Energy Transfer Partners Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Energy Transfer Partners Interview Questions

Updated May 3, 2017

1.6

Gas Controller Interview

Interview

Received a call from the HR for a phone interview then interviewed with the manager a few weeks later. Received the job offer. Submitted all the paperwork that was requested by HR. Started a few weeks later.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a disagreement with a customer?   2 Answers

Level II Help Desk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carrollton, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Energy Transfer Partners (Carrollton, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

Was contacted by a staffing agency who then submitted over my resume. I was chosen as a candidate to interview and was then given an interview time. I went to the interview at the main office and was interviewed by the Help Desk Manager and his Manager. They were very upfront with the job and requirements but it was also a laid back interview. I was offered the position that same day.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Energy Transfer Partners in November 2016.

Interview

I was referred to an application for an internship position. They contacted me soon after to set up a phone interview. After the interview it was more than a month before hearing back from them.

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Energy Transfer Partners (Dallas, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

Outside recruiter sent my resume over, Went in for an interview. The interview was more of a conversation between me and 2 other employees (director and manager) for 2 hours than an actual interview. I was very impressed with the office and the intelligence of the employees that ETP has.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your oil and gas compliance experience at Big 4.   Answer Question

Operations Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Energy Transfer Partners in October 2015.

Interview

HR and hiring manager offered me the job and reduced it almost a week later due to miscommunication which i later declined. Apart from that the interview process was smooth.

Senior SAP SUPPORT ANALYST Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Energy Transfer Partners (San Antonio, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

Interviewed through a recruiter. Once the recruiter felt comfortable with my skills she referred me to a hiring manager at ETP. I met them a week or so later and the interview was very informal. Met with the hiring manager (very nice woman) and it was more conversational. She wanted to get to know me more than gauge my skills, and once she felt comfortable with me we moved through the process.

Interview Questions

• More conversational than any specific questions   1 Answer

Fleet Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Monahans, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Energy Transfer Partners (Monahans, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

It was short sweet and very easy! Loved my boss. I was very nervous and she made everything seem not as tense she was a very sweet lady! I would have loved staying with the company if we wouldn't have had the merger I think I would have still been there..

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Energy Transfer Partners (San Antonio, TX) in January 2014.

Interview

HR contacted me and we discussed a date for an interview
    I called into a conference call with 3 interviewers and we discussed my job history, school, and personal experiences
    Received an offer the following week

Interview Questions

• How do you solve a problem and can you give an example?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Energy Transfer Partners (Houston, TX).

Interview

One interview, lasted about 45 minutes. I met with a company director and his admin (my predecessor). I received a job offer months after this initial (and only) interview, but I heard nothing before that. I underwent drug screening and other orientation benefit processes my first day on the job.

Interview Questions

• Not applicable. This was a completely typical interview for an administrative assistant position.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was offered a salary, no negotiation.

Associate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Energy Transfer Partners (San Antonio, TX) in March 2012.

Interview

Interview took process one semester before graduation, interned a summer before graduation and after graduation I got an offer.

Interview Questions

• all questions asked were pretty standard for an interview, no unusual questions, a good basic preparation will do.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation