculum Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Encyclopædia Britannica (New York, NY).

Interview

Submitted resume via email at the bottom of the job description. Received a call from the hiring manager within days. Phone interview lasted about 30 minutes. Email a week later stating I wasn't selected for the next phase. Couldn't give an explanation why per HR

Interview Questions

• What's the difference between training, teaching and sales?

Why should we hire you for this position?

Tell me about yourself?   Answer Question

Assistant Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Encyclopædia Britannica (Chicago, IL) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview process was a bit too long and disorganized, but the actual interactions with people were pleasant, engaging, and professional. It took exactly 3 months for the entire process to unfold, with weeks between contact. The interviews themselves (phone, 1 on 1, and group interviews) were good. The people were thoughtful, kind, and engaging. I also felt that they were very forthright in their answers and questions.

Interview Questions

• Was there a time that you were responsible for planning the timelines and development work required for a project?   Answer Question

Clerk Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Encyclopædia Britannica.

Interview

The interview was relaxed but to the point. It was clear they valued getting to know me as a prospective employee on top of finding out what my experiences were and how they could be beneficial. Overall it was a good experience. Not in any way pretentious or intimidating, just straight to the fact. I interviewed with 3 people, I am not sure if this is standard or not, but each took turns asking questions.

Copyeditor Interview

Interview

Received a phone call about a week and a half after applying online, interviewed the following week. Straightforward interview with member of the editorial team. There tests on proofing (proof LOTS of errors in limited time), trivia (cover a lot of random bases, but none are terribly difficult; multiple choice), and spelling (reaalllly easy, don't sweat it).

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Encyclopædia Britannica.

Interview

Phone interview. Met in person with upper management teams. Very casual. Walked the floor, saw most of the people on facebook, email etc. Ha!

Interview Questions

There was a lack of ownership/responsibility from management. It was a "if you make your quota, you'll be fine" type of thought.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Encyclopædia Britannica (Chicago, IL) in April 2011.

Interview

The entire interview process was fairly quick and painless. From the date I applied to the date I accepted the offer, it took less than 2 weeks total. There was an initial phone screen where they assessed your technical knowledge in the areas they had outlined on their job description. The phone screen took around 15-20 minutes.

Next, I was brought in for a full day of interview with the other developers and technical management team. I was also asked to do a pair programming exercise.

Interview Questions

• Why would you declare a variable static vs final and static?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Encyclopædia Britannica.

Interview

First round was aptitude test.The questions were quite easy and many of us qualified the round.
    Second round was technical test.The questions were from Android development , javascript , JSON and XML.
    The qualifiers of the technical round had interview and they were informed on the spot if they were selected or not.

Interview Questions

• write the code for video player(we had to replace the first 4 bits with 1100)   Answer Question

Web Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jalandhar, Punjab (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Encyclopædia Britannica (Jalandhar, Punjab (India)) in March 2017.

Interview

First: Aptitude Round,
    second: company presentation round
    third: common computer science questions (basic knowledge required [Networking, DBMS, C++] ),
    Fourth: coding round (knowledge of JSON, XML, JSP, etc)
    There was a option to choose either coding round or MCQ round, both for different profiles.
    Coding round : Long term internship
    MCQ: Short term internship

Interview Questions

• The technologies you are interested in!   1 Answer

Interview

HR round, Interview with Publishing manager, test on editing skills and finally interview with managing director

Interview Questions

• Even though publishing is a low paying job, why do you want to be in publishing?   Answer Question