Enel X Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Enel X Interview Questions

Interviews at Enel X

Interview

On the phone interview with a few people, then an in person case study and series of interviews. Often similar to what you would experience for a case study. Quick responses to whether you will be moved to the next stage or not.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see the future of energy management headed.   Answer Question

Procurement Operations Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Enel X in December 2019.

Interview

The interview was pretty brief. They have a great HR staff and my potential manager was quite friendly. I will be heading to third rounds soon and look forward too it.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Enel X?
      How are your Excel skills?
      Tell me about a time where you had to make a difficult decision?   Answer Question

Project Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Enel X.

Interview

Recruiter was easy to talk to and knowledgeable about the role and company. He had some good insight into the product which is sometimes hard to find. He set me up with the hiring manager and I'm still waiting on next steps.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel you're going to handle a transition from wind to battery storage/solar?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Enel X (Boston, MA) in May 2018.

Interview

Met with multiple managers in person and via skype conference. Most behavioral questions, but can be technical. Started off with mostly behavioral, then a more senior interviewer came in for a deeper 1 on 1.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Enel X (Boston, MA) in March 2018.

Interview

It was very pleasant. Professional and timely behavior. Informed about all the required material in advance. The screen interview was very informational and helpful. They give you a background about the job and the company for you to be well prepared for the main interview.

Interview Questions

• Why Enel X? Why enter the energy sector?   1 Answer

Senior Sales Operations and Proposals Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Enel X (Boston, MA) in February 2018.

Interview

I applied to the position on their website. I was contacted by a recruiter from the company and we setup a initial screen call. After the call with the recruiter I was asked to speak to the hiring manager on the phone. The recruiter from this point forward was very unprofessional. Recruiter gave me some time blocks to choose from and I stated which time would work for me but the recruiter never replied to confirm the interview was going to take place at that time( I even emailed again to try to confirm the time and my email was ignored). Recruiter also did not even give me the hiring managers name or title. Luckily I was available when the hiring manager called. I spoke to the hiring manager for over a hour and the call seemed to go well and I was told I would hear back but I never received any rejection email. Definitely not a good sign if that is how they treat their employment candidates.

Real Time Energy Analyst NOC Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Enel X (Boston, MA).

Interview

Interview was professional on the phone. During my in person interview the hiring managers left to deal with "an anomaly" and came back with laptops open and distracted. When the interview was over I waited for 20 minutes to thank the managers for the opportunity. Nobody came to see me out so I left having not thanked them. Very awkward interview. 1 month later I received 3 different emails from 3 different people thanking me for taking interest in the company. It seemed a bit disorganized.

Program Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Enel X (Boston, MA).

Interview

Contact via email to set up a phone interview with recruiter. Responded with availability and was never contacted again. Followed up with contact at company and still received no reply. Incredibly unprofessional and sloppy.

Utility Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Enel X (Boston, MA) in December 2017.

Interview

There were 2 rounds. 1st round was with the Hiring Manager and 2nd round was with the team. It was a 1 hour interview with a total of 4 teammates from the Utility Operations team.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle conflict between you and another employee.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Enel X.

Interview

Had a reference in the company who I got a phone interview through. Did the phone interview, which went okay. Got invited for a 2hr interview (8 people-30min, 2 on 1). Everyone I interviewed graduated from an Ivy or top school, which was a bit nerve inducing.
    The job description is vague at best so I asked everyone who was in a position to answer to provide a bit more detail about what 'activities' they actually performed for the job. All seemed to avoid directly answering the question.
    Overall there weren't many technical questions they asked. They were looking for a lot of soft skills. Most of the people I spoke with were hired directly out of UG or internship and have only worked at Enernoc. They were quick to tell me how cool and unique their culture was (beers w/ the team, friends w/ coworkers, etc.), but it looked and felt like most big tech companies. To that end, the makeup of the employees walking around was very male and very white, not much diversity.
    HR told me he would get in touch with me in the next week or two 'either way'. He didn't, I reached out, no answer.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe what Enernoc does for me? Aka-testing your knowledge on the company. You should know they were recently acquired by Enel and what that means (or ask what that means) for the company.
      Have some foundation of knowledge about the energy industry because they will ask.
      Tell me a time behavior questions were scattered throughout the interviews, but most flowed like conversations.   Answer Question