Entercom Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 13, 2018

2.5

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Entercom (Greenville, SC).

Interview

I interviewed with the Sales Manager. We discussed what the role would entail, and how my current curriculum would assist me in completing tasks. It was a very pleasant conversation, and really let me make an informed decision on interning with the company. I knew I would have a very hands on experience from the conversation with her, and that was exactly what I was looking for!

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Entercom (Sacramento, CA) in December 2012.

Interview

Was very easy process. Had a two person group interview with two managers. Really basic questions. Whole process lasted about 2 weeks. They were very nice and professional. There was no follow up after the first interview, and I think calling after the interview put me over the top for the opportunity.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There wasn't any.

Marketing Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Entercom (Boston, MA) in January 2012.

Interview

Phone interview, invited in for a 1 on 1 interview. Told I was over-qualified. Met with everyone in the department and enjoyed the overall interview process. Was told I'd hear back and never did.

Marketing Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Entercom (Greensboro, NC) in December 2009.

Interview

A friend of mines had interned with 102 Jamz the summer before and recommended me to apply. I sent in an email via their online form stating her name and the person I was trying to reach. Within a couple of days I had an interview for the following week. I interviewed with the Director of Promotions and Marketing, Rugbee. His interview was very casual. It was more so directed towards my personality and what I wanted to learn from the internship. I left feeling good. Within the following week or so Rugbee called me back and offered me the internship position to start when I started the following semester. The interviewing process was smooth and easy!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate my hours. I needed a total of 220 hours to receive 6 credits from my school. Rugbee was able to set my schedule to meet these requirements as well as being able to assist him in the busiest part of the day.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Entercom (Boston, MA) in April 2011.

Interview

I had several interviews, first with a recruiter, second with the general sales manager, third with the local sales manager, and fourth with the director of sales. Each of them seemed disorganized and unprepared for the interview, it's a wonder they could ever sell their way out of a paper bag. The General manager's desk looked like a bomb had dropped on it - very unprofessional. The director of sales was pleasant, but nothing about the company or organization impressed me.

The compensation plan seemed sketchy to me, and the company didn't seem to be very organized at all.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Entercom (Boston, MA) in April 2009.

Interview

The interview process was fairly simple. My resume was passed along to the hiring manager to which I followed up with an email and phone call. I then met with the hiring manager. The role was a sales position and I was interviewing with a sales guy....which meant he spent most of the time "selling me" on how good he was as a sales manager and how much money his reps made. Since this was my first sales job, I think the only real qualification he was looking for was a competitive drive and that "sales person" personality.

After the initial meeting, I was asked to "do something to secure a second meeting." This meant I had to get creative to get a second interview. So, what I did was develop a presentation to show how my experience translates to sales. This got me the second meeting. Next I met with two more, higher up managers. All of the questions were pretty basic and relatively easy.

The final step was me talking to a current sales rep. The rep talked about the company from a different perspective and made it sound like a great place to work.

Interview Questions

• The request to do something to secure the second interview was a new twist.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There wasn't much negotiation. The job 100% commission and they start you on a draw for 60 days. In retrospect, this is the part I would have negotiated.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Entercom (Boston, MA) in October 2008.

Interview

The process was out of this world inconvenient. I interviewed with three different managers over the course of three months. THREE MONTHS!!! For a sales position, this is ridiculous. Not onl did I have to take time off from work, I had to take time off on four different occasions.

Interview Questions

• Define a situation in which it was difficult contacting a client.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Entercom.

Interview

The interview process was quick and rather seamless. I met who would be my future boss at a networking event, and was referred via current employees at the time. We had coffee and lunch and a formal interview before the offer was made.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for these stations? What makes you a successful sales person, where do you see yourself in 10 years?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Entercom (Sacramento, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

Was really easy. Be yourself and if you are a fit great. If not, you aren't missing much. I'm not so sure that anyone wants to fit in with this crowd of people personally.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Entercom (San Francisco, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Found position in their website. Hiring Manager called me direct. Had tour of the offices; and even introduced me to a few people. It was a nice interview and very thorough.

Interview Questions

• Why do your want to work at Entercom   1 Answer