Ensco (UK) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 12, 2017

2.9

Electrician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Moss Bluff, LA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ensco (UK) (Moss Bluff, LA).

Interview

The interview was via telephone. I talked to an electrical superintendent who asked job specific questions. He asked about my work history in the electrical fields from construction to troubleshooting. We talked about my HVAC experience and the need they had for both areas of expertise. After the interview he said he would recommend me to the Human Resource Manager. The HR manager contacted me later in the day via telephone to inform me of the next step to complete the hiring process.

Interview Questions

• Years of experience in electrical and HVAC disciplines and type of education   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ensco (UK) (Houston, TX).

Interview

Nice people, easy to talk to, decided to restructure. Great company. Great pay and benefits. Everything went well but they decided to do an internal restructure. Interviews went great.

Category Advisor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Ensco (UK).

Interview

met with HR for screening then with Global director, I was asked to introduce myself and why I thought I was a good fit for the job. I was asked about my past accomplishments and all other experiences that could help me perform at this position

Interview Questions

• focus on my past experiences and knowledge of Excel and Strategic Sourcing Methodology   Answer Question

GalleyHand Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Ensco (UK) (Houston, TX) in May 2014.

Interview

After three months and three different tentative job offers via email, I finally started a three week training course. After which I began my first hitch within a month.

Negotiation

None

Communications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ensco (UK) (Houston, TX) in February 2014.

Interview

The company make you do video interviewing through a company called HireVue. Very uncomfortable not speaking with a 'real' person while answering questions. You get 30 to 45 seconds to read the question and then the timer starts for you to answer the question while your computer video tapes your answer. You must have a computer that allows you to use video equipment.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you had to deal with a situation that you did not agree with at work, and how you handled the situation.   1 Answer

Roustabout Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ensco (UK) (Houston, TX) in December 2013.

Interview

30 minute phone interview, then was able to skip in person interview. After qualifying, began 1 week training that began with Dr. visit and physical test to deduct if we were fit to work out there in the conditions.

Interview Questions

• How do I feel about safety?   1 Answer

Senior Manager, Supply Chain Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ensco (UK) (Houston, TX) in October 2012.

Interview

Was conducted with HR as well as Supply Chain Leadership. The interview was conducted face to face and was very informal and felt at ease during the process. Overall a pleasant experience.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to join Ensco.   1 Answer

ETP/MTP Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ensco (UK) (Houston, TX) in May 2012.

Interview

phone call, 1:1 at hiring conference in Virginia, then a series of interviews with management at Houston office culminating with the VP of Human Resources. Received offer letter 8 days later and accepted the offer.

Roustabout Interview

Anonymous Employee in Broussard, LA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ensco (UK) (Broussard, LA) in August 2011.

Interview

From the time you turn in an application to the time you get a call is about three weeks. After you get your first call they will ask you several questions and set up a time and date to appear for a person to person interview. Upon arrival, they seemed to be unorganized for such a large company. The staff were friendly, but like i said before, UNORGANIZED. The process takes about two hours, and the application process takes about an hour to complete. Basic questions will be asked during interview consisting of family, relationship status, and then they will give you several senerios and ask you how you would react to them.
    Then they will inquire about your personal work ethics, and then describe the position and details about what you will be doing. Once excepted, you will endure a complete physical, including two MRI exams, two ex rays, work steps" a four hour physical fitness test / stress test, respirator fit test, lung capicty test, two drug test, and water survival.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Ensco is straight forward with their pay scale.

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Ensco (UK) (Houston, TX) in January 2011.

Interview

EMail inquiry followed by 2 in person interviews with Director and VP of Capital Projects. Project Management Methodology related questions. Series of technical questions and international operations questions. VP had resigned by the time I started and Director had been replaced. There were a number of contractual commitments made (business class flights and bonus structure) that they simply changed their minds on after I started.