Enel X Site Reliability Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Enel X

1 Interview Review

4.0

Site Reliability Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Enel X (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in October 2014.

Interview

In chronological order, noted by number of days elapsed since application. Encountered some delays due to scheduling difficulty and need for air travel.

Day 5. Pre-screen phone call is composed of generic questions.
Day 14. Some difficulties scheduling second phone interview. But once I actually got on call, had a great time talking with the interviewer. Wanted to keep talking but ran out of time.
Day 14. Start programming challenge, complete within 24 hours.
Day 21. Third interview by phone is brief, followed by recommendation for in-person interview.
Day 33. Technical and character interviews in the morning followed by free lunch and board games with the team. More interviews in the afternoon, followed by a few hours of pair programming. A great day, really. Same day fly-in, fly-out.
Day 36. Offer of employment presented.
Day 41. Signed agreement of employment.

I think there were six interviews in total, three by phone and three in-person. I heard from one of the employees that this was an unusual process, and may have been unique to me as an out-of-town applicant. Overall it was a very positive experience.

Interview Questions

• I recall being asked one especially difficult question, but I don't recall the specifics of it. In the future I would want to bring a notepad to all interviews.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Fair offer, limited room for negotiation. When initially asked about salary expectations, you should only provide the number at the top of your range.