Entergy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Entergy Interview Questions

2.7

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jackson, MS

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Entergy (Jackson, MS) in May 2014.

Interview

I applied online at their website, then I got a phone call from the hiring manager to setup an interview a month later and also ask me some technical questions. At the interview, 3 engineers interviewing me including the hiring manager. They just ask me about typical behavior questions and talk about my experience and resume. They do write down notes while I talk.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in White Plains, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Entergy (White Plains, NY) in May 2009.

Interview

I had an initial phone interview with the recruiter and then approx 4 wks later he called to tell me they were going to fly me in for a panel interview even though we both thought I was overqualified. The panel interview was 1 hr long with 3 people. All the questions were behavioral. The questions were pretty basic, except they started with "tell us about a time when you failed" and then "what did you learn from it?" and then "what would you do differently next time?" I wouldnt have minded the grilling as much if one of them wasnt reading their blackberry during it or if I hadnt already been on the road 12 hrs that day to sit in front of them.

There was no rapport building and no selling of the company. It was almost like they had decided I wasnt a fit before I even sat down.

Interview Questions

• tell us about a time when you failed....   Answer Question
    • tell us about an example of when you had to work with someone who didnt really like you.....   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Port Gibson, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Entergy (Port Gibson, MS) in April 2014.

Interview

Did panel of 2 interview. Asked lots of behavioral questions and questions of previous experience. Jotted down responses as you answered and each took turns back and forth with the questions.
    Did interview, got no call for the position I originally applied. They called 2 months later asking if I was still interested as they had another position in different area but same title. Declined because had found another job in another state and relocated by then. Would be great if they were more prompt about calling and letting you know what decision is after interview. Overall, the interview was not difficult and lasted about an hour.

Law Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Entergy (New Orleans, LA) in March 2014.

Interview

I did on campus interviews with Entergy to be a law clerk. The interview seemed like a softball. Easy questions. Going with the flow. I later found out they rehired the same law clerks from the previous summer. Take that for what it is. Get in as a rising 2L.

Interview Questions

• Whether I understood that they would not hire on after the rotation?   Answer Question

Meter Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lafayette, LA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Entergy (Lafayette, LA) in February 2016.

Interview

Behavioral based interview process. After applying for the job online, I was selected for an in person interview. There were two people in the interview. The first person ask a set of questions then the second person asked there questions.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in The Woodlands, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Entergy (The Woodlands, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied on the company's website. I received an e-mail a week later from the hiring manager about scheduling a phone interview. A week after that I was invited to come in for an in-person interview. Around that time I began researching the company and found out their vacation policy was complete garbage. On the day of the interview I ran into heavy traffic. I was looking for a reason not to go, and this appeared to be it.

Make sure you read up on ther benefits policy. They offer two weeks vacation to start which is bad enough, but it doesn't increase to four weeks until 15 years.

Interview Questions

• I was asked some basic finance stuff. If it's on your resume assume it's fair game.   Answer Question

Senior Communications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Entergy (New Orleans, LA).

Interview

The interview process, as a whole, is really long. My first interview was in early June and I ended up having three others over the span of about two months. Maybe it was just because it was summer and things slow down but I feel like the timeline could have been compressed a bit. By the time I finally accepted, gave my two week notice at my old job and started work, the whole process took close to four months.

Interview Questions

• They asked the "where do you see yourself in five years" question. To me, that's an interviewer that really has no idea what they are doing.   Answer Question

Engineer II Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Entergy in June 2015.

Interview

The initial contact from hiring manager Took about 3 wks. After which we set up an phone interview. I Performed an phone interview. I Was told a decision would be made in about 3 weeks. Never heard back. But overall the experience was a good one.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Entergy.

Interview

The interview process went smooth. I was informed of the process and made aware that it was a panel interview. I was able to keep up with my status online as it was updated as the process progressed.

Supervisor Customer Accounts Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hammond, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Entergy (Hammond, LA) in April 2015.

Interview

It was a normal interview. They started off with a presentation about the company, including benefits. The interview panel consisted of 3 individuals. The department manager, a supervisor and a manager from another department.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you discovered something unsafe. How did you handle or respond?   Answer Question