Enel X Business Development Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Enel X Business Development Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at Enel X

3.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Interview

Long process. First you'll be contacted by a recruiter who will want to speak to you a few times on the phone -- will ask questions about what you're doing now, why you'd be ready for this job, why you want this specific job and why you want to work at EnerNOC. They're basically trying to screen how badly you want to work for the company and gage if you would be successful at the company. From there, you'll have a phone interview with a hiring manager who will ask really tough questions. They'll ask you to pitch one of their products and make a sale. This is what I tripped up on and wasn't offered a second interview. Regardless it was a good experience, and everyone I spoke to was really nice/professional.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Enel X

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Enel X (Boston, MA) in June 2015.

Interview

Submitted application and was given a call from the recruiter. Did the usual how are you, hows the weather, etc and I actually thought I made it past the interview because of my background in the energy industry, but it was not to be. I didn't make it past the first round, but what irritated me was that I the rejection letter I got. I got the default letter that they send everybody that I was a great candidate, however it also mentioned that my background did not align with the company's interests, which was not true, and that was what irritated me. The recruiter was relatively new to the company and I thought the final decision was very harsh.

Business Development Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Enel X.

Interview

About a month, started with phone interviews and wrapped up with in three in person interviews. Recruiting/HR contact was very helpful. In person interviews varied from good to terrible. One team leader admitted they had not reviewed my file and implied they had very little interest in my candidacy, which was surprising given the level of vetting I received to get to that point.

Interview Questions

• Questions varied from product knowledge to communication ability. Not many trick questions, but a generally high level conversation throughout.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Enel X (San Jose, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

4 phone screens with Sales Managers around the US then an in-person with the direct managers. They are looking for someone presentable but they also need someone that is not looking for a glamorous job as much of the client base is blue collar.

Interview Questions

• Why did are you interested in us and energy management in general?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Enel X (Boston, MA) in July 2015.

Interview

3 stop process:
    - Initial phone screen with HR
    - Secondary phone screen with one of the inside sales managers
    - In person interview meeting with each of the inside sales managers and the director of inside sales

you will typically hear the decision from HR a few days after your in person interview

There is a requirement for past sales experience. 1-2 years at minimum

Interview Questions

• What were some of the leading indicators at your last position?   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiation occured