Enova Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 12, 2018

3.1

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Enova (Ann Arbor, MI) in September 2016.

Interview

Got called via email after going to their career fair booth. Interview had a brief what do you want/get to know you talk, then technical questions. It lasted for about 1 hour.

Interview Questions

• I can't say the exact question because we had to sign an NDA, but we had both a coding question and a english writing task   Answer Question

Strategy and Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Enova (Champaign, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

I met the recruiter the day before at the career fair at my university and got a call that night to interview with them the next day. The recruiter only asked if I had any more questions about the company (which felt like a test in itself) and then gave me a case study to answer.

Strategy and Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Enova in September 2016.

Interview

I did an on-campus interview a day after the career fair. The interview was 30 minutes long, and there was a mini case after about 15 minutes of behavioral questions. The case was not difficult, but I recommend being structured while solving it and treat it like a management consulting interview in order to demonstrate logical thinking.

Senior PM Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Enova in August 2016.

Interview

Standard interview questions - tell me about yourself, what projects you led and how would you handle a project not able to meet a deadline. Aggravated interviewer (must had a bad day) and also used some colorful language. Company is relatively new and there are no structure environment. Interview process was not smooth due to the interviewer's tone and used a lot of internal acronyms.

Interview Questions

• How would you build a disaster recovery process within our structure?   1 Answer

Training Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Enova (Chicago, IL) in August 2016.

Interview

After applying online, I did a phone screen with a recruiter. Two weeks later, I did a phone interview with the hiring manager. About two weeks after that, I visited the office for an in-person interview.

Because of this role, the interview was a panel presentation, where I presented a 10 min. training, then received questions from the panel about my training, and then received assorted questions from the panel. The panel presentation was mentioned in a small font in the interview e-mail with very few details, so I did what I could. But it was pretty clear the panel was not impressed. While only 50% of the job would have been focused on training, 100% of the interview did, and that seemed to be all they were interested in.

I didn't have the opportunity to ask many questions. And I was only in there 45 min., when the e-mail said to prepare for 2-3 hours. It was clear we were not a match for each other, so it was no surprise when I got a rejection e-mail a few days later.

Site Reliability Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Enova in July 2016.

Interview

Phone interview as a first step to discuss previous experience, qualifications, etc.. Ended with, the typically what is your current salary. When I tried to politely dodge, they told me I had to answer the to move to the next step and I better not lie because they will look it up...

Interview Questions

• What type of scripts have you written, type of server environments, OS's   Answer Question

Applications Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurnee, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Enova (Gurnee, IL).

Interview

A staffing agency contacted me, met with a manager of staffin agency who then arranged a face to face meeting with a section manager at Enova International. The interview was great, nothing too tricky, very casual and conversational.

Interview Questions

• Asked about goals and aspirations and ask you to sell a calculator to the manager to see your sales skills   Answer Question

Analytics Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Enova (Chicago, IL) in June 2016.

Interview

I did 2 phone screens, an on-site interview, then a follow-up chat with the hiring manager. Overall it was a good experience, and Enova clearly puts a lot of thought into hiring the best people. My interviewers were friendly, and the casual environment seems to cultivate a really fun place to work.

Most of the interview time was focused on my technical abilities, such as data analysis, programming, statistics, and case studies. Even though I could answer the questions, I found them challenging and regard them as a sign of Enova's strong analytical talent.

Less time was spent meeting with managers; my discussions with them were very informal. All of my interviewers were non-managers, which I found to be quite unusual.

Interview Questions

I really like my current job, and Enova's offer was not competitive with my current compensation.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurnee, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Enova (Gurnee, IL) in May 2016.

Interview

They go over your resume and job, have you take 4 skills assessment test, then you have to do a job shadow to see if the job fits you! You have a typing assessment a listening skills assessment an professional writing assessment and a phone interview assessment!

Interview Questions

• Basic interview questions like how did you ever help an upset customer? Go over your resume! What makes a good boss? What is a bad boss you've had?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Enova (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Applied online. Contacted within two weeks. Completed a phone interview and was asked to arrive on location for four back-to-back interview with team leadership. Offered the position within a week of the on-site interviews.