Ensign Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 11, 2017

2.6

Administrator In Training Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mission Viejo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Ensign Group (Mission Viejo, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Will get a call from a super friendly recruiter asking about your experiences. In my case I was extremely candid about my leadership experience which in a similar industry but not significant. She will then refer you to shadow a couple administrators and if that goes well you will have an all day interview at HQ in orange county. I left HQ feeling extremely confident. One of the executives was very straight forward mentioning we will receive a call within 48 hours with a decision. After 72 hours of absolutely nothing I tried contacting the original recruiter. She e-mailed me back the next day saying I don't have enough leadership experience. Overall the process drags on and on and was a complete waste of time since they knew exactly how much experience I had from day one. They additionally asked illegal questions like my age and relationship status. My advice would be to be up front with them from day one about your leadership experience and make sure they're OK with it. Thinking back seems like the company is mostly concerned with cutting costs to the bone and not so much about providing exceptional quality care.

Interview Questions

• what was the most challening experience you have overcome   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ensign Group.

Interview

I was interviewed by the DoR and Occupational Therapist at the facility. They were very friendly and welcoming. They asked good questions. And they gave a good, accurate impression of the working environment.

Occupational Therapist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Ensign Group (Reno, NV) in September 2016.

Interview

I submitted an online application and resume. A phone interview with a recruiter followed. Then a site interview with the director. They never called back ( I called and emailed 2x), never followed up even though the interview was positive.

Administrator-in-training Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ensign Group.

Interview

Job shadowed with an administrator to see what it was like. Really nice people. Waited a couple more weeks, heard nothing then connected with another administrator to see about another job shadowing experience.

Interview Questions

• What is your management experience?   2 Answers
    • Are you willing to move?   1 Answer

Executive Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Ensign Group (Omaha, NE) in July 2016.

Interview

There were three team interviews that took a long time to schedule. The first interview was productive but the second and third interviews only delayed the hiring process. Receiving follow up between interviews was like pulling teeth. No one was in a hurry until the final week.

Interview Questions

• What connections do you have to grow business for all 4 of our buildings?   Answer Question

Activities Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ensign Group (Tucson, AZ) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview process was much more different than I have ever experienced before, although not a difficult one. There were three people interviewing me; the Administrator, HR Director and the current Activity Director. I was surprised that the current Activity Director was involved in the interviewing process and decision making process, since positions like these in most companies are between you and the administrator. I never received a tour of the facility, so I guess that is a bad sign right then and there, but did not think of that until afterwards. I was told that I would hear back in a few days and never did. All places where I applied for an Activity Director job have generally offered me the job within a day after the interview, if not the same day. I know each place runs differently. A friend of mine told me if you don't get a call within two to three days after the interview, your chances are very slim in being selected. The HR and Administrator were very professional acting for their roles. Nice facility compared to others.

Accountant Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ensign Group in January 2016.

Interview

Had several interviews as they involved most of their department. Interviews were not difficult but very time consuming. Had multiple 3 hour interviews. This was several years ago so things may have changed

Interview Questions

The salary they offered was laughable. They wasted my time. They increased their offer slightly but still wasn't decent. Don't waste your time with such a cheap company

Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ensign Group (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

The internship process consists of first, applying online through the company website. The company will follow up and conduct an e-interview consisting of a video interview and some questionnaires/tests. Then if that step is passed, an interview with a local administrator will occur and then wait to hear back from the corporate office about whether or not the internship position is offered.

AIT- Administrator In Training Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ensign Group (Salt Lake City, UT) in December 2015.

Interview

To get into the interview process, one must go through their local cluster. Basically, the guys in Mission Viejo refer everything back to the local cluster of directors at their facilities. Back to back face to face interviews with other directors in the local cluster. I was then referred to travel to California to meet with the executive team at corporate.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mission Viejo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Ensign Group (Mission Viejo, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

The interview was suppose to last 20 minutes, but the interviewer showed signed of impatience as soon as he noticed I was speaking with an accent. Nonetheless, the interviewer spent a few minutes asking a series of questions to verify that my skill was a match for the role they were looking for. After this formality, I was offered the opportunity to ask a few questions. The interviewer showed more signs of impatience and gave me partial short answers. I ended the interview by asking the interviewer if he had any concerns or reservations about me as a candidate for this position. His answer was that I do possess all the skills they were looking for.
    A few days later, I received an email telling me that they decided to move forward with another candidate. It's been a few days and they still haven't remove their job posting. Pretty pathetic, isn't it?

Interview Questions

• How have you used Git before?   1 Answer