Enercon Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Enercon Services Interview Questions

Interviews at Enercon Services

2.8

Civil Engineer Interview

Interview

I attended career fair on campus, talked to a person there. I got called for a on campus interview a few days later and had a short 30 minute interview. I got a call a few weeks later for the on site interview. Interview was very long and I talked to a few people. Generally friendly.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Enercon Services (Gainesville, FL) in February 2015.

Interview

Met with a recruiter on a campus job fair and received an email the next day inviting me to an on-campus interview. I met with a senior mechanical engineer who conducted the interview. It was mostly a behavioral interview, asking basic questions. Nothing technical or logic related. The interview lasted about 30-40 minutes.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kennesaw, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Enercon Services (Kennesaw, GA) in April 2018.

Interview

Interview process was very easy. It was a meeting with some members from the team and then lunch with some other members. They asked about my experiences and challenges. Standard interview questions.

HERE IS THE KICKER.

4 days before starting my position, Enercon rescinded the offer. I had moved across country and paid for a new apartment and everything. They did this because I had a speeding ticket on my driving record. Mind you, I hold a top secret clearance and have gone through the most extensive background checks by the US government. Enercon decided to pass up top talent due to a speeding ticket. The driving record requirement WAS NOT mentioned at all during the interview process.

It says a lot about the company.

I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND ENERCON TO ANYONE.

I WOULD ADVISE CURRENT EMPLOYEES TO RETHINK.

Interview Questions

• They read questions from a packet of possible questions.   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Enercon Services in September 2015.

Interview

Met a staff engineer at a my university career fair. We talked for a fair amount of time, and it felt very much like a "pre-interview" interview, where he asked about how I heard about them, what I was interested in, some parts about my resume, and a little bit of small talk to judge personality. I felt comfortable through out the conversation and was excited about the interview the next day. The next day was a much more formal interview on campus, where I met with a very senior level mechanical engineer/manager. It was hard to tell if he was simply tired of interviewing or not a very personable guy, but the conversation was a completely different tone compared to the conversation the day before. Purely situational interview problems. Started out the interview with extremely negative questions (worst assets, times that you failed, ethical dilemmas), and then moved into harder questions about leadership and management. I thought the questions were poorly chosen for an entry level mechanical engineer (very little about technical competence), and would be better fit for a mid-level management position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time where your ethics where challenged, and what did you do about them?   1 Answer
    • Define Leadership.   Answer Question

Entry Level Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kennesaw, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Enercon Services (Kennesaw, GA) in October 2015.

Interview

I was flown to Atlanta which is the headquarters for the Southeast. It was a competitive interview with two other candidates. First we met in a conference room and an HR representative gave us an overview of the company as well as their benefits package. After that, there were three interviews with different managers and we were released after that.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time in your professional or social life where you came across a challenge that kept knocking you down and how did you respond?   Answer Question

Civil/Structural Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Enercon Services (Atlanta, GA) in October 2015.

Interview

Met with the Supervisor of the Civil/Structural Group, Atul Patel. We discussed my personality and the company 1:1. Mainly was asked about my experiences from school as this was my first job and then was asked questions about my personality and how I operated within a team. Overall it was a more relaxed interview process.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you were the leader of a team and things were not going well.   Answer Question

Civil/Structural Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kennesaw, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Enercon Services (Kennesaw, GA) in October 2015.

Interview

Spoke to a representative at the Career Fair, Got called for the 1st round of interview which lasted for an hour. Upon qualifying, got the call for 2nd round, which lasted for 6 hours

Interview Questions

• Technical questions relating to structural engineering   Answer Question
    • Questions concerning leadership, as in how I would perform in different scenarios and examples of similar scenarios from the past   Answer Question

Entry-Level Structural Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Enercon Services in September 2015.

Interview

I met with Enercon through a University career fair and was given the option to schedule an interview the next day. It was a simple screening interview with regular behavioral questions. The person interviewing me was a new senior-level hire and was very friendly and relaxed. He had a sheet of questions he had to go to, and did it a bit like a chore, but I was still able to have a normal conversation with him in between questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to learn software very quickly? How did you do it?   Answer Question

Civil/Structural Engineer Entry Level Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kennesaw, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Enercon Services (Kennesaw, GA) in November 2016.

Interview

The whole process was longer than I expected (approximately 3 hours). This is because there were four different "levels". I first arrived with another candidate for the position and an HR rep told us about the benefits of working there and a little bit about the company. They split us up and they took me to one of the client engineering leads. He was there with the Civil Rep and Mech Rep and they asked standard interview questions. Next was a Civil Project lead for a different client. It was more of a dialogue with him. Finally it was with I presumed to be the lead Civil/Structural guy. Overall I was very impressed by how candor each person was when talking about the company. They earnestly cared about making sure my expectations were accurate and what would be appropriately expected from me as a new hire.

Interview Questions

• What have you heard about this company prior to now?
      Where do you want to be/what do you want to be doing in 5 years?   Answer Question

Distribution Designer - Power Delivery Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Enercon Services (Atlanta, GA) in September 2018.

Interview

There were two interviews: on-campus and on-site interview. Both interviews were not technical, but rather focused on getting to know myself and asking me personal questions. Both times, there was more than one interviewer at the time of the interview.

Interview Questions

• Where do I see myself five years from now?   1 Answer