Engility Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Engility Interview Questions

Updated Aug 11, 2017

2.6

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Engility.

Interview

Employee initiated internal transfer. HR contacts employee to vet the employee's qualification. Once vetted, internal interview is set up and conducted at a mutual time and location. Once completed, HR or hiring manager follows up with candidate (internal or external candidate).

Interview Questions

• What is your current position and day-in-the-life job responsibilities   1 Answer

Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lorton, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Engility (Lorton, VA) in August 2017.

Interview

Disorganized. One interviewer interrupted the other one constantly. The same person did not seem to know much
    about the vacancy he was trying to fill but seemed to enjoy talking about himself.

Interview Questions

• Asked about salary repeatedly and whether I would be comfortable with the job.   1 Answer

G3 INSCOM Contract Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Engility (San Antonio, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

Walked into a small room an was greeted by a professional women who was very kind and professional. Two hiring managers where in the room at separate tables interviewing job seekers. I was asked to fill out a generic form asking very simplistic biographical questions about my career history and skills and current salary info. Once I was invited to sit with the hiring manager he reviewed the document and proceeded to ask questions about my time in the military. He asked if I would be interested in a scenario developer position with very little knowledge my actual experience. At no point did he ever see my resume or even know I am a college educated individual and assumed I wasn't based on my career as an enlisted member of the Army. I was insulted by the fact he only offered me one position out of hundreds of opportunities with a new contract that was just awarded. The fact that the hiring manager offered me a junior level position with a salary equivalent to the pay grade of an E-6 and I turned it down he terminated the interview. I have taken the time to apply for the positions on line with my resume, outlining my experience and education to only have a hiring manager offer me a junior level position is absurd. I will never waste my time with a company who does not do their due diligence to research and at least have applicants information with them during the interview; that was I remind you, provided during the registration process on the company website. This is exactly the type of company I would recommend any senior level professional not to even waste their valuable time with. I hope INSCOM makes a better judgement next time they award a contract to a company who does not value time.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have with DCGS-A   1 Answer

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lexington Park, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Engility (Lexington Park, MD).

Interview

Received email about the position. Then phone calls from IT Manager. Then Skype calls with him and my so called "mentor to be" and a database Admin in second Skype interview.

Technical Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lorton, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Engility (Lorton, VA) in May 2017.

Interview

Worked through two recruiters after submitting my application, and interviewed six days subsequent to the application.

Interview was with position's supervisor and three peer-level personnel. Discussion centered around my previous experience in the area, as well as discussion of position's responsibilities and relations with partner organizations (other contractors and government client). Atmosphere of the interview was collegial.

Interview Questions

• Can you work with difficult customers?   1 Answer

Scientific Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Engility (Princeton, NJ).

Interview

I was contacted a few weeks after I submitted my resume. The interview was scheduled for that same week with the program manager as a phone interview. It felt like a standard interview - I was told the overview of the company and what the job description was, then was asked about my experiences and if I had any questions.

IT Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Engility.

Interview

The interview process for me was two 30 minutes interviews with managers at my campus. I had one 30 minute interview with one manager and then another 30 minute interview with the other manager. These interviews were back to back. I received an offer many months later.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a project that you worked on in your coursework that was valuable to you and what was your role on that project?   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Engility.

Interview

Applied through University. Had two 30 minute interviews discussing resume and technical skills. Both interviewers were nice, but neither made working there seem particularly exciting. Both interviewers also asked a lot of similar questions, so it felt repetitive between the two interviews.

Systems Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

I applied online through my school's website. The interview was relatively easy, mostly behavioral and a few technical questions. They asked about my course projects, team experience, and relevant technical experience. The interviewer's didn't seem super excited about the job themselves.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Engility.

Interview

It was an easy process that started with submission of a resume. Then there was a phone interview followed by an in person interview, each of which were smooth. After the interviews, a formal offer letter came in the mail.