Engility Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Engility Interview Questions

Updated Jan 10, 2017

2.7

IT Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Engility.

Interview

The interview process for me was two 30 minutes interviews with managers at my campus. I had one 30 minute interview with one manager and then another 30 minute interview with the other manager. These interviews were back to back. I received an offer many months later.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a project that you worked on in your coursework that was valuable to you and what was your role on that project?   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Engility.

Interview

Applied through University. Had two 30 minute interviews discussing resume and technical skills. Both interviewers were nice, but neither made working there seem particularly exciting. Both interviewers also asked a lot of similar questions, so it felt repetitive between the two interviews.

Systems Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

I applied online through my school's website. The interview was relatively easy, mostly behavioral and a few technical questions. They asked about my course projects, team experience, and relevant technical experience. The interviewer's didn't seem super excited about the job themselves.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Engility.

Interview

It was an easy process that started with submission of a resume. Then there was a phone interview followed by an in person interview, each of which were smooth. After the interviews, a formal offer letter came in the mail.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Engility (Arlington, VA).

Interview

Was working for L3 Communications when Engility was a spin off of L3 Communications. Was invited to fill an open position in support of Navy Department after Engility assumed contractual obligations over L3 Communications. Interview was minimal.

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Engility (San Diego, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

It was a very pleasant interview experience. It was casual but yet professional. Technical questions were not asked. The person interviewing was pretty much just interested in my background and what all I have dealt with prior to applying to this job. It was mostly a conversation exchanging experiences in both our professional careers.

Interview Questions

• What do you think you level of experience is with the system?   1 Answer

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Engility (Charleston, SC) in May 2016.

Interview

It was a video interview. First you would hit enter and the question would be asked. Then you were given 30 seconds to consider an answer. Then you had 3 minutes to answer the question. The interview was obviously not personable and it was awkward in general. I had a problem with always looking at how much time I had left. Three minutes is not a long time to answer and give a detailed example.

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Engility (Colorado Springs, CO) in May 2016.

Interview

Phone interview and in person conducted about 1 week later. All correspondence went through a HR representative. Manager, PM, and team members all interviewed me. The phone interview lasted about 15-20 mins, and the in person interview was just over 1 hour.

Interview Questions

• Biggest weakness and how did I overcome it?   Answer Question
    • Where do you see yourself in 3 years?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever had to deal with a difficult coworker or customer? And how did you handle it?   Answer Question

SQL Database Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Engility (Rockville, MD) in March 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by an Engility recruiter via email. Had a short phone screen with him, some technical questions but nothing too difficult. That was followed by an interview by phone with the contract manager and lead technical person on the contract. It was mostly one technical question after another, but they were appropriate to the position. I was given ample time to answer the questions and allowed to ask for clarification when needed. It was intense but OK. Following that was an onsite one-on-one interview with the contract manager. I received an offer a day later. After receiving the offer, I realized I had more questions pertinent to the job and asked for another meeting with the technical lead, which was quickly arranged. All in all a quick, business-like process which didn't waste my time or theirs. They were friendly and easy to work with.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between a clustered and non-clustered index?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer
    • How would you go about troubleshooting a long-running query or other performance issue?   1 Answer

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Engility (Washington, DC).

Interview

The whole interview process was a bit frustrating for me. I interviewed with three people separately, but I had an impression it was really not well coordinated at all. They asked a lot of same questions, so I ended up spending three hours repeating my answers several times to different interviewers. Even more importantly none of the
    interviewers seemed to know what the position was going to be about. They couldn't answer simple question like who I am going to support and report to or what location I am going to work at. This was probably because none of them really had a direct relation to the position. And yet those were the ones that came to interview the candidates. Since none of them could answer most of my questions about the job, they asked me to contact them in a few days to follow up on my questions. When I actually followed up, there was no response.