Energy Trust of Oregon Interview Questions | Glassdoor

4.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at Energy Trust of Oregon

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Energy Trust of Oregon (Portland, OR) in August 2015.

Interview

Application submitted online, then an easy process to schedule a phone interview. The initial phone interview was to be followed by in-person interview for those that made it through. It was very friendly and relaxed, and took 30 minutes. About 5 questions were asked, and there was a little time for me to ask questions at the end of the call.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience in blue-collar environments (not phrased like that!)   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Energy Trust of Oregon (Portland, OR) in November 2010.

Interview

The interview was very thorough and challenging. I was impressed. For my first interview, they called and asked me to come in more as an "informational interview", to get to know me. It turned out to be a full on panel interview with about a dozen questions. I didn't feel prepared, but apparently did all right, because I had a second interview and got the position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Always a little challenging. But typical. I countered, they countered, I accepted.

BI Dev/Database Administrator Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Energy Trust of Oregon.

Interview

At the beginning of February I was contact by a recruiter for this position with sounded like a perfect match. Salary was a little low ($101k) but if they had backed it up with generous benefits I would have been okay with it. Here was their spec:

"If the person has SSAS for creating cubes, that is a plus. If they have SSRS for reporting, that is a plus, but the Business Analyst’s typically take care of the reporting part. Neither SSAS or SSRS are really required though. This is more of a BI/Datawarehouse Developer.

The position breaks down like this:
    1. 40% of this role will be database development, so writing new cubes, doing ETL, along with creating queries, tables, and stored procs.
    2. 10% of this role will be in a DBA role. Someone that knows failover and backup processes, and also understands how to optimize objects. This person might possibly be the backup for the dedicated DBA they already have on the team.
    3. 30-35% of this role will be gathering requirements and working with users. Because they will be working with internal people at Energy Trust, excellent soft skills are crucial for this role.
    4. The rest of this role will be helping the employee with professional growth. They give people the opp to strengthen their skills."

However, by the end of February it had become evident that this job posting was fraudulent. They had completely changed the job spec to a BSA.

It is incomprehensible to me that a company can be managed so ineptly. How can one start the beginning of the month with a job spec and a candidate nearly perfectly aligned, and then end the month looking for an entirely different job spec, and not even having talked with the perfect candidate?

Interview Questions

• How long have you used SSIS?   1 Answer