Engility Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Engility

2.6

Sort:

Configuration Management Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Engility in March 2015.

Interview

Applied for a job online approximately six months before I got an email about scheduling a phone interview. Since I did not have program specific experience, I was told I was less than qualified by the interviewers. I would not say they were unfriendly as people, yet there was some underlying hostility throughout the interview. As with other companies, the recruiters are not prompt with answering phone calls or emails. I understand there must be a large volume of communication crossing their desks, yet it would be nice to have the courtesy of a response.

Interview Questions

• Explain to us what you currently do at your job.   1 Answer

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lexington Park, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Engility (Lexington Park, MD).

Interview

Received email about the position. Then phone calls from IT Manager. Then Skype calls with him and my so called "mentor to be" and a database Admin in second Skype interview.

Law Enforcement Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Engility (Arlington, VA) in August 2011.

Interview

Online plus telephonic interviews with follow up questions.

Negotiation

Only specific locations were negotiable, not salary or benefits.

Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Engility (Tucson, AZ) in January 2012.

Interview

The interview was a simple one. It was a panel type interview. I noted they were egar to fill the position. The questions were centered on the ability to lead a team and working with a "hard to please customer."
    I later found that they did not have control over the customer and the customer did not want a cohesive relationship with the firm.
    That should have been discussed during the interview process.

Interview Questions

• They were normal leadership questions; not too difficult   1 Answer

Negotiation

The negotiation was made when the lead, asked my current salary, I was truthful with him. He said that was about how much he was making. He said he could accommodate the salary.
    I never received an offer letter in the mail, until I arrived for the first day of work.
    The offer was 20K short.
    I had already left my previous position at another firm.
    Needless to say I was not a happy camper.
    Once I found another position with another firm; I left the company. My feelings were not in the job.

SQL Database Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Engility (Rockville, MD) in March 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by an Engility recruiter via email. Had a short phone screen with him, some technical questions but nothing too difficult. That was followed by an interview by phone with the contract manager and lead technical person on the contract. It was mostly one technical question after another, but they were appropriate to the position. I was given ample time to answer the questions and allowed to ask for clarification when needed. It was intense but OK. Following that was an onsite one-on-one interview with the contract manager. I received an offer a day later. After receiving the offer, I realized I had more questions pertinent to the job and asked for another meeting with the technical lead, which was quickly arranged. All in all a quick, business-like process which didn't waste my time or theirs. They were friendly and easy to work with.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between a clustered and non-clustered index?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer
    • How would you go about troubleshooting a long-running query or other performance issue?   1 Answer

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Engility (El Segundo, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

Phone screen, then a technical, in person interview with a panel of three interviewers, none of which were the owners of the requisition interviewed for. I left feeling it went well. I also heard from my contact that it did go well.
    After the interview (3 wks passed) and I didn't hear ANYTHING from anyone. Horrible process!

Interview Questions

• To explain a difficult problem with the customer, how I handled it and what was the outcome.   1 Answer

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Engility (Washington, DC).

Interview

The whole interview process was a bit frustrating for me. I interviewed with three people separately, but I had an impression it was really not well coordinated at all. They asked a lot of same questions, so I ended up spending three hours repeating my answers several times to different interviewers. Even more importantly none of the
    interviewers seemed to know what the position was going to be about. They couldn't answer simple question like who I am going to support and report to or what location I am going to work at. This was probably because none of them really had a direct relation to the position. And yet those were the ones that came to interview the candidates. Since none of them could answer most of my questions about the job, they asked me to contact them in a few days to follow up on my questions. When I actually followed up, there was no response.

Administrative Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Engility (Alexandria, VA).

Interview

As a Contract Administrator, you need to have a good understanding of the FAR basics and definitely understand the Contract format. Questions from FAR Part 16 and 52 were asked during the interview and I had to interpret the FAR's meaning and how to implement the interpretations in my daily role.

Interview Questions

• One main question that everyone is asked: Name the sections of a contract   1 Answer

Budget Analyst Interview

Interview

HR contacted me about a interview and once I responded to set up a meeting I never heard from her again. Even after calling, emailing, and leaving a voicemail... she never responded. Common courtesy is to at least follow up with the potential candidate.

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Engility (Boston, MA) in October 2011.

Interview

Interview not all that challenging. Poor follow-up by the company end after interviews.