Enova Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Enova Interview Questions

Updated May 23, 2017

3.1

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Enova in February 2016.

Interview

The interview process took roughly 2 weeks. I first got a phone interview then I went in for an in-person interview, she called me back the next day for a 2nd in-person interview with 2 managers. Once I got there only 1 manager was there. I then got called back that next day to meet with the manager that was not there. That same day I got a call about an offer.

Interview Questions

• Q: What former experience would make you a good fit here?   Answer Question

Business Analytics Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Enova (Chicago, IL) in February 2016.

Interview

while I was told by the HR that I'm going to be move forward with another interview, the next day i emailed back for the interview time, and got the reply saying that i'm not selected, which was very disappointed to me. i felt like doing a good job on the first few rounds.

Interview Questions

• technical questions that needs a calculator   1 Answer

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Enova (Chicago, IL) in January 2016.

Interview

I talked to a recruiter or people from analyst team through career fair on campus interview. Later on the same day, I got the phone call to schedule the second day interview. On the second day, it took about 45min for the one-to-one interview. I received the feedback after another two weeks saying that they found those who are more suitable for the position.

Interview Questions

• The recruiter asked about my previous work and what is the combination between previous work and the position that I applied to. The recruiter also asked the database questions, such as table, queries, algorithm implementation with a certain coding language, etc.   Answer Question

Analytics Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Enova (Chicago, IL) in January 2016.

Interview

First I had a technical phone interview. Then I was asked to come to headquarters for a longer technical interview. They had five separate interviews consisting of behavioral, case study, technical, data analysis, and financial knowledge.

Interview Questions

• I was asked questions in SQL about finding the second highest value in a column.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Enova (Chicago, IL).

Interview

The on-site interview takes 2 days with only 1 day of hotel provided. There was a dinner on Monday and the actual interview is on Tuesday. This means I have to skip an extra day of school. The company is 10-min walk to the train station and the interview ends 10 mins before my train. I emailed them to request whether I could get off like 20 mins earlier so I can go back to my school earlier. The HR said that "You would miss one of the interviews if you leave early.". Then I have to wander in the train station until 8pm to catch the next train. I reached my school around 11pm.

On the interview day, we had a lunch break which was more than 2 hours where we spent lots of time just to chat with employees. I really doubt how much they care about the time of their candidates. Lots of companies I have interviewed really cared about my time and tried to make the process as compact as possible.

They do reimburse some of your trip cost. But Enova sent me a check with my name spelled wrong. The bank did not accept it. I was really offended.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Enova (Chicago, IL) in December 2015.

Interview

Fast and efficient process. HR call followed by a half day of on-site interviews with engineers, team leads, and managers. Standard HR phone screen. On-site interview included a simple coding exercise, cultural fit discussion, and problem solving. Lunch was also provided. I was given a tour of their new office in the loop. Overall everyone was very friendly, and the interview process was straightforward. Standard technical questions that were on the easy end, allowed to use any language of my choice.

Advanced Analytics Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Enova (Chicago, IL) in November 2015.

Interview

The interview process consists of on-campus case interview and on-site superday. The employees were very friendly and the environment was very welcoming. The case interview tested business analysis, statistical regression and coding skills, which were again tested in a more extensive way during the superday. The case interview was a bit confusing since there weren't enough time/tools to give out an exact answer, but what they looked for is the thought process.

Interview Questions

• Write out a program that tests whether a number is a prime number.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Enova (Chicago, IL) in November 2015.

Interview

One campus and one onsite interview. The first was not difficult, mostly to check if you know basic programming and if you can check for edge cases. The onsite was also fairly easy - they did not ask me the typical algorithmic questions and instead asked questions related to code understanding and technical communication.

Strategy & Operations Analyst I Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Enova.

Interview

Fairly straightforward. Applied through my university and had an interview the week following. A few weeks later I was told I made it to the next round and got flown out for an onsite. Lasted a solid 6 hours, had a few case studies (individual and group) along with a few behavioral interviews.

Software Engineering Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Enova.

Interview

First I had an on-campus 1 hour technical interview and then got called up for a full-day on-site interview. They have dinner with members of their Software Engineering Department prior to the day of the interview. The process overall is really smooth, and unlike the traditional ones you would see at other companies.