Engility Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Engility Interview Questions

Updated Nov 3, 2017

2.6

Program Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Engility.

Interview

I submitted my resume through the website. I was contacted by a recruiter by email to set up an initial screening. Following the call with the recruiter, a phone interview was arranged with the Engility project team. An offer was made, but the salary was too low. The recruiter asked to submit my resume for another position. Following a phone interview with a different project team, I was offered the second position by email and accepted. The recruiter was very engaged in the process.

Interview Questions

• What types of interactions have you had with government clients? What were their roles and how did you assist them?   Answer Question

Network Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Engility.

Interview

Multiple interviews with multiple people. Overall good experience with nice people who were engaged in the process. Asked about interests and how I saw myself over the next few years.

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Huachuca, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Engility (Fort Huachuca, AZ).

Interview

Interview was with the team lead and a senior team member. The atmosphere was fairly relaxed with some humor interjected here and there but also serious technical questions. They wanted to get a feel for not only if I had the technical knowledge necessary for the position, but also how my personality and sense of humor would mesh with the rest of the team. I find this effective as the team gets along quite well and it makes a world of difference in a work environment.

Interview Questions

• I recall them asking for an example of one of the most difficult problems I successfully resolved at my previous job and how I did so.   Answer Question

Senior Cyber Security Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Engility (San Diego, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

I got contacted by a staffing agency recruiter (flag#1) for an immediate job opening that needed to be fill within days for a short term contract. Then I was given a offer, but supposedly the program manager "loved" my resume, and was invited for interview in less than 24 hours (Flag#2) for another position. I accepted to the interview to wish it was a complete waste of my time! The minute I walked in, I got the vibe that I didn't belong there, and the interview it lacked enthusiasm from the interviewers. At the end of the interview I was given the phrase "we are going to interview other candidates and let you know" (Flag#3) which reassure me that I just wasted 2 hours of my time.

My advise to Engility is to not waste people's time! Respect people's time. If you are not going to be serious about a candidate do not waste their time!

Event Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Huachuca, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Engility (Fort Huachuca, AZ).

Interview

It was a very informal interview with the section manager and senior section manager. The total interview time was less than 20 minutes. However, Engility has mandated more formal and structured interviews since I conducted my interview.

Interview Questions

• What skills and experiences do you have that make you a good candidate for this position?   Answer Question

Cyber Security Windows Architect Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Engility.

Interview

Phone interview, basic windows and Linux questions. Hiring manager called and did a brief overview of position. Didnt ask any typical interview questions. No tell me about yourself, strength or weakness questions. Tested knowledge on basic ports

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Engility.

Interview

Employee initiated internal transfer. HR contacts employee to vet the employee's qualification. Once vetted, internal interview is set up and conducted at a mutual time and location. Once completed, HR or hiring manager follows up with candidate (internal or external candidate).

Interview Questions

• What is your current position and day-in-the-life job responsibilities   1 Answer

Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lorton, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Engility (Lorton, VA) in August 2017.

Interview

Disorganized. One interviewer interrupted the other one constantly. The same person did not seem to know much
    about the vacancy he was trying to fill but seemed to enjoy talking about himself.

Interview Questions

• Asked about salary repeatedly and whether I would be comfortable with the job.   1 Answer

G3 INSCOM Contract Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Engility (San Antonio, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

Walked into a small room an was greeted by a professional women who was very kind and professional. Two hiring managers where in the room at separate tables interviewing job seekers. I was asked to fill out a generic form asking very simplistic biographical questions about my career history and skills and current salary info. Once I was invited to sit with the hiring manager he reviewed the document and proceeded to ask questions about my time in the military. He asked if I would be interested in a scenario developer position with very little knowledge my actual experience. At no point did he ever see my resume or even know I am a college educated individual and assumed I wasn't based on my career as an enlisted member of the Army. I was insulted by the fact he only offered me one position out of hundreds of opportunities with a new contract that was just awarded. The fact that the hiring manager offered me a junior level position with a salary equivalent to the pay grade of an E-6 and I turned it down he terminated the interview. I have taken the time to apply for the positions on line with my resume, outlining my experience and education to only have a hiring manager offer me a junior level position is absurd. I will never waste my time with a company who does not do their due diligence to research and at least have applicants information with them during the interview; that was I remind you, provided during the registration process on the company website. This is exactly the type of company I would recommend any senior level professional not to even waste their valuable time with. I hope INSCOM makes a better judgement next time they award a contract to a company who does not value time.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have with DCGS-A   1 Answer

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lexington Park, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Engility (Lexington Park, MD).

Interview

Received email about the position. Then phone calls from IT Manager. Then Skype calls with him and my so called "mentor to be" and a database Admin in second Skype interview.